There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo

Dude, you really shouldn't post when you are drunk!

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

So i say no chip because he hasnt proved much yet. But it is still early.

Either way Go niners:)

That's not what he said.

Quote:

"Hopefully, we never have to ask him to do that," Singletary said. "Hopefully, we don't have to have a quarterback in position to just take us and put us on his back and take us down the field. I believe what he's doing right now has been good enough the first two games.

Now Big Brotha K, really. Really brotha. Ok granted he didnt say hill's name, but we all know who he's talkin bout. still dont want us to take a quarterback, put the team on his back and take us down the field.

Usually mod's dont write too much, but i honestly think you could of kept this response in the closet. Either way it's like you say tomato, i say tomatoe, spell it anyway, but mean the same thing. So maybe i didnt quote directly, but the fact of the statement still stands..

Honestly can you see ANY coach PRAYING they can put the game on the shoulders of ANY player? I don't think Sings comment had anything to do with confidence, it had to do with a team mentality. You should never hope that you're in that position.

But on the other hand...yes...there ARE teams that do have a QB that you can count on when the rest of the team plays like crap. We don't have that.

Oh and by the way saying that mods don't post much is ridiculous...if you stack their post counts on top of each other you'd be living on the moon.
[ Edited by GoldenIowa49er on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo

Dude, you really shouldn't post when you are drunk!

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

So i say no chip because he hasnt proved much yet. But it is still early.

Either way Go niners:)

That's not what he said.

Quote:

"Hopefully, we never have to ask him to do that," Singletary said. "Hopefully, we don't have to have a quarterback in position to just take us and put us on his back and take us down the field. I believe what he's doing right now has been good enough the first two games.

Now Big Brotha K, really. Really brotha. Ok granted he didnt say hill's name, but we all know who he's talkin bout. still dont want us to take a quarterback, put the team on his back and take us down the field.

Usually mod's dont write too much, but i honestly think you could of kept this response in the closet. Either way it's like you say tomato, i say tomatoe, spell it anyway, but mean the same thing. So maybe i didnt quote directly, but the fact of the statement still stands..

I think you look too much into it. What I see is that Singletary is talking about the QB position in general. That he hopes he doesn't have to rely on a QB to guide us to a win. If you have to rely on your QB to guide you to a W, then that could mean two things IMO, one, your team is behind and we need to pass in order to catch up. Two, the defense cannot stop the opposing team from scoring and your QB has to take control of the game with a shootout. That's the picture I'm getting from Singletary's statement.

Other than from how you see it as, Singletary hopes he doesn't have to depend on Shaun Hill period. See the difference in the two. Obviously we all know your a big Smith supporter and hoped he won the QB competition, so you have to nit pick everything said about Hill or the QB position, don't think I don't keep an eye on everyone's post??

Big K, i didnt know you watched some of us small fish. But i too watch what you type brotha, and being that this is an opinion zone. Now you see, im glad you pointed out the smith support. However and a big however, this has nothing to do with smith. And honestly i want hill to play the entire season whether good or bad. He's the starter and i support him. However no disrespect brotha, but at times you too, downplay when someone makes a valid argument. YOu too brotha may not say it, but at times you yourself come off as a hill supporter.

Sometimes your a stick by your guns Mod, and sometimes your glass half full, and half empty. All behind the scenes with the emphasis on sneaking your mindframe in a little. And thats all good.

So dont think i too dont keep an eye on the mods either. Just recently someone called you on your way of thinking and you rephrased and i quote started with, all im saying is. So as a mod you get your props, but site creator or not you have a bias, you have your like and dislikes and in that aspect you are a fan just like me. WE can agree to disagree, but please dont put words in my mouth, or even talk about me nit picking.

Yeah we have two wins, however, i want to see more out of the qb play. I want to see the ball spread more. Sing will never call out a player, remember Vernon Davis. Cant play with them, cant do it, if they think they are above the team. Now this came right after the Davis incident. Now according to your mind frame, this is just a general statement. But let me ask you this, as you say what you feel, whats wrong with me saying what i think is really meant when reading between the lines, nothing at all.

And come on with the low blows, smith supporter. Its funny how i have never even brought up smith after the competition, and actually was one of the smith supporters that said, Hill won, now show us whaat we can do. There are many other here that arent happy with hill's production either. So dont knock a brotha if they dont think like you, or hold players or positions to a certain standard. KNow what i mean. And by the way be careful, cuz i'll be watching too

I'll ignore the stuff you said about me as a Mod, if you have any problem with me we can handle that via PM if you want. And I think your feeling a little more personal about my comments than what it really is.

Sure I brought up the fact that you are a Smith supporter, do you deny it?? And for the record, in case you didn't notice I have stated several times that yes I do support Hill due to continuity, and so far so good. Its just that lately I've been seeing a lot of chippy comments from Smith fans, my reason for also accusing you of nit picking, if I'm wrong I apologize, but you can't ignore my point of view of how I see Singletary's statement either, wouldn't that also be glass half full if you did?? And how did I knock you, all I really said was, I think your looking too much into it. Honestly, your reply seems like its all over the place and really don't know which angle your taking at me, so if its out of frustration I once again apologize.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Not really. They gave him a shot at the NFL. Had they not taken him as an undrafted free agent, he might not even be in the league right now. He never really stood a chance to get the starting gig there, and probably understood that well. While I think he would love to go out there and win, i think it has more to do with the 49ers than a personal vendetta against the Vikings...

Exactly. In this interview he talks @ 2:19 about the Vikes gave him a shot but the fact is as a #3 in Minn. the guys in front of him never got hurt. Then he came out here and everyone was hurt and he got to step in multiple times. I don't think he has any grudge, if anything he might feel comfortable in the dome though
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Nabisko:
I hope so and I hope he breaks one of there corner backs fingers if they try to pick it and then grins over at Farve.

he cant throw that hard
he might not have a chip on his shoulder. He does need to be pumped tho.
  • 505_Niner
  • Info N/A
  • pd24
  • Veteran
The chip on his shoulder explains why his throws are soft.
Well I'd like to think he would. He still has quite a bit to prove. I really like him from the standpoint that we know he won't lose us the game. That really is half the battle for QBs in the NFL. But I'd like to see him continue to get better at helping us win some games. For us to go where we want to go, he has to be able to find the open WR and get him the football. Our offense has seen 8 and 9 man boxes both games this year so their should be plenty of opportunities for big plays in the passing game. And after seeing Hill throw some of the passes he did vs. ARZ, I really think he has the physical tools to do so. I think the coaches should also give him the chance to make these types of plays. And as he continues to learn the scheme, I'm sure they will.
ZOMG who carez about Shaun Hill when Alex Smith iz gonna win us 20 Superbowls!

~Snake
No.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
he might not have a chip on his shoulder. He does need to be pumped tho.

I dont understand your logic. Do you mean that he never is pumped? Or he will be a better game manager because he is pumped. If you haven't noticed we have been winning due to our defense and run game, Hill has converted first downs but as long as the Niners come up with great defensive game plays all Hill needs to do is what he has been doing to get us the W.