There are 314 users in the forums

So... is it Hill or is it our W.R.'s?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Hard to catch a ball when it is rarely if ever on target - Hill can through a curl route on target if it is 15 yards or under that is about it...never going anywhere with Hill as the QB he is a career backup plain and simple

wow, so far from the truth. Do you even watch the games? Hill's arm strength issues show when he tried to hit the 15 yard outs and curls, as there is no zip on the ball. He has good touch, as shown by the 2 TDs to Davis.

Let me ask you this, he puts us ahead with 1:30 to go, and our defense can't hold an 80 yard drive, that is Hill's fault?

We shouldn't have been ahead - he the INT he threw showed that - the only reason he got a 2nd chance is his incompotent ass got called for delay of game - Now Hill is okay we will win games with him but he will NEVER win us the game . We can probably win Our division with him just managing the game because it is so weak but great QB play wins in the playoffs - Shaun Hill may be capable of a good game once in awhile maybe a great game against Detroit or this years Bucs but that is about it....

if he throws the ball once on stride and on target to Bruce we were up another score - Def was on the field way to long again today - and why is that because Shaun Hill isn't allowed or isn't capable of audibling at the line of scrimmage when he see's 8 or 9 men in the box

Hey we were just talking about people like you in another thread
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The bright side is that maybe Sing and Raye will let Shaun have more control of the offense. He's shown them, and all the anti-Hill idiots on here, that he can take this team to the playoffs.

But other than that, I don't see much of a bright side. We had a big chance to give ourselves a nice cushion in the division today and choked it away.

Those Anti-Hill idiots are here to stay.

See what I mean?!? This is a PERFECT example of someone who flames others just to be an @$$.

If we don't agree with you it's because we're idiots. Ummm take a good long look in the mirror before you start throwing the terms "idiots or morons" around. You just might qualify for the job, so no need to outsource it.

~Ceadder

Niether its Jimmy (I'm stuck in the 1920's football game plan) Raye.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Now is that Jimmy or Singletary? I do think Singletary is smart enough he will adapt and realize he has to open up the offense - he has to get Hill some audibles at the line or get someone who CAN audible at the line to take people out of the box - run run pass doesn't work - If john Elway couldn't win with that formula in the 80's with Reeves i promise you neither can Shaun Hill
  • jcs
  • Veteran

+1

We were better off with martz...
Hard to catch a ball when it is rarely if ever on target - Hill can through a curl route on target if it is 15 yards or under that is about it...never going anywhere with Hill as the QB he is a career backup plain and simple

wow, so far from the truth. Do you even watch the games? Hill's arm strength issues show when he tried to hit the 15 yard outs and curls, as there is no zip on the ball. He has good touch, as shown by the 2 TDs to Davis.

Let me ask you this, he puts us ahead with 1:30 to go, and our defense can't hold an 80 yard drive, that is Hill's fault?

Hill did everything he was asked to do ...... this falls on play calling and the offensive line in run blocking and that last drive allowed by the defense. IMHO

I wish the Offense would convert more 3rd downs and give the Defense more of a rest.
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Smith to Gilmore for 75 yards

Compared to this:

Shaun Hill to Isaac Brue for 50 yards

Now tell me, which receiver catches his pass in-stride??

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..

Hafta say that Hill's pass was better. Only cause it was over Bruce's shoulder.

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

But oh well it's not Alex so you're happy with mediocrity.

~Ceadder

Hey, we not all haters, i Just feel Hill gives us the best chance to win. I was waiting for the bashing ceadder, but I noticed you refrained... heh!

And for the moment I don't feel that he gives us anything more that either Alex or Nate can give us. Seriously, if all we want is a custodial QB then all 3 qualify perfectly. I'm pretty sure that all 3 can hand the ball off to a RB. They would NEVER have made the Pros if they couldn't do that.

So really what does Hill bring to the table that is so much better than the other two? Cause I'm not seeing it and I would LOVE to be enlightened.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

We shouldn't have been ahead - he the INT he threw showed that - the only reason he got a 2nd chance is his incompotent ass got called for delay of game - Now Hill is okay we will win games with him but he will NEVER win us the game . We can probably win Our division with him just managing the game because it is so weak but great QB play wins in the playoffs - Shaun Hill may be capable of a good game once in awhile maybe a great game against Detroit or this years Bucs but that is about it....

if he throws the ball once on stride and on target to Bruce we were up another score - Def was on the field way to long again today - and why is that because Shaun Hill isn't allowed or isn't capable of audibling at the line of scrimmage when he see's 8 or 9 men in the box

Hey we were just talking about people like you in another thread
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The bright side is that maybe Sing and Raye will let Shaun have more control of the offense. He's shown them, and all the anti-Hill idiots on here, that he can take this team to the playoffs.

But other than that, I don't see much of a bright side. We had a big chance to give ourselves a nice cushion in the division today and choked it away.

Those Anti-Hill idiots are here to stay.

See what I mean?!? This is a PERFECT example of someone who flames others just to be an @$$.

If we don't agree with you it's because we're idiots. Ummm take a good long look in the mirror before you start throwing the terms "idiots or morons" around. You just might qualify for the job, so no need to outsource it.

~Ceadder

I looked in the mirror this morning and what do you know I am a moron? But I sure know my football!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Compared to this:

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

~Ceadder

Hey, we not all haters, i Just feel Hill gives us the best chance to win. I was waiting for the bashing ceadder, but I noticed you refrained... heh!

And for the moment I don't feel that he gives us anything more that either Alex or Nate can give us. Seriously, if all we want is a custodial QB then all 3 qualify perfectly. I'm pretty sure that all 3 can hand the ball off to a RB. They would NEVER have made the Pros if they couldn't do that.

So really what does Hill bring to the table that is so much better than the other two? Cause I'm not seeing it and I would LOVE to be enlightened.

~Ceadder

Poise in the pocket and overall a much better passer, well at least over Smith.
Originally posted by jcs:

+1

We were better off with martz...

Okay let's not get crazy - Martz still thinks JTO is a starter and I will say flat out without hesitation Hill is WAY better than JTO - and it wasn't until Singletary came in and made him dial his offense down that we could score in the Red Zone - Martz is good if someone is there to dial him back (Vermil, Singletary) I don't think he is willing to be in that roll again - but this years approach I think is better they are making the most out of what they got - I don't know if Alex is a better option at QB but like pointed out later if all they want out of the QB is for them to hand it off well then anyone can do that...

Don't forget the play calling!

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Poise in the pocket and overall a much better passer, well at least over Smith.

Hill has no pocket prescense and no down field accuracy - which is fine if you can control the ball better - the offense can NOT leave the Defense out on the field week in and week out like they have been - Shaun Hill and Raye have got to do a better job of mixing the plays up and getting the Def off balance...

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Consistency, poise and someone that doesn't just run out of bounds when the pocket collapses. Hill at least senses pressure, steps up and makes throws. There is a reason Smith's stats are the way they are ~Ceaddar

Look man, we all know Hill is a 34rd strionger in a starting role. He is doing the best he can. Point is Alex isn't even that good to beat said 3rd stringer . And if he is still on the roster next year he will get beat by Nate Davis and thrust to where he belongs.

Edit: Ben Rothleisberger, Eli Manning and more become UFA's next year just in case.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM ]

~Ceadder

Well, you do not know what they would have done (alex or nate). AS might have not completed anything, Nate could have fumbled, or many of the other endless possibilities. I mean, with only 25 passes, and he basically put us ahead to win the game, that is pretty damn good. While I am not spouting that he is the savior in any way what so ever, I just feel he deserves credit where it is due.

~Ceadder

Well, you do not know what they would have done (alex or nate). AS might have not completed anything, Nate could have fumbled, or many of the other endless possibilities. I mean, with only 25 passes, and he basically put us ahead to win the game, that is pretty damn good. While I am not spouting that he is the savior in any way what so ever, I just feel he deserves credit where it is due.

Besides, I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is walking through that door anytime soon.
Share 49ersWebzone