LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

Why can't we....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Throw the ball to our receivers???

Josh Morgan has two obismal games. Our 3rd WR is non-existent. Isaac Bruce is the only WR getting targets.

Seems like Shaun Hill isn't seeing the whole field. Morgan is invisible.

Josh Morgan can't do anything if he doesn't get any targets and I can say the same thing about Vernon Davis.

WE DON'T THROW THESE GUYS THE BALL... WTF!

Dont get it twisted. I am happy we are 2-0. I am happy Hill doesn't turn the ball over.

But what is your reason for the lack of WR production (not just this year, the last several years)?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
As long as it comes when its really needed why even worry about it?
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
because there will come a point (NEXT WEEK) when we will face the #1 rush defense in the NFL where we need to get the ball to our WR/TEs. And its not happening with any regularity.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Ya, I'm sure Crabtree wants to run route's for no reason. "Where do I sign."
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Because we don't want to risk Shaun Hill throwing interceptions.

We have a conservative offense.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brandonjg:

Josh Morgan has two obismal games. Our 3rd WR is non-existent. Isaac Bruce is the only WR getting targets.

Josh Morgan can't do anything if he doesn't get any targets and I can say the same thing about Vernon Davis.

Dont get it twisted. I am happy we are 2-0. I am happy Hill doesn't turn the ball over.

But what is your reason for the lack of WR production (not just this year, the last several years)?

Lack of talent and playcalling...

You will notice Bruce is somewhat seeing the ball...it's because he doesn't suck like our kids do, even at his old age
I see what your saying, But why throw the ball when Frank is running for 200 yards? There's no need to force the passing game if our running game is working as well as it did today. We threw the ball when we needed to on 3rd down.

Get used to this, We are going to be a run first team until defenses FORCE us to throw the ball more. I Don't know what else they can do because they're already putting 8-9 in the box but that doesn't stop gore
Originally posted by crzy:

agreed.
I'd like a more aggressive offense. I did feel that we were a little bit predictable but I guess that is also what sets up the playaction.

The thing that bothered me is that the medium to long passing game seems fairly non-existant. Granted, we haven't had to dig deep to win since Gore and the short passing game has come through for us but i would like to see Raye open up the playcalling a little more.

-9fA
Originally posted by jcs:

Lack of talent and playcalling...

You will notice Bruce is somewhat seeing the ball...it's because he doesn't suck like our kids do, even at his old age

Your right, Bruce has a talent for getting open and finding openings in the zone. Morgan still needs to work on his rout running, and earning his QB's trust.

Unless you have access to the coach's tape, how do you know if the receivers are getting the separation necessary? I saw Hill take a few coverage sacks today, which may mean receivers are not getting open. This might be a good question to ask the 9ers beat writers.
Why can't we...

????

I'm not really sure why?

Hill is the type of qb that will use his outlet guys a lot. RBs and FBs. Premier wideouts wouldn't like him as their QB if they are obsessed with their stats, which they should because it pays them. I'm surprised VD hasn't had more catches. It seems as if Hill would use his TE more with the underneath stuff...
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes we have a conservative offense but Hill is not really known for throwing interceptions. All QBs throw them occasionally but he doesn't turn the ball over that much. I think we should throw more.

LB
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Why can't we...

????

I'm not really sure why?

I have to co-sign with you on this one. It's a new offense and Shaun is winning games but he's still limited. I believe we're doing very well to be honest. The way the critics were talking beginning of the season, the Seahawks would be crushing everybody in the divsion. I know its early but it sure didn't look like that yesterday. To be a heavy run team, we're sure are throwing the ball a little more than I expected.
Share 49ersWebzone