LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Regarding Jimmy Raye after WEEK 2...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Regarding Jimmy Raye after WEEK 2...

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k the wildcat its such a p***y play it doesnt f**king work throw that page of the playbook. I cant even begin to explain how much i hate the f**king wildcat

Tell the Dolphins that! The fact that we cant do it doesnt mean it doesnt work.

what team so far has been successful running that stupid ass play
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Am I the only one who thought Spurlock messed up the wildcat/taser play? He had room to run AND overthrows the reciever.

No, I thought he should have run the rock too, he had an easy first down.
Originally posted by 415fan:
Am I the only one who thought Spurlock messed up the wildcat/taser play? He had room to run AND overthrows the reciever.

on 3rd and 22??? hows that an easy third down
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Not easy, but he did have some yards in front of him. On the other hand that is a much better option than having spurlock "chucking"the ball 35 yards up field. If your gonna throw it, let Hill do that shiznit.

IIRC he had like a good 20 yards of real estate to run, but overthrows the receiver (forgot who it was) who was wide open! All good though.

Really the only issues I have with Raye are the shuffle/shovel pass draw plays, but as long as we get the W he can run the 'ol Madden fake field goal formation from our own 10 for all I care.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Not easy, but he did have some yards in front of him. On the other hand that is a much better option than having spurlock "chucking"the ball 35 yards up field. If your gonna throw it, let Hill do that shiznit.

that playcall=

IIRC he had like a good 20 yards of real estate to run, but overthrows the receiver (forgot who it was) who was wide open! All good though.

Really the only issues I have with Raye are the shuffle/shovel pass draw plays, but as long as we get the W he can run the 'ol Madden fake field goal formation from our own 10 for all I care.

you recall incorrectly sir, he did not have 20 yards of running room, he was running out of bounds before he decided to throw it.
Looking better than week one.

But enough of the unneccesary goofy playcalling. Wildcat? No thanks. WR option pass plays? No thanks. Slow ass developing WR reverse running plays? Nah, don't like it.

They can do without that kind of BS.

you recall incorrectly sir, he did not have 20 yards of running room, he was running out of bounds before he decided to throw it.

My mistake, guess I was blinded by all the razzle-dazzle!
f**k the wildcat its such a p***y play it doesnt f**king work throw that page of the playbook. I cant even begin to explain how much i hate the f**king wildcat

tell us how you really feel

Well, Raye got his 60-40!
Apart from the 2 long runs by Gore, the rest of the play calling was marginal at best. The long drive that consumed about 8 minutes in the 3rd/4th qtr was really good. I would like to see more killer instinct, make the opposing defenses defend the whole field, make better use of the passing game, which sucked yesterday.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Apart from the 2 long runs by Gore, the rest of the play calling was marginal at best. The long drive that consumed about 8 minutes in the 3rd/4th qtr was really good. I would like to see more killer instinct, make the opposing defenses defend the whole field, make better use of the passing game, which sucked yesterday.

I agree. It reminded me of the 4th quarter in Arizona. I think we're at our best when we're aggressive. I'm not saying to run our offense like Martz, but I would like for our offense to be a little more aggressive. I like the idea of ball control, but sometimes you have to turn it on a little. Playing to hang around sometimes results in heartbreaking games (Arizona last year).
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It's a matter of time before Sing calls him in the office and tells him to sh*t can the Taser.

dont worry because about 90% of teams will scrap it by midseason. it is just not working for anyone at this time.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I'm going to defend Jimmy Raye on his creativeness on playcalling. Did you notice the awsesome fake dive to the FB and pitch out to Gore. He called it twice and both were wide open for Gore. Also, when backed up in the endzone, he called a safe flat pass to Norris and it turned out to be a chain-mover.

Norv was a little frustrating but when it came down to it, he called some great plays that had the defense completely off balance. Look at the play Raye called in Game one: the wide open pass to Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone