There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Regarding Jimmy Raye after WEEK 2...

Regarding Jimmy Raye after WEEK 2...

• ZRF80
For the second week in a row, there was some s**tty playcalling from his part. Im not downplaying any of our wins, but both these games could have easily been blowouts on our part. Yet, with a pretty good lead, Raye once again failed to nail the coffin shut..........calling the Wild Niner on two lame occasions. The fact that in both games he had to rely on Hill's arm to prevent any comeback is not a coincidence; both Hill drives were preceded by 2-3 ineffective drives that were primarily run-run-run-punt.

It's not rocket science to see that Hill is the key. Frank Gore rushed for 30 yards last week; this week for 206. Hill, on the other hand, came up BIG both times when it counted. Why not give Hill some leeway earlier in the game, instead of calling the f**kin WILD NINER ? Even Brian Billick was pulling his teeth, at one point even claiming that Singletary needs to be on the phone with his offensive coordinator questioning his playcalling.

So I ask, Jimmy Raye's playing..........yay or nay after week 2 ?
[ Edited by ZRF80 on Sep 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM ]
I liked the run calls. I thought the tight end played a big factor in this offense. I guess that's probably just in the run game.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM ]
This was the fear when he was hired. He has a PROVEN track record of fair mediocrity.

Why act surprised now?

But, it is exactly what Sing wanted. Hope it works in the long run. It has so far.
It was better early in the game this week, but got to conservitive midway. I think he is limited with Hill at qb he just doesnt have the arm strength to warrent the def to respect it.
f**k the wildcat its such a p***y play it doesnt f**king work throw that page of the playbook. I cant even begin to explain how much i hate the f**king wildcat
It's a matter of time before Sing calls him in the office and tells him to sh*t can the Taser.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It's a matter of time before Sing calls him in the office and tells him to sh*t can the Taser.
shovel passes and wildcat needs to stop. I would prefer a little more balance in the playcalling. There were times when we tried to pass 3 times in a row when we were up and needed to burn more clock. But really, I just hope Shaun Hill realizes he needs to be more aggressive when we can't afford to have just a game manager in at QB.

I'm still worried about the offense, because we can't always count on these break away TD runs from Gore. Besides those 2 runs, it was pretty similar to Arizona, and we'll be facing much better defenses in the future. We can't always count on Gore to break away for long touchdowns to create our offense.
Originally posted by dhp318:
shovel passes and wildcat needs to stop.
Originally posted by dhp318:
shovel passes and wildcat needs to stop. I would prefer a little more balance in the playcalling. There were times when we tried to pass 3 times in a row when we were up and needed to burn more clock. But really, I just hope Shaun Hill realizes he needs to be more aggressive when we can't afford to have just a game manager in at QB.

I'm still worried about the offense, because we can't always count on these break away TD runs from Gore. Besides those 2 runs, it was pretty similar to Arizona, and we'll be facing much better defenses in the future. We can't always count on Gore to break away for long touchdowns to create our offense.

AZ's defense looks for real...
That last Taser play he called SHOULD have been a first down, but Spurlock missed him. Robinson would have made that pass. Had that ball not been overthrown, you would have called Raye a genius for that call.

He called a WAY better game, and I was critical last week. I like how he faked the draw on third down (because we had run that play twice the week before). I was very impressed with the play calling on those runs. Brilliant!
Originally posted by Winners:
...I was very impressed with the play calling on those runs. Brilliant!

Any 79 or 80 yard touchdown run is a brillant play call in retrospect.
  • ZRF80
That last Taser play he called SHOULD have been a first down, but Spurlock missed him. Robinson would have made that pass. Had that ball not been overthrown, you would have called Raye a genius for that call.

He called a WAY better game, and I was critical last week. I like how he faked the draw on third down (because we had run that play twice the week before). I was very impressed with the play calling on those runs. Brilliant!

I doubt it. Why put the ball in the hands of a "former" QB ? Take chances with your real one. Again, a lot of people like to use the "lack of faith in Hill" argument, but the point is moot. Hill has proven in 2 straight games that he can finish games when it counts. So whats Raye's deal ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I doubt it. Why put the ball in the hands of a "former" QB ? Take chances with your real one. Again, a lot of people like to use the "lack of faith in Hill" argument, but the point is moot. Hill has proven in 2 straight games that he can finish games when it counts. So whats Raye's deal ?

Watch that last taser play again, he had the defense totally fooled. That would have been a first down because dude was wide open. Put Robinson in there and he makes that pass, 49ers make a first down.

I think Hill is the greatest. I don't get some of you 49ers fans though. Last week it was "we can't run!" this week it's "we can't pass!". We DOMINATED that game, and most of the Arizona game. You don't need to pass when you're running that well, you just need to eat up clock.
if he were stripped of play calling duties who would get the nod?