LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Pashos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by redngold21:
Pashos was pretty terrible before he was hurt last year, what exactly makes anyone think he can be our starting rt this year? We NEED a 1st round RT that can start right away I just hope one will fall to us.

Thank you!!!!! wtf makes Pashos a starter here? wow people are silly stupid!

This, I was trying to remember a time during the season where I was like "man im glad pashos is in there."

When he was in, it was as bad as when snyder was in.

That wasn't very long though. He platooned in four games and started the first game after the bye at Houston and was injured in the same game.

What would be stupid is to let him walk and assume that Snyder or Boone could be adequate as a fall back . . . which they aren't.
Let him walk, we need a blue chip tackle to start from day one, hopefully we draft one with one of our first two picks, we badly need a RT.
Pashos is a quality back up. Period. Resigning him will and should not change draft strategy.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Here's what I see happening...even if they re-sign Pashos, the 1st rd OT is still a go. Both Singletary and Mac are optimistic they can get him signed...which gives you insurance in case the new OT isn't ready to start early. Pashos would be mostly a shorter term deal...the rookie would be probably for 5 years. You've got to have quality depth when the starters get dinged up...just like last year when Staley went down and Sims filled in nicely. We need the same thing on the right side. Same deal w/Baas...they still need to get a stud OG. I'd love to see us still go big-time OL in 1st rd...best OT, then Iupati. Now we're talkin'...and with Coaches Solari & Brown, they'll get the new kids up to speed in relatively short order. It's a win-win for the OL, and for our team to truly move forward, they've got to get it done.

The other thing Corva is that the four elite tackles could go by #10 so why reach at #13 for someone who's worth 20's when you could still have a top 10 player on your lap waiting for us to pick him. At #17, the reach wouldn't be that bad for a player like Campbell or Brown, but they may need a bit of seasoning from Solari/Brown so...

...why not Pashos as an insurance policy?

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by redngold21:
Pashos was pretty terrible before he was hurt last year, what exactly makes anyone think he can be our starting rt this year? We NEED a 1st round RT that can start right away I just hope one will fall to us.

Thank you!!!!! wtf makes Pashos a starter here? wow people are silly stupid!

This, I was trying to remember a time during the season where I was like "man im glad pashos is in there."

When he was in, it was as bad as when snyder was in.

That wasn't very long though. He platooned in four games and started the first game after the bye at Houston and was injured in the same game.

What would be stupid is to let him walk and assume that Snyder or Boone could be adequate as a fall back . . . which they aren't.

Pashos as a fallback back up is fine and I think we should resign him for that roll but not as a starting RT. I couldnt tell if Pashos or Snyder was in since the right side was a train wreck no matter what.
Share 49ersWebzone