There are 233 users in the forums

Pashos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think the first series Pasho's was in he gave up a sack, gotta go back and re-watch the DVR to be sure.
Does anyone know if Pashos is under contract next year? If he is and is able to stay healthy could he be the RT we brought him in to be? The sports websites are blocked by the IT Nazis at work. If Pashos can be "the guy" that would just leave the LG and RG positions to fix on the OLine.
I believe we signed him to a one year contract. The idea was for him to play well one year and get a big contract in free agency next year, since he couldn't get one this past offseason.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Pashos is a FA, but ive read he likes being a Niner, and is well liked by coaches and players,
so i think there is a good chance we keep him around, he can start at RT while a rookie learns the ropes. and when the rookie takes over, we have quality vet depth
Getting injured this year will really depress his free market value. The Niners should be able to keep him, if they want, for a reasonable price. I wish he'd played more for us, I really have no idea what his potential could be. Anyone have any input as to how he did for us?
Any update on Pashos's status? At one point, I was under the impression that he was pretty much on his way to the Redskins following his OL coach. But then lately, it seems like the rumors are suggesting he might stay by the bay.

Anyone have any legit info on this?
Originally posted by Butter:
Any update on Pashos's status? At one point, I was under the impression that he was pretty much on his way to the Redskins following his OL coach. But then lately, it seems like the rumors are suggesting he might stay by the bay.

I believe he's an UFA. It looks to me that he'll test the market.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Sounds about right. I guess I should have been more specific. Any word on Pashos coming back to the Niners?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Anyone who thinks we can count on him is crazy. We haven't exactly had luck with injured FA lineman. It shouldn't affect our draft in the slightest, we need a RT who can start from day one.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Sounds about right. I guess I should have been more specific. Any word on Pashos coming back to the Niners?

No, I don't think that Pashos has spoken to the media lately.

There has only been speculation from the Matt's about what might the 49ers and Pashos' intentions might be in regards to negotiating a new deal.

-9fA

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Pashos did stick around with the team while injured. I wouldn't mind resigning him for a one year deal and let him compete against a first round draft pick.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Pashos did stick around with the team while injured. I wouldn't mind resigning him for a one year deal and let him compete against a first round draft pick.

I actually think that it will be a big fail if our 1st round draft pick doesn't beat out Pashos.

I like Pashos nothing more than as a backup.

-9fA
Originally posted by backontop:
Does anyone know if Pashos is under contract next year? If he is and is able to stay healthy could he be the RT we brought him in to be? The sports websites are blocked by the IT Nazis at work. If Pashos can be "the guy" that would just leave the LG and RG positions to fix on the OLine.

Bass has struggled but I don't think we should try and replace Chilo Rachel at RG. Comin into his third year.
I would hope we don't waste a first round pick on some guy who's just gonna be a backup.

Resign Pashos for 2 years and grab a lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I would hope we don't waste a first round pick on some guy who's just gonna be a backup.

Resign Pashos for 2 years and grab a lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

A backup to who? Pashos?
Share 49ersWebzone