There are 176 users in the forums

Pashos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I would hope we don't waste a first round pick on some guy who's just gonna be a backup.

Resign Pashos for 2 years and grab a lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This seems like the best case scenario, based on two pretty big IF's.

IF Pashos will resign. IF he's good enough to be a starting RT. I like that it would allow the Niners to go strictly ofter BPA in the draft though.
Pashos was pretty terrible before he was hurt last year, what exactly makes anyone think he can be our starting rt this year? We NEED a 1st round RT that can start right away I just hope one will fall to us.
49ers tender offer to Brooks. 2nd Round tender. If he signs with another team, 49ers get a second round pick.
I think Pathos has some gas left in his tank; probably more than Sims. I feel that we can sign him for depth W/O much trouble. He was cut by his last team and he got hurt early for us before he could build any resume for the 2010 season. Sims and Pathos would be respectable back ups. We draft a stud R.T. and our O-Line will be a lot better than last year!
Originally posted by redngold21:
Pashos was pretty terrible before he was hurt last year, what exactly makes anyone think he can be our starting rt this year? We NEED a 1st round RT that can start right away I just hope one will fall to us.

Thank you!!!!! wtf makes Pashos a starter here? wow people are silly stupid!
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I think Pathos has some gas left in his tank; probably more than Sims. I feel that we can sign him for depth W/O much trouble. He was cut by his last team and he got hurt early for us before he could build any resume for the 2010 season. Sims and Pathos would be respectable back ups. We draft a stud R.T. and our O-Line will be a lot better than last year!

no way! sims hustled this year & his hard work paid off.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Like you guys, I can't even believe what I've been reading around here. We have two high first round picks and people dont want to draft an "elite" tackle? They want to roll the dice on a guy that got tossed by Jacksonvill because they felt they could do better? WTF? Its like all logic has gone out the window.

All these people creaming their pants for Spiller, but what the heck is Spiller gonna do when the DE and OLB is on him before he has the ball?

Tackle is probably the least risky pick of any postion out side of middle linebacker and It's our biggest area of need hands down. Crazy..

Sure, lets get a 3-4 DE so we can really roll the dice. Like thats not a complete crap shoot. I guess we are going to need it because our offense wont be able to do crap if some of these posters had there way.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Like you guys, I can't even believe what I've been reading around here. We have two high first round picks and people dont want to draft an "elite" tackle? They want to roll the dice on a guy that got tossed by Jacksonvill because they felt they could do better? WTF? Its like all logic has gone out the window.

All these people creaming their pants for Spiller, but what the heck is Spiller gonna do when the DE and OLB is on him before he has the ball?

Tackle is probably the least risky pick of any postion out side of middle linebacker and It's our biggest area of need hands down. Crazy..

Sure, lets get a 3-4 DE so we can really roll the dice. Like thats not a complete crap shoot. I guess we are going to need it because our offense wont be able to do crap if some of these posters had there way.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, there are NO guarantees that a rookie RT is gonna come in and solidify our O Line.

I can see if we're talking about the top 2-3 Tackles, but this year the #13 and #17 picks might get us the 5th rated tackle. No thanks. Too many impact players available to reach for a position of need.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, there are NO guarantees that a rookie RT is gonna come in and solidify our O Line.

I can see if we're talking about the top 2-3 Tackles, but this year the #13 and #17 picks might get us the 5th rated tackle. No thanks. Too many impact players available to reach for a position of need.

I'm not going to pretend to be a draft guru, because I'm not. But I thought OT and DT where some of the deepest positions in the draft? Everything that I have read has Baluga, WIlliams, Okung and Davis as legit top 15 picks. Guys like Iupati, C.Brown and Campbell is where it starts to get fuzzy. So I would agree with you that if the top 4 are gone we shouldn't reach, but maybe we should consider trading down one of the picks, because we do need a Tackle.
Here's what I see happening...even if they re-sign Pashos, the 1st rd OT is still a go. Both Singletary and Mac are optimistic they can get him signed...which gives you insurance in case the new OT isn't ready to start early. Pashos would be mostly a shorter term deal...the rookie would be probably for 5 years. You've got to have quality depth when the starters get dinged up...just like last year when Staley went down and Sims filled in nicely. We need the same thing on the right side. Same deal w/Baas...they still need to get a stud OG. I'd love to see us still go big-time OL in 1st rd...best OT, then Iupati. Now we're talkin'...and with Coaches Solari & Brown, they'll get the new kids up to speed in relatively short order. It's a win-win for the OL, and for our team to truly move forward, they've got to get it done.

This, I was trying to remember a time during the season where I was like "man im glad pashos is in there."

When he was in, it was as bad as when snyder was in.

I would take any of the top rookie OT's over Pashos any fkn day! Guarantee to the hizzle!
The best part my friend is that this year's elite crop of OT's we will get a solid Tackle at 13! f**k yes! & that OT will be an impact player.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

This, I was trying to remember a time during the season where I was like "man im glad pashos is in there."

When he was in, it was as bad as when snyder was in.

Originally posted by backontop:
Does anyone know if Pashos is under contract next year? If he is and is able to stay healthy could he be the RT we brought him in to be? The sports websites are blocked by the IT Nazis at work. If Pashos can be "the guy" that would just leave the LG and RG positions to fix on the OLine.

Rachal will play RG for the Niners in 10
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Does anyone know if Pashos is under contract next year? If he is and is able to stay healthy could he be the RT we brought him in to be? The sports websites are blocked by the IT Nazis at work. If Pashos can be "the guy" that would just leave the LG and RG positions to fix on the OLine.

Rachal will play RG for the Niners in 10

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone