There are 193 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
pass rush needs to be more consistent

but i like that we shut them down on their first drive, it gets our d fired up
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Our defense gets better as the game goes on.

Actually it got worse.

We MUST blitz Favre or it's going to get ugly fast next week. We can't just rush 4 against the Vikes.

we should blitz favre like crazy hes not exactly mobile but the o line for the vikes is better than the seahawks and the cards
Defense played well, but they did let up at the end.
There was some early heat on Hasselback, but nothing late in the game. There was some sloppy tackling on Forsett, too.

But they shut down the run pretty well and Clements had a good game.
loving the D but are pass rush wasnt as great today
I agree that the pass rush was not great. But the run D and coverage were real good.

DBs were putting hard hits on just about every receiver that was near a ball. And they started playing scared by the end. I actually liked that Clements play where he was called for pass interference. Even though we gave up some yards from the penalty, it still sent a message.

They threw at Nate all day long and he came up big just about every time. And I think they were only throwing at Nate because Spencer's coverage on the other side was so good. That makes me happy.
After the first couple of series it seemed they were playing a bend don't break D most of the game.But give a big Ups to the Secondary especially Clements and a overall good day.

A win is a win is a win
Originally posted by boast:

Good game for the defense, but it could've been great had Manusky mixed in more blitzing. I don't mind the vanilla play calling when it works, and today it worked.

Keep in mind that Wallace was playing QB for the 2nd half of the game. Maybe Manusky was more concerned with containing him than getting after him. ???
Originally posted by Super5:
After the first couple of series it seemed they were playing a bend don't break D most of the game.But give a big Ups to the Secondary especially Clements and a overall good day.

A win is a win is a win

Completely agree! I think we need to pressure Favre early, because he will give us a chance or two for a turnover.

Against the Hawks we held them to:
66 net yards rushing
217 net yards passing
4/14, 28% 3rd down efficiency

Against the Cards we held them to
40 net yards rushing
259 net yards passing
also 4/14 - 28% 3rd down efficiency

will we be able to hold the Vikings to under 100 yards rushing?
i love this defense...pass rush was a bit inconsistent today but other than that...this D is LEGIT
Originally posted by teeohh:
Against the Hawks we held them to:
66 net yards rushing
217 net yards passing
4/14, 28% 3rd down efficiency

Against the Cards we held them to
40 net yards rushing
259 net yards passing
also 4/14 - 28% 3rd down efficiency

will we be able to hold the Vikings to under 100 yards rushing?

Lions held them down to 112. I'd be happy with that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pass-rush and pressure was inconsistent, can't believe the DB's played well with it.

We had one sack, they had 4. And did we have any more pressures save for the very end of the game? Not good at all...we should have T'd off today on both Hasslemyback & Wallace. No excuses.

PS: Our secondary IS our front 7 (again). Need proof? TBC was good with NE before coming here. He sucks with us. He goes back to NE and leads the team in sacks and QB pressures. SCHEME IS KEY! We have legit concerns and these weaknesses WILL be exploited by good teams in the very near future.
love what some seahawks fans are saying bout us

We can kick around, and we will, the problems with our team, but the 9ers are back. They have one of the best coaches in the league, way better than ours. They have a shutdown defense and a running game that wont quit. IF they had a good QB and another killer reciever they would be shooins to win this division.

obiken

There isn't any beating around the bush: the 49ers defense has taken on the persona of their coach. Anyone doesn't see it is in denial. The 49er defense is playing exactly like Singletary played. Hard hitting, hard charging, and looking to hurt you.

by the way the thread was called the " the 9ers are back"
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Sep 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone