There are 171 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the defense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
excellent run game, coverage, and game management. shaun hill needs to learn when to throw the ball away and we really need our pass rush we saw last week
Domination
3 top WR's in the league and min yds! The pressure is constant and i really guess that D we saw in the preseason was actually vanilla.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Just when you think Willis can't get any better, he does
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Domination
3 top WR's in the league and min yds! The pressure is constant and i really guess that D we saw in the preseason was actually vanilla.

You should be sure to define top. By my account they are not. However we did great all around. I'm really starting to love Clements. I can't help, but wonder if Dilfer was not hurt would it have ended the same? Either way Wallace had decent numbers so I think we did great.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Domination

You should be sure to define top. By my account they are not. However we did great all around. I'm really starting to love Clements. I can't help, but wonder if Dilfer was not hurt would it have ended the same? Either way Wallace had decent numbers so I think we did great.

Bold, fitz, and TJ all three of the are top WR's in the league my friend.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Pass-rush and pressure was inconsistent, can't believe the DB's played well with it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pass-rush and pressure was inconsistent, can't believe the DB's played well with it.

Feel the same way. I actually don't think our pass rush was good at all - and there wasn't enough creative blitzes.

Major props to the secondary though, especially Clements who is shutting the haters on here up.

I thought we played pretty soft after the first quarter. They got 2 three and outs and then we didn't seem to have any pass rush. I was hoping the Arizona pass rush wasn't a fluke but should we wonder?
Domination

Difler??? Difler retired dude... u mean Hasselbeck?

Our defense was very good today! but I see no pash rush what so ever... where did that amazing pass rush go from last week?!
Originally posted by 9erism:
Domination

Difler??? Difler retired dude... u mean Hasselbeck?

Our defense was very good today! but I see no pash rush what so ever... where did that amazing pass rush go from last week?!

I drank too much. =( I thought the poster a couple posts up was referring to just today. However, I don't think TJ is a top WR.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Feel the same way. I actually don't think our pass rush was good at all - and there wasn't enough creative blitzes.

Major props to the secondary though, especially Clements who is shutting the haters on here up.

True, Manusky could've did a better job at blitzing, with Seattle playing with a broken O-line.
Our defense gets better as the game goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone