LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everyone has to admit progress is being made. Yes it's in baby steps but given the lack of talent we have on the O I think we're doing good. People cry for going deep but in the past two games Hill has shown he just doesn't have it to throw the deep ball. I really think if the Niners try to open the passing game up like a bunch of people are crying for you'll find our turnover ratio to go through the roof. Play within your means and you'll succeed.

I would much rather have the team improve every week keeping the next opponent thinking then hitting a plateu early and showing our cards for every game.
Playcalling was a lot better than the Arizona game, but that really wasnt saying much. The wildcat on 3rd and 22 was the icing on the cake as far as bad play calls. The draw play to Gore on 3rd down was way too conservative, pretty much just settled for points on that drive.
Oh and I don't ever want to see another shovel pass again.
Where Hawksfan be?
Originally posted by Peanut49:
I haven't felt this good about our club in a long time. However I think we haven't answered our off-season needs. The run blocking looked horrible last week, although much better this week(2 79+ runs is almost luck rather than skill), I still don't see a solid run support either way. We have a bunch of tough nosed defensive lines to face upcoming in this season. So, we won't always have the same success as we had today. Not sure what to make of it, but I feel as though we may not have the passing game needed to win this division(If Dilfer is out a while I think we can go game for game with the Cards though). We need a real deep threat and a QB who can make those passes, which we for sure lack at the moment.

Again this is a great start!

A great start...beating our division opponents, what more can we ask for in the first two games of the season!

One thing that is still of concern: who are our wide receivers?...really?

Would that be VD or Bruce? I mean, Bruce is getting old and God forbid if he gets injured. I don't see anyone else really involved in the offense, other than Gore.
We need to start involving Morgan(?), and who else? don't know what to make of the current situation.
2-0 is pretty good, but that's not the end goal.

If we plan on continuing on this win-streak, sooner or later, Hill needs to have a >250 yds game.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We need Brandon Jone back badly

i think he should be back next week

hahahahahhahahahahahahahdhsflkadsjhf

why may i ask?
Damn I just noticed that on both of Gores long runs the Seahawks had 9 men in the box.
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

hahahahahhahahahahahahahdhsflkadsjhf

why may i ask?

Sarcasm, I like it.

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Damn I just noticed that both of Gores long runs the Seahawks had 9 men in the box.

i hope either two things

1. you are blind

2. you made a sly joke
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Damn I just noticed that both of Gores long runs the Seahawks had 9 men in the box.

i hope either two things

1. you are blind

2. you made a sly joke
Go watch the highlights, 9 men in the box on both runs

Don't make me drive to Cedar Falls...
Pause at :21 and 1:24 and do some counting
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Good game. Gore dominates. Hill manages well. We win.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

My only complaint is to dump that stupid gimmick wildcat offense. The wildcat doesn't work.

All of the above.......
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

My only complaint is to dump that stupid gimmick wildcat offense. The wildcat doesn't work.

All of the above.......

why did they stop going to VD . I thought he did a good job in the 1st Quarter, we should have Making them account for him all Game long !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

All of the above.......

why did they stop going to VD . I thought he did a good job in the 1st Quarter, we should have Making them account for him all Game long !

We really need to keep going to Vernon Davis thru the game not just a couple times.
Share 49ersWebzone