LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the offense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.
I haven't felt this good about our club in a long time. However I think we haven't answered our off-season needs. The run blocking looked horrible last week, although much better this week(2 79+ runs is almost luck rather than skill), I still don't see a solid run support either way. We have a bunch of tough nosed defensive lines to face upcoming in this season. So, we won't always have the same success as we had today. Not sure what to make of it, but I feel as though we may not have the passing game needed to win this division(If Dilfer is out a while I think we can go game for game with the Cards though). We need a real deep threat and a QB who can make those passes, which we for sure lack at the moment.

Again this is a great start!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
We certainly can't rely on multiple 75+ yard runs every week.

But every game is different, and it looks like we are trying to do some more things with the pass, but its just not there.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
No more wildcats
[ Edited by A-R-S on Sep 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
GORE!!!!!!!!!!
I have questions because:

-no one other than Frank Gore has scored a TD (lack of offensive balance)
-our RT still gave up sacks and got beat to force a fumble on Hill

We looked a lot better than last week so it's good to improve, but I'm curious to see if we can create a dominate game plan against a team we aren't so familiar with
Good game. Gore dominates. Hill manages well. We win.
Luck? Did you see those holes?

One complaint here well two. One is the damn wildcat. What the hell are we doing running it? and two is Hill and his accuracy down the field.
Hill is efficient enough to pull off wins. Not the "sexiest" QB with mind blowing stats, but enough to WIN. That's good enough for me. Good job Gore. and our Defense is killin them!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Good game. Gore dominates. Hill manages well. We win.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

My only complaint is to dump that stupid gimmick wildcat offense. The wildcat doesn't work.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
I haven't felt this good about our club in a long time. However I think we haven't answered our off-season needs. The run blocking looked horrible last week, although much better this week(2 79+ runs is almost luck rather than skill), I still don't see a solid run support either way. We have a bunch of tough nosed defensive lines to face upcoming in this season. So, we won't always have the same success as we had today. Not sure what to make of it, but I feel as though we may not have the passing game needed to win this division(If Dilfer is out a while I think we can go game for game with the Cards though). We need a real deep threat and a QB who can make those passes, which we for sure lack at the moment.

Again this is a great start!

Why is this guy spamming the same thought in every topic and even making up his own topic to say the same thing??
Originally posted by Peanut49:
I haven't felt this good about our club in a long time. However I think we haven't answered our off-season needs. The run blocking looked horrible last week, although much better this week(2 79+ runs is almost luck rather than skill), I still don't see a solid run support either way. We have a bunch of tough nosed defensive lines to face upcoming in this season. So, we won't always have the same success as we had today. Not sure what to make of it, but I feel as though we may not have the passing game needed to win this division(If Dilfer is out a while I think we can go game for game with the Cards though). We need a real deep threat and a QB who can make those passes, which we for sure lack at the moment. Again this is a great start!

dilfer? hes retired dude...
im a little worried about our offense the frank gore runs were awesome but those were the only drives we could finish.

We need to finish drives and score TD's.

None of this getting FG's we will lose games in the future bc of that.
I'm happy with everything except....I think we need to develop our passing game more.
Share 49ersWebzone