There are 165 users in the forums

What Adrian Peterson said about Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I can't believe people are still using that stupid "Bam Bam" nickname for Willis. Consider who made it up, then think about if you really want to use it.

Chad Ochocinco? What's so wrong about that? By the way, when is your boy Crabtree going to sign?
Ap is faster and has a better line,besides that frank would run for 2 G's with Minnesota's line.
Originally posted by Dino:
I can't believe people are still using that stupid "Bam Bam" nickname for Willis. Consider who made it up, then think about if you really want to use it.

Chad Ochocinco? What's so wrong about that? By the way, when is your boy Crabtree going to sign?

its a horrible nickname. incredibly dumb and boring. nicknames happen over time. notice "megatron" is fading away from Calvin Johnson. because it was forced. if a player doesnt have a nickname, he doesnt have one.

everyone seems to think all players must have a nickname. insert first letter of first name, dash, then a part of their last name, ie "M-Rob". its so bad....
Originally posted by Niners99:

its a horrible nickname. incredibly dumb and boring. nicknames happen over time. notice "megatron" is fading away from Calvin Johnson. because it was forced. if a player doesnt have a nickname, he doesnt have one.

everyone seems to think all players must have a nickname. insert first letter of first name, dash, then a part of their last name, ie "M-Rob". its so bad....

Tell 'em like it is, 99dawg

Now see...are they nicknames or just abbreviated forms of their names that are quicker and easier to type than their full real names since their full real name is made up of 2 very common names and can easily be mistaken as a different player if not said together, thus requiring one to write their entire full name for others to truly know the specific player be references towards.
Originally posted by GameOver:

Now see...are they nicknames or just abbreviated forms of their names that are quicker and easier to type than their full real names since their full real name is made up of 2 very common names and can easily be mistaken as a different player if not said together, thus requiring one to write their entire full name for others to truly know the specific player be references towards.

If you dont like nicknames, you dont like football.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Obviously Mr.Peterson hasn't been watching football for about a season and a half.

He has a lot of respect for how Frank runs and for all he's overcome with injuries. Peterson said Gore is one of the top backs in the league.

Peterson is THE top back in the league.

by far

and it's not even close.

Oh so thats what by far means...
I'm wouldn't trade Gore for any back including AP. Gore keeps his mouth shut, lowers his head and runs motherf**kers over.

He is a great leader, and STILL an elite back in this league. Let's get this passing game going a little and he will have even bigger numbers. The dude rushes for a 1,000 yards every season eventhough every week the opposing team gameplans to stop him.

Gore is the Man

Wholeheartedly agree my friend. Everyone on here feels the need to label every player, talented or not, with a nickname. Most of them are just god awful and corny. Reminds of stuff we'd discuss on a 4th grade playground. I appreciate a true nickname but those develop over time and are usually relevant and clever ie: The Bus, Joe Cool, Mean Joe Greene, Reverend Ike, etc.
no one runs like how Peterson runs in the league now.... Peterson is just fast, quick off the line and just a bruiser when he gets to the DB. he just punishes corners and safeties

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
no one runs like how Peterson runs in the league now.... Peterson is just fast, quick off the line and just a bruiser when he gets to the DB. he just punishes corners and safeties

It also doesn't hurt having Bryant Mckinnie and Steven Hutchinson to run behind.
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

It also doesn't hurt having Bryant Mckinnie and Steven Hutchinson to run behind.

we have Staley and Snyder
Share 49ersWebzone