There are 242 users in the forums

What Adrian Peterson said about Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Heard Peterson on the Dan Patrick Show today. Patrick asked him which running back he most enjoys watching. He said LT & Gore are his favorites. Said he really respects Frank.
no surprise every player in the NFL has to respect Gore. Why wouldn't they?
Obviously Mr.Peterson hasn't been watching football for about a season and a half.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Obviously Mr.Peterson hasn't been watching football for about a season and a half.

He has a lot of respect for how Frank runs and for all he's overcome with injuries. Peterson said Gore is one of the top backs in the league.

He has a lot of respect for how Frank runs and for all he's overcome with injuries. Peterson said Gore is one of the top backs in the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

Peterson is THE top back in the league.
Originally posted by susweel:

by far
Bring in Minnesotas Oline to SF and Gore will be a top 3 back again (numbers wise).. skill wise, i still think Gore is a top 3
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Bring in Minnesotas Oline to SF and Gore will be a top 3 back again (numbers wise).. skill wise, i still think Gore is a top 3

Doubt it. Peterson breaks tackle after tackle practically every game, Gore does it ONCE in awhile, and I'm talking about taking it to the house.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM ]

by far

How is that a knock on Gore? If the top back in the league says Frank is one of the top backs, then that's props.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

by far

How is that a knock on Gore? If the top back in the league says Frank is one of the top backs, then that's props.

Nobody says its knock, I was just pointing that out. Its good that Gore is recognized but he is not what he was in 2006.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Doubt it. Peterson breaks tackle after tackle practically every game, Gore does it ONCE in awhile, and I'm talking about taking it to the house.

06 , Gore had so many yards after 1st hit. Thanks to a large part of that solid Oline in Larry Allen, Jonas Jennings, and even Kwame Harris was a solid run blocking T. The last few seasons, Gore runs into a wall, and last game was horendous. If it wasnt Baas on the floor, it was Heitman getting his ass kicked, if it wasnt those 2, it was Snyder getting blown up
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Then look up the stats for RB's for the last 4yrs and Frank is #3 or #4

As for Gore "breaking tackles ONCE in awhile" is just plain ignorance,except for the last game he breaks tackle alot-even in Madden

What makes Peterson better than Frank(not by much)is his break away speed which Frank lacks and a better OL as the above post mentioned.Furthermore Frank has defeated 8-9 in the box before-I'm not sure if AP has or not because I haven't seen his games in full.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

by far

Nobody says its knock, I was just pointing that out. Its good that Gore is recognized but he is not what he was in 2006.

That's easy-right now he doesn't have a couple of maulers(LA/JJ)leading the way for him.
Share 49ersWebzone