Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Adrian Peterson said about Gore

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Bring in Minnesotas Oline to SF and Gore will be a top 3 back again (numbers wise).. skill wise, i still think Gore is a top 3

Doubt it. Peterson breaks tackle after tackle practically every game, Gore does it ONCE in awhile, and I'm talking about taking it to the house.

Then look up the stats for RB's for the last 4yrs and Frank is #3 or #4

As for Gore "breaking tackles ONCE in awhile" is just plain ignorance,except for the last game he breaks tackle alot-even in Madden

What makes Peterson better than Frank(not by much)is his break away speed which Frank lacks and a better OL as the above post mentioned.Furthermore Frank has defeated 8-9 in the box before-I'm not sure if AP has or not because I haven't seen his games in full.

You don't have to watch a full game, maybe two plays. Favre's told not to check out the run even if there's 8 or 9 in the box. His huge run against the Browns was 9 in the box. Gore is top 5 imo but AP IS better by far. (then anyone)
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Obviously Mr.Peterson hasn't been watching football for about a season and a half.

hater
Obviously Mr.Peterson hasn't been watching football for about a season and a half.

Watchu doin coming here rain' on our parade? SyberHaterade! U already kno dat Gore be da best n not dat stoopid Peterson.
I wonder what Peterson says about Patrick Willis? I'm sure he want's to forget about that.
Peterson has a better line then Gore and knows it. Gore runs against 8 in the box something most RBs dont face anymore. There are no other weapons on the 49ers offense. Thats why Gore is one of the most respected players in the league.
and i have plenty of respect for my.peterson. i've always wanted him since he played for oklahoma, seemed like an absolute beast..
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

He has a lot of respect for how Frank runs and for all he's overcome with injuries. Peterson said Gore is one of the top backs in the league.

Peterson is THE top back in the league.

by far

How is that a knock on Gore? If the top back in the league says Frank is one of the top backs, then that's props.

i know.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

hater

Okay, look...Gore last season had 1,023 yards on 240 carries.

Dude, that's 4.3 yards a carry. The year before he had 4.2. He had 260 carries...

Last year, the last 4 games, gore had 420 yards...that's 105 yards/per game the last 4 games, and he killed seattle w/ 37 carries for 155 yds and 12 catches for 100 yards.

I dont know what game you guys are watching, but his ability is clearly still there. The deal is that he doesnt get the carries. Most backs are averaging over 350 carries. Portis, Peterson, and turner all had over 100 more carries than gore and neither of them averaged that much more per carry. Peterson was 4.8, turner 4.5, and portis the same as Gore.

Gore is still an elite back, probably one of the best, but because our offensive line cant get a push and because he doens't get as many carries, people think that he's declining. In all actuality it couldn't be further from the truth...

by the way, all those stats are accurate. I looked them up on ESPN's nfl page to be sure. Check it out, bro...Our Gore is still the man. We just need to give him the chance.

Also, i'm not really lashing out at you as I am you along with the many that think that gore is not an elite back.

This week will be different.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

He has a lot of respect for how Frank runs and for all he's overcome with injuries. Peterson said Gore is one of the top backs in the league.

Peterson is THE top back in the league.
Bring in Minnesotas Oline to SF and Gore will be a top 3 back again (numbers wise).. skill wise, i still think Gore is a top 3

Doubt it. Peterson breaks tackle after tackle practically every game, Gore does it ONCE in awhile, and I'm talking about taking it to the house.

As for Gore "breaking tackles ONCE in awhile" is just plain ignorance,except for the last game he breaks tackle alot-even in Madden

What makes Peterson better than Frank(not by much)is his break away speed which Frank lacks and a better OL as the above post mentioned.Furthermore Frank has defeated 8-9 in the box before-I'm not sure if AP has or not because I haven't seen his games in full.

ZACTLY Though it was his Rookie year. Peterson got manhandled by Bam Bam.

I can't remember a game where Frank got held to as little yardage by one guy.

I will say that AP is at the top right now, but we'll see how he fares against Patrick "Bam Bam" Willis this season. Cause I'm looking forward to that game. My fantasy opponent that week has AP in his lineup.

~Ceadder
  • flow
  • Veteran
Damn, I was hoping he gave us bulletin board material for week 3.

(Oh well, Willis will still destroy him. )
[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Sep 18, 2009 at 7:02 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Peterson has a better line then Gore and knows it. Gore runs against 8 in the box something most RBs dont face anymore. There are no other weapons on the 49ers offense. Thats why Gore is one of the most respected players in the league.

So you think Peterson doesn't have to deal with 8/9 in the box? Where's his studly receivers? Regardless, Peterson has a much better O-line than the 49ers but did you see the open field running and tackles that he broke? I love Frank and feel he's a top 5 RB but you gotta respect AD for being #1.

I think AD know's he's going up against Frank in 2 weeks and trying to soften him up.
Originally posted by KID9R:

You don't have to watch a full game, maybe two plays. Favre's told not to check out the run even if there's 8 or 9 in the box. His huge run against the Browns was 9 in the box. Gore is top 5 imo but AP IS better by far. (then anyone)

Wonder how long Favre sticks to that, before doing something stupid and he starts to throw ints?
just wanted to say AP is runing behind the same line s.Alexander had in seattle when he broke records and he sucked so that said gore would have the same kinda yards and TDs imo
1 bad game by Gore doesnt make him a has been, Over the last 2-3 yrs the only RB with more yards than Gore is LT of the Chargers. Hard for Gore to have even a ok day running the ball when he is being met in the back field soon as he is handed the ball.