There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Has Frank Gore ever spiked the ball after a TD?

Yeah, not the best thread in the world, but I'm watching the replay of the game right now and I noticed Frank just puts his hands up after his 2nd TD and then celebrates with his teammates. Then I got to thinking that I always remember him celebrating with the fellas, but I can't recall seeing spiking the ball, or even getting a little extravagant.

Anybody?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Sep 16, 2009 at 11:41 PM ]
not that i can recall. I think he gave it to staley or some other lineman who spiked it but not Gore himself.
I think I remember him in an interview talking about how he follows the Barry Sanders and LT suit by not spiking the ball. Could be wrong...
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I think I remember him in an interview talking about how he follows the Barry Sanders and LT suit by not spiking the ball. Could be wrong...

Ooo, he did do the LT ball flick that one time against the rams, IIRC. After the game he said it was in honor of his favorite player, LT.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't ever remember Frank Gore spiking the ball. He may have given the ball to Joe Staley and had him spike it though. Does that count?
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM ]
He lets it be known when he scores an easy TD, but I don't recall him ever spiking the ball after scoring a TD
He doesent do too much when he scores.he has too much class.but he'll have plenty of chances this season. I really believe this will be his best year by far. Hopefully he gets in the end zone three times this Sunday.

The inconvient truth rules!
The word your looking for is CLASS..... and thats what Frank has, Classy young man.......im very impressed with the player he has developed into.
not sure. his mcfarlane toy shows him spiking the ball
I don't remember him spiking the ball at any time. Classy guy.
Originally posted by B650:
I don't ever remember Frank Gore spiking the ball. He may have given the ball to Joe Staley and had him spike it though. Does that count?

It was Shaun Hill who gave the ball to Staley to spike it.

It was against the Bengals in 2007. Here's the video:
Staley Spike
Frank rolls Walter Payton Style, Just give the ball to the ref and go back to the sidelines for a breather .....classy guy
Yes he has . . . . wait . . .

With all of those yards Gore has only scored 23 TD's, so I wouldn't blame him for spiking it when he does get there.

The most he ever scored in a season was 8 td's., I believe LT, Alexander, and Priest Holmes scored more TD's in a single season than Gore has his whole carreer!

Crazy when you think about it, huh?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
With all of those yards Gore has only scored 23 TD's, so I wouldn't blame him for spiking it when he does get there.

The most he ever scored in a season was 8 td's., I believe LT, Alexander, and Priest Holmes scored more TD's in a single season than Gore has his whole carreer!

Crazy when you think about it, huh?

He only has 23 TD's because he fumbles a lot by the goal line. I get kinda scared when we are in the redzone and we hand off to Gore. He almost fumbled the Arizona game away.