LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

We could easily start of the season 3-1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Overkill:
We could also easily go 1-3 if the OL doesn't play better.

We've been rotating Pashos into these week's practices, so either it lights a fire under Snyder's ass and he gets better or we start seeing more of Pashos. I think we'll be improved...Singletary wouldn't stand for how the line performed last week.
Originally posted by 714NinerRep:
The only reason I can agree, to a certain degree, with this 3-1 start and us maybe losing to Minnesota is because that game is their home opener. Those MIN fans don't have anything to cheer for the entire season and now with Favre at QB they believe they actually have a chance and they'll be rocking that metrodome. I believe we can go in there and win, I really do, and not only win but stop A. Peterson but I'm expecting Favre to pull out throws out of his a s s like the one he threw in MIA last season and momentum plays going their way.

I know our team went into AZ and handled business so there's no reason why they cannot do that in MIN.

GO NINERS!!!

PHUCK M. CRABTREE!!!!

Yeah but Brett Farve sucks playing indoors

Originally posted by Daniel2778:
The only team i see us losing to is the vikings. personally, i never thought we could start the season with a 3-1 record, at best i thought we would be 2-2. If we start the season 3-1, do we make the playoffs?

I think we can beat farve we did it last season.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
The only team i see us losing to is the vikings. personally, i never thought we could start the season with a 3-1 record, at best i thought we would be 2-2. If we start the season 3-1, do we make the playoffs?

I think we can beat farve we did it last season.

I think it will be harder to beat Favre with the threat of a running game from AP. I think we should focus on stopping the run first. We need to run-stopping blitz schemes that will simultaneously put pressure on Favre. I predict that we will be able to contain AP for the 1st half. It will be up to our offense to put up enough points to force the Vikings to pass. It's not likely, but if we put up 14 or 21 points in the 1st half, it will help neutralize the threat of AP for the rest of the game.

As for AP, our safeties are going to have to come up big time if he gets past our LB's. So Michael Lewis and Dashon Goldson are going to have their work cut out for them. How we stopped AP last year was by getting into their backfield on a regular basis, stopping him before he could even get going. They may try and get the ball to him on screen and swing passes so that he has more open field. If we let them dink us to death with screens like Arizona did with Hightower, we're going to get torn up even worse. Someone should be sniffing out AP on every single play. I'd imagine that would be Willis, and he did a good job last year. So this will be AP versus P52 Round Two.
Hell yea we can take them. Why not? We successfully contained Peterson last year, and Favre doesn't exactly scare anyone anymore. The real test I think will be how our Offense does against their Defense. They have two monsters inside (The Williams's), very good backers, and two outstanding corners.

So when I think about it, Peterson is the least of my worries heading into this game.

...but as the others have said, let's not get ahead of our selves.

One game at a time...
Originally posted by baltien:
Hell yea we can take them. Why not? We successfully contained Peterson last year, and Favre doesn't exactly scare anyone anymore. The real test I think will be how our Offense does against their Defense. They have two monsters inside (The Williams's), very good backers, and two outstanding corners.

So when I think about it, Peterson is the least of my worries heading into this game.

...but as the others have said, let's not get ahead of our selves.

One game at a time...

I agree. I think the biggest test with Minnesota will be our offense vs. their defense. I hope the plan isn't to run the ball into oblivion against Minnesota. I don't see our O-line getting much push against that D-Line. This game might more fall on the shoulders of Hill, Morgan, Bruce, Davis, etc than it will Gore and the running game.

As for Peterson, I believe he had the worse game of his career against the Niners two years ago when he ran into the NFL defensive rookie of the year. We have an even better linebacking core now, the defensive line is much improved, and I don't see Favre having much success against our D.

Regardless of how good we look good on paper, none of these games look to be easy this year.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I'd be happy with 2-0 come Sunday, but Im hoping for 4-0 we own brett Fart! We are going to serve him Bret Fart some Geriatric Abuse! as for Peterson Willis will be ready for that challenge!

we own brett farve? are you kidding me, he has killed us over the years, except the last game we played against him

Last one wins is all that matters! keep living in the past by your self!I just enjoy the good memories.
1-8 is not owning. And if you don't want to live in a past, you can't bring up the 1 win, either. Cause it's also in the past.

So this is thread-worthy because we could easily start 3-1, as opposed to the 2-2 that you thought was more attainable?

Yeah that one win surely is groundbreaking
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is the ultimate jinx thread.

GO 9ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Slow your role buddy. 1 game at a time.

Exactly. We can lose to, or beat anybody, any given Sunday. This Sunday isn't a lock by no means.
I care a little about how we start but really only care about how we finish.
more and more its becoming a reality after the game today :)
i was optimistic about the first two games....however i don't see how we're gonna win next week if Shaun Hill doesn't get around 250-300 yds. passing.
Share 49ersWebzone