There are 715 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We could easily start of the season 3-1

If we're 3-2 at the bye it's encouraging but doesn't indicate playoffs. If we're 4-1 at the bye, I'd say yes. It's too early even at the bye week. Late November is when you can tell.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
With the offense I witnessed, we could also just as easily go 1-3.

I think we are the only ones who noticed the offense netted like barely 200 yards?
Any decent offense would have burned the Tards for that 8 men in box crap, we didn't.
I am still glad this team is 1-0, but there is a lot of work to be done.
  • 714NinerRep
  • Info N/A
The only reason I can agree, to a certain degree, with this 3-1 start and us maybe losing to Minnesota is because that game is their home opener. Those MIN fans don't have anything to cheer for the entire season and now with Favre at QB they believe they actually have a chance and they'll be rocking that metrodome. I believe we can go in there and win, I really do, and not only win but stop A. Peterson but I'm expecting Favre to pull out throws out of his a s s like the one he threw in MIA last season and momentum plays going their way.

I know our team went into AZ and handled business so there's no reason why they cannot do that in MIN.

GO NINERS!!!

PHUCK M. CRABTREE!!!!
Just because we stopped him once does NOT mean we'll do the exact same thing. I fully expect Peterson to have a great game against us.
I love the positive outlook.....There is just one thing, you are talking about our Niners and you are using the word easily (3-1). I think it can and just might happen but I just found it a tad funny to say easily.
We will beat Seattle. Period.
I love the positive outlook.....There is just one thing, you are talking about our Niners and you are using the word easily (3-1). I think it can and just might happen but I just found it a tad funny to say easily.
We will beat Seattle. Period.
I have a question for you, 5TIME49 - do you have a positive outlook?

Also, will be beat Seattle?
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Just worry about the Seahawks game for now. Home division games are a must if you want to even dream about winning the division. So if we beat the seahawks at home then we can talk Vikings.

Until then it was one good game for the defense and a huge division win. Thats all.

Go Niners!!!

This is true. Seahawks beat Rams 28-0. Theyre no joke. Not easy to do in the NFL.

I've been saying this before the season started. The Seahawks are the threat this year in our division. A healthy Seahawks can be a serious threat.. Hasselback is back. If we beat them and go on to shut down Peterson week three we will be positioned for a strong push for our long awaited playoff game.
Originally posted by Nabisko:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Just worry about the Seahawks game for now. Home division games are a must if you want to even dream about winning the division. So if we beat the seahawks at home then we can talk Vikings.

Until then it was one good game for the defense and a huge division win. Thats all.

Go Niners!!!

This is true. Seahawks beat Rams 28-0. Theyre no joke. Not easy to do in the NFL.

I've been saying this before the season started. The Seahawks are the threat this year in our division. A healthy Seahawks can be a serious threat.. Hasselback is back. If we beat them and go on to shut down Peterson week three we will be positioned for a strong push for our long awaited playoff game.

I just creamed thinking about this.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
The only team i see us losing to is the vikings. personally, i never thought we could start the season with a 3-1 record, at best i thought we would be 2-2. If we start the season 3-1, do we make the playoffs?

Mr. Miyagi say, Daniel son, we play game one at a time...
One game at time... if we proved anything last Sunday, is that our D is hardcore, but there is nothing easy in this league. I respect the optimism, and i will go as far as saying that we are leveling the playing field for a change, but I won't look past Sunday.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The only team i see us losing to is the vikings. personally, i never thought we could start the season with a 3-1 record, at best i thought we would be 2-2. If we start the season 3-1, do we make the playoffs?

Mr. Miyagi say, Daniel son, we play game one at a time...

lol
Originally posted by titan:
I'd be happy with 2-0 come Sunday, but Im hoping for 4-0 we own brett Fart! We are going to serve him Bret Fart some Geriatric Abuse! as for Peterson Willis will be ready for that challenge!

we own brett farve? are you kidding me, he has killed us over the years, except the last game we played against him
Originally posted by titan:
I'd be happy with 2-0 come Sunday, but Im hoping for 4-0 we own brett Fart! We are going to serve him Bret Fart some Geriatric Abuse! as for Peterson Willis will be ready for that challenge!

we own brett farve? are you kidding me, he has killed us over the years, except the last game we played against him

Exactly... remember the Green Bay games???
We could also easily go 1-3 if the OL doesn't play better.