There are 137 users in the forums

We could easily start of the season 3-1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think we beat Seattle at home.
We put Nate on Burleson, and keep a pass rush going, and we could disrupt their offense, especially since their OT and C are hurting. The Seahawks defense doesn't worry me, especially since they lost their DT, Peterson, Leroy Hill (injured), and Tatupu (might be hurt)...

The Vikings are definitely beatable. Favre's stats are no better than Hill's for the first game... Run D is our strength, as I feel that Stephen Jackson is a more powerful runner, and we shut him down twice a year. Rams are unquestionably a win... 3-1 possible...
I'm more worried about the Seahawks than the Vikes. We've shut down AP before so the team has some confidence going into that game.

The Hawks could be the best team in our division and they're playing with a chip on their shoulder. With all the injuries they had last season, this is a very different team now that they're healthy.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Seattle might be improved, but Minnesota is considered a Super Bowl contender. That game is going to be a bigger test for us than the Seattle game.
Originally posted by B650:
Seattle might be improved, but Minnesota is considered a Super Bowl contender. That game is going to be a bigger test for us than the Seattle game.

I agree, seattles Oline is weak, hasselbeck is a feathers touch away from another injury, all their receivers are slow.

Before I saw how our defense came out against the cards, I had us going 2-2. Now, I feel 3-1 is possible. But 1-3 is just as likely if our O is as s**tty as it was in the first game.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Why can't we beat the Vikings. We've shut down Brett last year and we know Willis will shut down Peterson.

yup yup...Willis kept Peterson under 100 yd when they play against each other....beside any given sunday we can win.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
I have not been a big fan of Coach Sing so far, but I have to admit that we put on an impressive defensive display on Sunday....BUT I think Seattle will be a much bigger test. If we win against Seattle then I will start to have some faith in the man and his coaching ability....

GO NINERs

Please Coach Sing prove me wrong.
Originally posted by susweel:
Slow your role buddy. 1 game at a time.

this
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Originally posted by susweel:
Slow your role buddy. 1 game at a time.

this

Originally posted by global_nomad:

This is the stupidest marketing campaign, because it ITSELF is just telling, not showing. If you're going to show us, then don't spend marketing dollars so gullible fans think our team is decent enough to deserve financial support.

Originally posted by T83RR:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

This is the stupidest marketing campaign, because it ITSELF is just telling, not showing. If you're going to show us, then don't spend marketing dollars so gullible fans think our team is decent enough to deserve financial support.

marketing major are we?

btw the niners didn't make that pic, i made it myself on photoshop.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 15, 2009 at 20:37:55 ]
Why can't we beat the Vikings. We've shut down Brett last year and we know Willis will shut down Peterson.

Many people on the Zone had us getting destroyed by the Tards, and look what happened. We can take the Vikes.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if the vikes didn't have favre, I'd say our chances were pretty good.

Didn't you also say the Tards would smash us? Any given Sunday, Syber.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Many people on the Zone had us getting destroyed by the Tards, and look what happened. We can take the Vikes.

I think its the Vikes home opener though. Their fans are going to bring the energy after they open at home being 2-0. The Vikings are rolling on all cylinders though and the Tards haven't been all preseason or Sunday. Its going to take the o-line playing amazing for us to win.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

we can easily shut down favre. He doesn't play well in domes. We can stress him. Get him moving.

Peterson is a beast though. He can damage us with one hand ties behind his back.

Can we score at will and control the clock?
Share 49ersWebzone