There are 280 users in the forums

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

this

it sucks morgan couldn't catch that td in the endzone

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.

you're both right. Morgan had a chance at it, it was a great throw, and the coverage was great. To be elite, the WR has gotta catch that ball, but its a tough catch, no question.

No doubt he had a chance to bring it in. I'm just sayin'.
  • Mex49
Apparently our coaching staff believes. Really disappointed in our play calling
Originally posted by teeohh:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

this

it sucks morgan couldn't catch that td in the endzone

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.

you're both right. Morgan had a chance at it, it was a great throw, and the coverage was great. To be elite, the WR has gotta catch that ball, but its a tough catch, no question.

No doubt he had a chance to bring it in. I'm just sayin'.

well maybe ol' noodle arm hill should have thrown it better!

oh, sorry, this thread was too civil. I thought I had to start a fight to make it a real Niner Talk thread.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
What concerned me was that he seemed a little inaccurate. He overthrew receivers a few times.

Honestly, the guy does not have a truly great arm. But he's got a good head and some serious heart. Ok, that sounds cheesy. But it's still true.

True, but I think that had a lot to do with being rushed and not being able to step up in the pocket. The right-side of the O-line broke down fast and if you noticed, a few of Hill's deep attempts to the right-side of the field he was staring right at a pass rush.
I dvr'd the game and watched alot of it on the PC. Going to watch it now again.
As far as NFL throwing power is concerned, Hill lacks the ability to zip the ball deep into coverage most of the time. However, he mostly makes good decisions and gets the ball to receivers. You can have a strong arm but lack the awareness to make plays consistently. (a.smith) I'm happy with Hill.
lol

yes I do still think that

and anyone who voted "no" has 0 reason or proof of any kind to say he does not have a weak arm

a long floating completion does not = strong arm
He does have a weak arm. It's so obvious. There's just know oomph in any of his passes. I remember seeing a couple fall short of the receiver. Short passes too.
he is capable of getting the ball where it needs to be, whether its down the field or anywhere else

the ball will just get there very slowly or not at all since the defender has longer to get in position to make a play on it

[ Edited by RonMexico on Sep 13, 2009 at 23:24:54 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
absolutely

Is this poll serious? Hell yeah he has a weak arm. Probably the weakest out of all starting QBs. I can't think of anyone whose arm is weaker, Pennington is close. He has a lot of intangilbles that make him somewhat succesful, but yeah his arm is weak as hell. No zip at all in his passes. They are all floaters.
have him, Alex Smith and Nate Davis have a football throwing competition then we'll have our answer!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
He has to work on his vision a little more because he had some guys open and missed them. For example: the ridiculous route Morgan ran to get open.
Originally posted by B650:
He has to work on his vision a little more because he had some guys open and missed them. For example: the ridiculous route Morgan ran to get open.

Not only that, but when things broke down around him, he did not handle it well at all. I will say that he seemed a little stronger mentally late in the game. But that deer in the headlights thing scares me more than his arm strength.
yes he still has a weak arm.. dont get me wrong i love the guy.. just becuase he completed 1 deep pass doesnt make him a deep threat..
Share 49ersWebzone