LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Still think hill arm is weak ?

he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

this

it sucks morgan couldn't catch that td in the endzone
what do you think?

someone lock this up please, it's just going to start another argument...
he had some wobbly throws we can't deny that... BUT he did throw a couple of nice balls deep -- the one to isaac was nice but can he do it consistently?

i think hill is better at dink and dunk passes for under 15 yards. if this is what we need to win games let's keep hill using his strengths
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd say limited but not as weak. It's not the down field passes, that's a concern, its the deep outs, ins and deep comeback routes that Hill has a hard time with.
I think he stares down the receiver too much! Scary to look at!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by King49er:
what do you think?

someone lock this up please, it's just going to start another argument...

No I think its a legitimate argument, as long as it doesn't turns into a Hill vs. Smith argument I'll keep it open.
yes. nothing's changed in my mind. he STILL has a weinie arm
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
yes. nothing's changed in my mind. he STILL has a weinie arm

cosign

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd say limited but not as weak. It's not the down field passes, that's a concern, its the deep outs, ins and deep comeback routes that Hill has a hard time with.

this is a great point. those are the passes that you see guys like Manning zipping all over the field That's not Shaun's game. He can throw a decent go route with some air under it, its not terribly accurate but it gets there.
I dont think he has a weak arm....i just dont think his arm is something defenses fear. That 50 yarder was the longest of his career. Also, he had all the time in the world to step up into the pocket and make that throw to a WIDE OPEN Isaac Bruce. It was a great great throw with the perfect touch. If Hill can do that once or twice per game...we are money.
Originally posted by teeohh:

this

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:

this

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.

you're both right. Morgan had a chance at it, it was a great throw, and the coverage was great. To be elite, the WR has gotta catch that ball, but its a tough catch, no question.
What concerned me was that he seemed a little inaccurate. He overthrew receivers a few times.

Honestly, the guy does not have a truly great arm. But he's got a good head and some serious heart. Ok, that sounds cheesy. But it's still true.
Share 49ersWebzone