LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 215 users in the forums

No Haralson thread? Really?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Better than Manny Lawson. Straight up. I really like him

Haralson is a better pass rusher for sure. Lawson is a better all around LB though.

Both have done a fine job of making the transition from college DE to NFL OLB, I knew Parys was gonna be good, I was psyched when we actually got him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I want to be like Parys Haralson when I grow up.
i know its a bold statement but i think he gets 12-15 sacks and if justin smith can get 6 or 7 we will be a top 5 defence
Now if we can get another pass rusher opposite Haralson we'll be good to go.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Now if we can get another pass rusher opposite Haralson we'll be good to go.

Indeed
Hope he continues to bring the Pain!
Keys to Haralson getting double-digit sacks this season...first is the DL...which played well, especially the combination of Balmer, Ray Mac, and Justin Smith. I didn't see the game (am in Italy) but my son did and confirmed that Parys played an outstanding game, but was really helped by the DL's consistent push, particularly from those three. Manny was also exerting pressure and/or tying up blockers so others could pursue Warner. Lastly, our DB's played 'Zona's receivers about as well as you can...by being physical and giving our front line a chance to pressure Warner.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Warner held on to the ball far too long in that game. A lot of our sacks were coverage sacks. Hasselbeck gets rid of the ball much quicker, so I'm curious to see how our defense plays against Seattle and if we can repeat the same performance.
Originally posted by B650:
Warner held on to the ball far too long in that game. A lot of our sacks were coverage sacks. Hasselbeck gets rid of the ball much quicker, so I'm curious to see how our defense plays against Seattle and if we can repeat the same performance.

I'm sure Warner didn't want to hold on to the ball too long, and Im sure Hasslebeck wont want to either, but they will and boom goes the dynamite, i mean he will get sacked just the same. The X-factor in the seattle game is gonna be Carlson, and I'm hoping the put Manny on him all day like we did with Peterson to Gonzo. Then maybe NT will realize Manny is a very capable PRO and just cause he doesnt get sacks doesnt mean he doesnt have value.
There have been a number of people on this board, over the years Haralson has been here, that have stated time and again that he would never be a legit sack leader for this team. This is the perfect example as to why players NEED TIME TO DEVELOP!!! It is asinine to believe that if players don't come in their first or second season and wreak havoc, then they bust be busts and the team needs to replace the player. NO! Most players take between 2-4 years to develop into playmakers. Patience is not something people have much of now-a-days but it truly is why many teams are good and others not so good. Haralson will probably end the year at 10-12 sacks...which would be AWESOME! He actually could be the next Terrell Suggs.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
We held a pretty potent passing attack in check today in their house, and I think a lot of it was due to the pressure that Haralson consistently got on the outside. (with an assist from Justin Smith). He got to the edge whenever he wanted to, and I think he was a big reason that they checked down so much.

It seems like it's been 20 years since we had a damn pass rush, and there was no reason to think that this season would be any different. But if he can continue to play like that, he's gonna start attracting more attention and things will open up for other guys. The one thing our defense was lacking was much of a pass rush, but if we can consistently do what we did today, we are going to be in almost every game.

Props to Haralson.

He played like he was possessed by the devil. Levi Brown will have nightmares about him for the rest of his life.

What's even better is that he played well enough for SEA to notice him on film and possibly put some extra help on his side, which should open things up more for Justin Smith or another blitzer.

Unfortunately, that other blitzer will be Manny Lawson. If they bring in some help, that's one less receiver on the field. Arizona's most effective weapon was Hightower sliding out of the backfield. Hopefully, Haralson's pressure will force Seattle to leave their RB in the backfield to help with protection.
Haralson has cemented his role as pass rusher for us, now we need Manny to be a pass rushing threat along with Ahmad Brooks
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
ughh he better get an increased madden rating!

Right

He D Man !
Originally posted by B650:

Much of it has to do with our CB just having good coverage Boldin & Fitz, our CB's played wonderful too.
Share 49ersWebzone