LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I say cut Jason to make room for Sheets on the active roster this next week. We need to have another RB up and ready more then we need a WR that's buried on the depth chart...

Disagree, release Mark Roman and bring up Sheets.

Cut Roman activate Sheets, deactivate Spurlock and activate Hill.
I say cut Jason to make room for Sheets on the active roster this next week. We need to have another RB up and ready more then we need a WR that's buried on the depth chart...

Mark had his faults yesterday; but, at least he made it onto the field to screw up.
Remember last year when Hill and f**king ZEIGLER looked like studs??
Originally posted by jreff22:

Ok, maybe this is one we can all agree with...

Cut Rossum, Activate Sheets. Have Spurlock return kicks and leave Hill where he is...

Cut Rossum, Activate Sheets. Have Spurlock return kicks and leave Hill where he is...

I would let Sheets get a shot at returns, Spurlock is kept for the tazer which should be trashed. Hill has proven to be a decent WR, nothing less then Spurlock at this point. Its time for a lil change and Hill should get a shot at the field.

i wish

can't reggie smith back up at fs? why do we keep roman
Originally posted by teeohh:

i wish

can't reggie smith back up at fs? why do we keep roman

Smith should of been the one covering Lewis at the end, Roman is always giving up something big.

I would let Sheets get a shot at returns, Spurlock is kept for the tazer which should be trashed. Hill has proven to be a decent WR, nothing less then Spurlock at this point. Its time for a lil change and Hill should get a shot at the field.

IMO he should have to earn it though. Jason is a 1 trick pony, and his trick isn't good enough to be either the #1 or #2 and his competition (our #3 and #4 guys) are multi threat type of players.

Both Battle and Spurlock can run the Taser, return Kicks, and play WR as well as contribute on ST. Jason does what? Plays WR, probably #4 or 5 talent wise. He needs to do more if he wants to get on the field this year, especially with Jones coming back from injury...

IMO he should have to earn it though. Jason is a 1 trick pony, and his trick isn't good enough to be either the #1 or #2 and his competition (our #3 and #4 guys) are multi threat type of players.

Both Battle and Spurlock can run the Taser, return Kicks, and play WR as well as contribute on ST. Jason does what? Plays WR, probably #4 or 5 talent wise. He needs to do more if he wants to get on the field this year, especially with Jones coming back from injury...

Hill returned kicks in college if my memory serves right. Spurlock hasn't done anything yet worth a spot over Hill. Battle has made a few catches but nothing spectacular either. Morgan and Bruce have been the only WR's to make an impact so far. I see no problem letting Hill get a chance and see what he can do with it. At this point it couldn't hurt!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Much better. But still, cut Roman and give Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor or Jason Hill more playing time.

I still don't understand why we never use this guy. I remember he made some pretty big plays towards the tail end of last season.

Hill returned kicks in college if my memory serves right. Spurlock hasn't done anything yet worth a spot over Hill. Battle has made a few catches but nothing spectacular either. Morgan and Bruce have been the only WR's to make an impact so far. I see no problem letting Hill get a chance and see what he can do with it. At this point it couldn't hurt!!

Actually Hill returned A kick, as in 1, in college. Spurlock is the backup KR and PR on our team and that's why he suits up on game day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Actually Hill returned A kick, as in 1, in college. Spurlock is the backup KR and PR on our team and that's why he suits up on game day.

Rossum has been sputtering lately and would like to see Spurlock return kicks or punts if he continues to play like crap.

Rossum has been sputtering lately and would like to see Spurlock return kicks or punts if he continues to play like crap.

Yeah, no point in using a roster spot on a guy that hasnĀ“t ben playing well. We need help in other areas.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

He can't even catch the ball clean, I thought he was going to drop one yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone