LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Actually I think this is the week they release or trade Jason Hill.....which I think would be great for him...he deserves much better than the way he is being treated...

he is younger than Battle and has accumulated less injuries over the years...and Bruce will most likely retire next year.......but with all this being said... the 49ers seem to not see the big picture and will most likely release or trade him if Jones comes back this week.

If I was in control it would be

Bruce,

Morgan & Hill sharing playing time,

and let Jones earn his place on the depth chart and share with Battle for playing time.

edit- and release Rossum, just to keep Spurlock around.

I agree 100%. They don't see the big long term picture. I also would play Bruce, Morgan and Hill. I can't believe how they have treated Jason Hill. He has great speed, excellent hands, runs reliable routes and always makes plays. Yet he is inactive and almost cut.... IMO he is a #3 on this roster at least. Bruce because he has experience and Morgan because he is a playmaker but when was the last time you can actually remeber Jason Hill dropping the ball? And he gets open. He gets separation. Bruce will retire soon or drop off from older age. Jason Hill is ready to be his replacement. I just don't get it.

Hill would be the perfect replacement for Bruce.....the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams got him some way and they would have a new Bruce for the next 10 years

division rivals are known to pickup each other players that fly under the NFL radar.

I agree 100%

What makes me uneasy right now...is why on earth would a team be so ready to cut a guy that has done nothing but make plays for your team when given the chance...

Yet...

They are itching to give $16 million guaranteed to a guy who obviously just wants to get paid and hasnt played a down of NFL football....

Does not make sense...at all

i dont know where you guys are getting the idea that the team is ready to cut hill. it's just speculation by some posters on the zone. although, i do agree that hill needs to be utilized way more and is a great route runner.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
He is also th fastest reciever on the team and has sure hands. Even if they put him in the slot and run him deep that would open up the field for the underneath stuff.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Looking at the depth chart...

Morgan and Bruce are the # 1 & 2 right now.

With Jones injured, Battle is clearly the # 3 IMO; which leaves Spurlock and Hill as the #4 & 5 right now.

If were only going to have 4 activated... Spurlock has more versitility than Hill with his ability to run the Taser O, return punts, and return kickoffs; as well as the stuff that Hill can do (WR play and ST).

Unfortunately for Hill, he's probably going to get dropped when Crabs signs...

QFT

I like Jason Hill, and he's done some good things for this team, but he's extremely replaceable.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I NEVER understood the hype.

-9fA
  • 49erblood
  • Info N/A
what i dont get is tha mancrush for SPURLOCK he has done nothing,hes been cut for a reason and he doesnt even know how to run routes!!!! I think sully has to go,cuz HILL should definitely be our 3rd receiver , I like battle but he doesnt have the speed of HILL. I KNOW i read some article last week where SINGLETARY said he knows HILL makes plays when given the opportunities, so i think hill is just in the doghouse
Personally, I would play him instead of Spurlock. But, this is Mike's decision. We'll see...
Why is the Crabtree thread locked?
When Brandon Jones comes back, it's likely either Spurlock or Hill will get cut. If Spurlock has PS eligibility, he'd be the guy to cut and maybe bump Dobson Collins. I think Hill still has potential to be a quality WR...but he'll really have to seize his opportunities.
I really like feel like Hill and Morgan are pretty equal. Morgan seems to have more big play potential, but Hill seems like he has better hands and is a little more dependable. Honestly, they seem like a pretty good pair to me. I don't see why either would get cut. They're the most successful WR draft picks we've had in years (and that includes Crabtree at this point).
Didn't someone say before that if Crabtree signs we could put him in the PUP list until about week 7 or so? Meaning he wouldn't be part of the 53-man roster right away?

I like J. Hill but understand too that I shouldn't get too attached to single players.. If the case is we sign Crabtree and can put him on the PUP list until week 7 or so, then that would give the team time to find a trade partner for J. Hill if there are any..

The Niners will do what the Niners will do.
Jason Hill deserves better than how the 49ers are treating him. He proved he can make plays last year when it counts. Isaac Bruce will be gone next year and it's ridiculous how Battle is starting ahead of Hill.

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Jason Hill deserves better than how the 49ers are treating him. He proved he can make plays last year when it counts. Isaac Bruce will be gone next year and it's ridiculous how Battle is starting ahead of Hill.

Yah...I agree...I actually kind of feel bad for Jason Hill. The guy showed last season that he could be productive if given a chance. Even during pre-season the guy catches every pass thrown to him....

It sad how Crab-diva is demanding that the 49ers treat him like a baby while a guy like Jason Hill, who has produced and worked hard, possibly be shown the door..

I guess its part of the NFL = Not For Long
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Looking at the depth chart...

Morgan and Bruce are the # 1 & 2 right now.

With Jones injured, Battle is clearly the # 3 IMO; which leaves Spurlock and Hill as the #4 & 5 right now.

If were only going to have 4 activated... Spurlock has more versitility than Hill with his ability to run the Taser O, return punts, and return kickoffs; as well as the stuff that Hill can do (WR play and ST).

Unfortunately for Hill, he's probably going to get dropped when Crabs signs...

I wouldn't bet on that. Though Hill is obviously not a favorite right now, with Bruce being in the final year of his contract, and Battle having an arthritic knee, the team is more likely to drop someone other than a young WR if/when Crabtree signs.

Even if Crabtree signs this week, it will be a couple of weeks before he is activated. In the meantime, a lot of other things can happen.

If crabtree signs he has to be placed on the 53 man roster immedietly! I see where you are going with the suggestion that when Bruce leaves we need Hill, but thats why we kept Zeigler on the P.S. to come in next year when we let go off bruce.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I was dissapointed when Hill was inactive for Sundays game, he has been reasonably productive when given the chance and I think could have a good future but needs the opportunity.

The coaches seem to value Spurlock higher at the moment, seemingly because of his Wildcat "Taser" capabilities.

Hopefully for Sundays game we have 5 WRs active.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Personally, I would play him instead of Spurlock. But, this is Mike's decision. We'll see...

I second.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by adrenaline:

I second.

I think they like Spurlock in that 3 spot because he is such a playmaker with the ball in his hands (Kick/Punt returner) and they want to get him on those 5 yard outs/ins and get the ball into his hands in space. J.Hill is more of a possession guy but I can see him being a good niner for years to come.

I like Hill though, wish he was playing too...
Share 49ersWebzone