There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill

• dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Looking at the depth chart...

Morgan and Bruce are the # 1 & 2 right now.

With Jones injured, Battle is clearly the # 3 IMO; which leaves Spurlock and Hill as the #4 & 5 right now.

If were only going to have 4 activated... Spurlock has more versitility than Hill with his ability to run the Taser O, return punts, and return kickoffs; as well as the stuff that Hill can do (WR play and ST).

Unfortunately for Hill, he's probably going to get dropped when Crabs signs...

I wouldn't bet on that. Though Hill is obviously not a favorite right now, with Bruce being in the final year of his contract, and Battle having an arthritic knee, the team is more likely to drop someone other than a young WR if/when Crabtree signs.

Even if Crabtree signs this week, it will be a couple of weeks before he is activated. In the meantime, a lot of other things can happen.
Actually I think this is the week they release or trade Jason Hill.....which I think would be great for him...he deserves much better than the way he is being treated...

he is younger than Battle and has accumulated less injuries over the years...and Bruce will most likely retire next year.......but with all this being said... the 49ers seem to not see the big picture and will most likely release or trade him if Jones comes back this week.

If I was in control it would be

Bruce,

Morgan & Hill sharing playing time,

and let Jones earn his place on the depth chart and share with Battle for playing time.

edit- and release Rossum, just to keep Spurlock around.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Actually I think this is the week they release or trade Jason Hill.....which I think would be great for him...he deserves much better than the way he is being treated...

he is younger than Battle and has accumulated less injuries over the years...and Bruce will most likely retire next year.......but with all this being said... the 49ers seem to not see the big picture and will most likely release or trade him if Jones comes back this week.

Bruce,

and let Jones earn his place on the depth chart and share with Battle for playing time.

cosigned

Bruce,

Well I guess we can all thank god this isn't how it is.
Originally posted by danimal:

Bruce,

cosigned

i like hill. I think he looks an awful lot like Bruce. He runs good routes and is pretty sure handed. Dunno why he's so low on the chart.

We have spurlock, release Rossum and move Hill into the lineup. The kid needs a chance.
Originally posted by backontop:

Bruce,

what would you prefer..........besides cloning Alex and having hims play all the positions
Originally posted by backontop:

Bruce,

what would you prefer..........besides cloning Alex and having hims play all the positions

he thanks god everyday for the 1 lucky playoff win of the decade. I wouldn't take his opinion too seriously

Bruce,

I agree 100%. They don't see the big long term picture. I also would play Bruce, Morgan and Hill. I can't believe how they have treated Jason Hill. He has great speed, excellent hands, runs reliable routes and always makes plays. Yet he is inactive and almost cut.... IMO he is a #3 on this roster at least. Bruce because he has experience and Morgan because he is a playmaker but when was the last time you can actually remeber Jason Hill dropping the ball? And he gets open. He gets separation. Bruce will retire soon or drop off from older age. Jason Hill is ready to be his replacement. I just don't get it.

I like Jason Hill and hope he gets a chance to prove he can contribute to this offense. He has to be good for 25-30 catches this year. Even if we were to sign Crabtree and once Jones comes back, he need to keep hill around. Bruce is gone after this season and we are going to need another receiver. Amazing. The Niners actually have.....depth at receiver.

1-Morgan
2-Jones
3-Battle
4-Spurlock
5-Hill
Jason Hill is better than most think so I dont quite get it, but I have faith the our coach that he will get the best out of him one way or another.
To be honest we really don't know what we have in Brandon Jones yet. I mean he did not play the entire preseason. I didn't watch a lot of Tennessee games either. So I think the odd man out should be Spurlock if and when Crabtree signs. I like Hill in the slot.

Bruce,

Yes Rossum should be cut, the dude looks old and slow.
Originally posted by pd24:
What do you guys think of Jason Hill not being active for the game and his diminishing role?

I think Hill should be the #3 reciever at the least. Just because last year when Shaun Hill took over it seemed like Jason Hill was his go to guy if we needed a first down. The last 8 games of the season when Shaun Hill took over Jason had 30 receptions and was the 2nd leading reciever on the team in that time.

I think Hill got in trouble with the boss. Maybe ran over his dog. If and when Crabs signs he'll be released.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Bruce,

I agree 100%. They don't see the big long term picture. I also would play Bruce, Morgan and Hill. I can't believe how they have treated Jason Hill. He has great speed, excellent hands, runs reliable routes and always makes plays. Yet he is inactive and almost cut.... IMO he is a #3 on this roster at least. Bruce because he has experience and Morgan because he is a playmaker but when was the last time you can actually remeber Jason Hill dropping the ball? And he gets open. He gets separation. Bruce will retire soon or drop off from older age. Jason Hill is ready to be his replacement. I just don't get it.

Hill would be the perfect replacement for Bruce.....the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams got him some way and they would have a new Bruce for the next 10 years

division rivals are known to pickup each other players that fly under the NFL radar.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Bruce,

Hill would be the perfect replacement for Bruce.....the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams got him some way and they would have a new Bruce for the next 10 years

division rivals are known to pickup each other players that fly under the NFL radar.

I agree 100%

What makes me uneasy right now...is why on earth would a team be so ready to cut a guy that has done nothing but make plays for your team when given the chance...

Yet...

They are itching to give $16 million guaranteed to a guy who obviously just wants to get paid and hasnt played a down of NFL football....

Does not make sense...at all