LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

"49ers served notice that things are about to change."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Nice little write up from Sando, who was at the game.

"The Cardinals are the defending NFC and NFC West champs. But the 49ers served notice that things are about to change."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/4910/49ers-nfc-west-race-much-tougher-in-2009
"Linebacker Ray McDonald takes down Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner for a sack as the 49ers made it known that they will be contenders in the NFC West."

no point in even reading after that lol
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
"Linebacker Ray McDonald takes down Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner for a sack as the 49ers made it known that they will be contenders in the NFC West."

Hahaha
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Hahaha

I know it's only the 1st game of the season and we should temper our emotions, but it's nice to get some love

-9fA
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I know it's only the 1st game of the season and we should temper our emotions, but it's nice to get some love

-9fA

Thanks. Good read Sando and Whitlock are my two favorites. No biasis just report it like it is
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

seriously i am in highschool and the last few years I have been gettin nothin but hate all the while still sportin my niner stuff and this year it seems we are finaly gettin respect, and rightfully so

GO NINERS! next game we crush the shechickens
Quote:
The gap between the Cardinals and 49ers in football IQ was striking.

The 49ers committed four penalties for 31 yards. The Cardinals committed 12 for 82.

"Guys who are going to have penalties are not going to play," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.

The edict sounded good, but there's a problem. Whisenhunt can't afford to bench starting left tackle Mike Gandy (false start, holding). He cannot afford to bench strong safety Adrian Wilson (offsides, unnecessary roughness). He cannot afford to bench Darnell Dockett (two offsides). He cannot afford to bench Kurt Warner (delay of game).

go 9ers

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Quote:
The gap between the Cardinals and 49ers in football IQ was striking.

The 49ers committed four penalties for 31 yards. The Cardinals committed 12 for 82.

"Guys who are going to have penalties are not going to play," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.

The edict sounded good, but there's a problem. Whisenhunt can't afford to bench starting left tackle Mike Gandy (false start, holding). He cannot afford to bench strong safety Adrian Wilson (offsides, unnecessary roughness). He cannot afford to bench Darnell Dockett (two offsides). He cannot afford to bench Kurt Warner (delay of game).

yea i thought that was pretty funny too!!
The Cards looked horrible in preseason and it continued into yesterday's game. It's great that the 9ers went down there yesterday and stole a win from them, but I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. Next week's game against the Seahawks is going to be a better barometer as to where the 9ers are at this season.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Nice little write up from Sando, who was at the game.

"The Cardinals are the defending NFC and NFC West champs. But the 49ers served notice that things are about to change."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/4910/49ers-nfc-west-race-much-tougher-in-2009

Yea I heard the same thing a couple of season's ago when we swept the Seahawks. Don't get me wrong, I hope this is our year but it's too early to tell.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The Cards looked horrible in preseason and it continued into yesterday's game. It's great that the 9ers went down there yesterday and stole a win from them, but I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. Next week's game against the Seahawks is going to be a better barometer as to where the 9ers are at this season.

This along with the Vikings over the next two weeks is going to tell us how the season should play out. The vikings defense is very good and is one of the best against the run. I wonder if Raye will game plan to pass more knowing we can't run on them or is he going to keep running into their wall?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Thanks. Good read Sando and Whitlock are my two favorites. No biasis just report it like it is

So should Sandiego49er and I be expecting a christmas card this year?
Share 49ersWebzone