LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

Referees didn't call a few penalties...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How can you not forget the call that they did make incorrectly, the 12 men on the field. I mean, I can understand the refs missing the occasional holding call or whatever, but to count wrong (and then take 10 minutes to review it) has got to be one of the strangest calls, challenges, and reversals I have ever seen.
It seemed like Clements flopped on that o.p.i. he got against Fitz. And I loved that because I remember Fitz last year flopping when Clements barely touched him and got called for the p.i.
Were forgetting the Michael Irvin type push-off move by 'The Supermodel' ie Larry Fitz vs. Lockdown-22 on Fitz only TD, but hey like it was mentioned in dis form, I remember that BS PI call against Lockdown when Fitz flopped (one of the reasons I call him 'The Supermodel', cuz he doesn't like to be touched, let alone be hit too hard), but hey were the Niners even going back to the '82 NFC Title game, the refs don't much help.
^^Yeah, Clements did a pretty good acting job selling that OPI on Fitz.
I forget when in the game but I saw a pretty obvious hands to the face penalty against Justin Smith that wasn't called. Not sure how it was missed as he was only a couple feet from Warner as he was releasing the ball down field.

I also saw a play where the Cardinal player basically threw a punch to the face mask after the play was dead towards the end of the game. The ref stepped in but didn't throw a flag.
Originally posted by fister30:
Numerous penalties is a sign of team not in sink yet. The cards were flapping around out there. There could have been more penalties called on them today. I remember a blatant holding penalty by the cards when one of the DB's of SF came on a blitz and was tackled.

Do you remember on whom? I don't remember that particular play. But I'm not surprised that the Cards OL got away w/ some penalties.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
How can you not forget the call that they did make incorrectly, the 12 men on the field. I mean, I can understand the refs missing the occasional holding call or whatever, but to count wrong (and then take 10 minutes to review it) has got to be one of the strangest calls, challenges, and reversals I have ever seen.

Yup, didn't mention that. If Singletary didn't challenge the call, would've given the Cards a first down. Also, was LOL when the ref mistakenly said ARZ would be charged a TO after the ruling on the field was reversed.
Whoa, I just thought of one and can't believe I almost forgot about it.

Remember when the refs called a penalty on J. Smith for yelling fake calls or whatever? He barely missed the FG on that kick, but instead that penalty against us extended ARZ's drive. I believe that happened just before halftime which they got a FG anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone