LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Why does Shaun Hill ALWAYS suck in the 3rd quarter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is it because the opposing teams adjust after the half or what? I don't understand why he totally bombs every time in the 3rd, and then starts to pick it up again around the beginning of the 4th quarter. Any theories?[/code]
If it makes you feel any better, he didnt exactly light it up in the first half either.
Don't know, but it keeps happening. Oh well! His numbers in the 4th quarter make up for it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Don't know, but it keeps happening. Oh well! His numbers in the 4th quarter make up for it.

honestly. i think the defense makes the adjustment and our O coordinators didn't adjust at half. they wait to see what the D is going to do, and then adjust to that.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

honestly. i think the defense makes the adjustment and our O coordinators didn't adjust at half. they wait to see what the D is going to do, and then adjust to that.

The Cardinals made better adjustments at half time, however that 80 yard drive in the 4th qtr. was a thing of beauty. Hats off to VD 5 catches for 40 yards and acted like a captain

And then in the 4th quarter, Hill tells the offensive coordinator to "Scr$w himself" and he takes over the playcalling.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:

The Cardinals made better adjustments at half time, however that 80 yard drive in the 4th qtr. was a thing of beauty. Hats off to VD 5 catches for 40 yards and acted like a captain

Good point about Vernon. Did not lose his head and performed well in the passing game. Blocking needed a little work, but good game overall.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

Agreed, the O made no adjustments til late, but thankfully not too late

Its only a matter of time though, he needs to be consistent.
Originally posted by AZ9er:

+1

Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by AZ9er:

+1

probably because he wants to known as a 4th qb comeback QB.

anyways he is going to have his ups and downs during the game. As long as he keeps up the 8-3 record I'm happy.
Well I rather him suck in the 3rd then suck in the 4th like Tim Rattay.

But Hill is not our QB of the future. He is a placeholder until Nate Davis is ready.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Is it because the opposing teams adjust after the half or what? I don't understand why he totally bombs every time in the 3rd, and then starts to pick it up again around the beginning of the 4th quarter. Any theories?
[/code]
but don't you just love it when he shines in the 4th? he's a closer
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Is it because the opposing teams adjust after the half or what? I don't understand why he totally bombs every time in the 3rd, and then starts to pick it up again around the beginning of the 4th quarter. Any theories?
[/code]

But there were several games last season where he could have closed them out in the third quarter if he didn't dive bomb after halftime. I think its great that he can play well in the 4th quarter, but I just wish that he could have a little more consistency throughout the entire game and not come out flat every game after halftime.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

But there were several games last season where he could have closed them out in the third quarter if he didn't dive bomb after halftime. I think its great that he can play well in the 4th quarter, but I just wish that he could have a little more consistency throughout the entire game and not come out flat every game after halftime.

once again. is it him, or us not adjusting?
Share 49ersWebzone