There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 1)

Like I wrote on the gameday thread. Any OC that says he wants to "establish the run" in this day and age needs to get fired right there.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

Defense won this game. Are u arguing against that?

You cannot argue that...we won with D today, the offense looked bad, but it was the olines fault, Hill was so-so when he had time. There is a reason he looked like Alex Smith out there today, the oline sucked just like it did for Smith. Some of you Smith haters may want to try and understand that it is not always the QB's fault when an offense struggles. If your oline sucks, the offense is going to struggle. Hopefully the line will gel and start to play better as a unit.
ummm, the o line was not so good. they need to just step up.. and we don't have to fire rayes. come on. give him a break.. the coachs did a pretty good job.. again O line needs to step up..
  • rob28
  • Veteran
the offense was terrible as expected especially the run game. coffee needs more touches. thank god for hill.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I have a question, do that cards have a above average D line? will we face alot harder this year? I though our line was getting better so im just hoping they have a awesome d line or we just had a off day at O L
I will go out and say it.

Hill sucked, there were what 2-3 2nd down passes, where he just didnt have the arm strength to throw a 5 yard pass to the guy wide open in the flat.

He threw some dicey passes into coverage, his deep ball had no accuracy, other than that lucky (yeah i said lucky) pass to bruce.

HIll looked like a highschool qb all game, except the drive we scored the go ahead TD on.

He held the ball too long, and on that fumble, even alex smith would have gotten rid of the ball sooner, or at least rolled out.

And The fact that we ran the same running play on 17 of gores 22 carries is pretty lame. (that off tackle run with the te and fb lead blocking.)

I can't wait till Brandon jones gets back, we need someone with speed on the field, I still believe we should just show Crabtree the way out of San Fran.
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

Yeah Hill schools those damn adjectives and verbs!!
Firing Martz is gonna lose us some games this season.

hills long ball is horrible

free Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Like I wrote on the gameday thread. Any OC that says he wants to "establish the run" in this day and age needs to get fired right there.

Yeah like Cam Cameron in Baltimore oh wait...
Gore doesnt do well against the cardinals every game. They have a disruptive line and a good lb in dansby and a linebacker at safety in Adrian Wilson. Every team doesnt play the run that well so get over it
im going to give the o the benefit of a doubt that it was our 1st gm in a tough environment. but will not give raye any credit except on that final td drive, dude needs to stay awake the whole gm. but anyways we f**kin won and actually finished the gm. singletary got these guys some f**king swagger
Offense was pure GARBAGE. Please bring back Martz as an consultant.
Hill has me pulling my sparse hair out. He looked like pure dog doo most of the game. The winning drive was gutsy, but the defense is who won this game. Two field goals from interception-shortened fields. If not for the defense today, we lose real ugly. Our defense was a big part of our offense today.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Who wins games with 25 yards rushing??

Stopping the run was considered a strength by the Cardinals. I think it was a good thing we struggled with the run. We were forced to pass. I hope this will promote more of a balanced attack than merely a boring ground game.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
the GOOD

Tenacity - its here.
Patience - its here.
Fortitude - its here.
Pass Rush - has been spotted. Still not caught on tape but at least spotted.

the BAD

unimaginative playcalling at times. - Really? - your pros now. Its big boy time.
Running Game - We want you back. Sorry we flirted with Passing.

the UGLY

Sorry Vets - There is nothing Ugly in WINS (except Warners grizzled gray beard)