There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Originally posted by popalpo:
Just put it this way. What if you the 9er fan that you are became a professional football player and you played for the Buffalo Bills. Wouldn't you at heart be rooting for the 9ers still?

WTF? Buffalo? That's a tough pill to swallow...

Ok, seriously though. If I were drafted to the Bills I would still be cheering for the 49ers every year. In fact if I made it to the Superbowl of course I would want to play against the team I have always cheered for. As a competitor I would want to win that one game more than any other in my life.

Joe Montana along with Ronnie Lott are the players that made me a 49erFan in the first place. So he grew up in Steeler country, and was a Steeler fan. Imagine if he were a Buffalo fan... 4 Superbowl wins could have been 4 Superbowl losses.
so what i wouldn't stop cheering for my childhood team either to the players it's a game and a job not a lifelong dedication to your franchise like most fans no big deal
he's a douche bag......the end
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/listenlive.player.html?file=http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/audio/2009/09/10/DP-Joe_Montana-09-10-09_Interview.mp3

link
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Come on dude.

wow, some of you guys need a new sarcasm detector. yours is broken...
Shoot, we need to let Alex Smith wear #16 NOW.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Hell Yeah! Lets fill our team with a bunch of Jason Hills.

LOL

-9fA
ok football players are fans to its not there fault there team isnt the one there playing for
He won 4 superbowls for the 49ers.
Originally posted by father49er:
He won 4 superbowls for the 49ers.

Yeah, and he is a "douche" to all these new 49er fans that are used to winning less than 8 games a year. Glad they have their priorities straight.
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
I heard him say it. Kinda hurt me a little I'll admit. He could have softened the blow by saying he roots for the fortyniners now but he didn't.

I guess we forget how the niners treated him at the end of his career.

Still the fans always loved him.

Whatever I'm just going to repress these feelings until one day I hurt somebody for no reason.
Makes you appreciate Tom Brady a little huh?
this thread is retarded
i thought everyone here knew that. who cares ! if i got drafted by the chicago bears and won a couple superbowls, i'm still a niner at heart !

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Sep 11, 2009 at 12:18:06 ]
I'm not sure I would root for the 49ers if I were Montana.

- The Montana-to-the-Chiefs-clusterf**k was gross. I was a little kid at the time, and I remember feeling really crappy about it.
- Bill Walsh is gone.
- The Yorks own the team.
- We run, run, run the ball now.

I can't think of any real links between Joe's 49ers and the current organization. I mean, aside from the uniforms and the stadium.