LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Shop Find 49ers gear online
that's it! Im burning my Joe Montana jersey!!!!
So he was a fan of his near-home Steelers; so what?
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Understandable..But to root for a team your competing for a title with? Nah, I dont like that. A lot of guys say they were fans of certain teams growing up....but they dont root for them while competing for a championship with them

Did I miss something over the last 30 years? Since when did we EVER compete with the Squealers for a Super Bowl title?

This is how I look at it. 9ers/ NFC team. Squealers/AFC team. So it's kinda like being a fan of two teams. One you play for and the other you root for when your team is out of contention.

It's not like Joe said he was a Cowboys fan and still is, for cryin out loud. Much ado over nothin as far as I am concerned. When Joe left the 9ers I openly rooted for the Squaws in the AFC. Except against the Seachickens. Of course now Sheattle is in our division so I don't root for them at all. I wasn't even rooting for them when they went all the way. Oh that's right the Squealers got that nifty gift wrapped trophy as a late Xmas gift.

Hmmmm 6 degrees of separation at it's best.

~Ceadder
Geez Joe got around today, he was on Rome and the Heard also!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Understandable..But to root for a team your competing for a title with? Nah, I dont like that. A lot of guys say they were fans of certain teams growing up....but they dont root for them while competing for a championship with them

Did I miss something over the last 30 years? Since when did we EVER compete with the Squealers for a Super Bowl title?

This is how I look at it. 9ers/ NFC team. Squealers/AFC team. So it's kinda like being a fan of two teams. One you play for and the other you root for when your team is out of contention.

It's not like Joe said he was a Cowboys fan and still is, for cryin out loud. Much ado over nothin as far as I am concerned. When Joe left the 9ers I openly rooted for the Squaws in the AFC. Except against the Seachickens. Of course now Sheattle is in our division so I don't root for them at all. I wasn't even rooting for them when they went all the way. Oh that's right the Squealers got that nifty gift wrapped trophy as a late Xmas gift.

~Ceadder

Who are the Squaws? Is that a Chiefs reference? With all you nicknames I was not sure.
Originally posted by bigmur49:

~Ceadder

Who are the Squaws? Is that a Chiefs reference? With all you nicknames I was not sure.

Yup, the Squaws would be the Chiefs. lol

I'm thinking that I should pen a book detailing the derogatory nicknames of professional sports teams so that everyone knows without having to ask. lol

~Ceadder

PS submit nicknames to me if you wish. My absolute favorite derogatory nickname is the Phallus Towelboys.

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 10, 2009 at 16:23:16 ]

~Ceadder

Thanks. Someone else gets it.

I loved all those playoff games between the heated rivals 49ers & Steelers back in the day.

~Ceadder

I loved all those playoff games between the heated rivals 49ers & Steelers back in the day.

~Ceadder
He said that? Oh my god... who cares.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
this thread is retarded

~Ceadder

This thread is weak.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
He said that? Oh my god... who cares.

this. This thread is the greatest example of the pussification of todays youth. We question our own heroes on their allegiances even after winning 4 superbowls? Get a life! Even if I got drafted by the rams, I'd always have a place for the niners except when I played them. Competition always beats being a fan. Me over the team I root for if I am playing. I don't see what's so hard to understand. This isn't Pete rose betting on baseball.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
I don't care what team he's a fan of. Four freaking Superbowl rings! We need more such "fans" playing for us!
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
tom brady was a niner fan and wanted to get drafted look how he turned out

yep and part of me wouldn't care if we traded gore, willis, the rights to cashtree basically everyone we got for him for the next 8 years! 7 playing 1 maybe 2 years mentoring a draft pick.
http://www.thepoetsnest.com/Rays/Pictures/noose.jpg
Share 49ersWebzone