LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just put it this way. What if you the 9er fan that you are became a professional football player and you played for the Buffalo Bills. Wouldn't you at heart be rooting for the 9ers still?
  • 49erfourlife
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Among other things, Montana surprised me by saying that he was a Steelers fan and rooted for the Steelers WHILE he was playing for the 49ers. My thoughts were "damn, were you rooting for them when they stopped your undefeated season in 1984?" WOW. Surprising to me to say the least. How about you guys?

Really? Are you even serious right now? Mod can you please ban him for life ?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Among other things, Montana surprised me by saying that he was a Steelers fan and rooted for the Steelers WHILE he was playing for the 49ers. My thoughts were "damn, were you rooting for them when they stopped your undefeated season in 1984?" WOW. Surprising to me to say the least. How about you guys?

Joe is as cool as they come. It's no biggie. He gets a pass for everything.

Who cares if he wanted to play for his boyhood home team. Joe gets a pardon for anything less than vehicular manslaughter.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Joe Montana's a punk. I blame him for our 18-1 season now, and for giving away divisional opponents secrets to the Steelers to help them win 6 Super Bowls before us. We should have known when the Steelers played the Seahawks and the Cardinals that Montana would be right there, whispering tactics in their ears like a bedroom lover.

"Hey, Big Ben, pull a Testaverde here. The Seahawks fell for that twice a year when I played them." *wink*

"Hey, Big Ben, throw it to Santonio. I promise Brown will not fully extend his arm to deflect your pass. He never did against my passes." *wink*
Really? Anyone actually gives a rat behind who Joe Montana roots for? Really? This is what having a life means. Please, get one.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I posted a pic of Joe Montana in a Steelers shirt not long ago.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Chief:
I posted a pic of Joe Montana in a Steelers shirt not long ago.

He wore a Steelers shirt under his 9er jersey.
  • Veteran
He won four SB's for us, does it really matter if he is a Steelers fan?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 190836:

Just give the trophies to the Steelers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Ok people when i wrote this ^it was a joke, this is how i feel about the situation

Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Exactly

Whatever...I know if I were in the NFL I'd still be a 9er fan. Sh!t Willis is a freakin' Cowgirl fan FCOL....as long as he gets us back to the playoffs and possibly #6...i could care less.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Whatever...I know if I were in the NFL I'd still be a 9er fan. Sh!t Willis is a freakin' Cowgirl fan FCOL....as long as he gets us back to the playoffs and possibly #6...i could care less.

WHAT HES A COWGIRL FAN!

cut him
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 190836:

Just give the trophies to the Steelers.

No way, trophies are ours to keep. Montana has every right to like the Steelers if he wish to.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Exactly

I second that. You guys are always hating. I think i've see maybe a dozen positive posts in the last couple months. Take some midal and get over yourselves. That includes the fan's writting morbid articles for this site on the homepage, absolutely sickening..

[ Edited by Nabisko on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:01:48 ]
I guess everybody that is shocked did not watch Joe Montana's induction in Canton:

Not in any particular order, but Mr. Rooney, I’ve always been a Steeler fan all of my life. I grew up in Monongahela, Pennsylvania. Loved the Steelers then, love them now.
LINK
Share 49ersWebzone