LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Heard the interview on my way to the office, one thing I found funny was how he referred to the Niners in the past tense. He didn't refer to them as my Niners like Young does. Either way he is Joe and he gets my pass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Come on dude.
So what....does that take away the 4 superbowl rings he helped the team achieve?
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

You should be baned from the board for even thinking about such a thing. Holly Crap!

The man grew up a Steelers fan. I mean if you were drafted into the NFL by another team would you stop being a 9ers fan? I wouldn't. I would still have a love for my team but I would still be a 9er faithful.

I mean after all he has done for this franchise.... I'm just dombfounded by the lack of respect that some fans give around here.
Originally posted by aclarke49:

You should be baned from the board for even thinking about such a thing. Holly Crap!

The man grew up a Steelers fan. I mean if you were drafted into the NFL by another team would you stop being a 9ers fan? I wouldn't. I would still have a love for my team but I would still be a 9er faithful.

I mean after all he has done for this franchise.... I'm just dombfounded by the lack of respect that some fans give around here.

It was a joke, man.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He gave us 4 Super Bowl trophies. He has the right to say whatever he wants.

I have a right to ignore those comments, and ensure anything I buy doesn't go into his bank accounts.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by aclarke49:

It was a joke, man.

NO!
BANE HIM!! BANE HIM NOW!!

Who Cares ...Let him root for who he wants !

The guy gave us four superbowl victories and some of you wanna burn him at the stake...wtf?

All I know is "Joey Ballgame" gave us a lot of W's and championships
  • fan49
  • Veteran
as long as he was winning superbowls and throwing td's for us, i could care less.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Who Cares ...Let him root for who he wants !

The guy gave us four superbowl victories and some of you wanna burn him at the stake...wtf?

All I know is "Joey Ballgame" gave us a lot of W's and championships

And some of the greatest entertainment to be had watching a football game. Incredible plays, drives, touchdowns. Joe may not consider himself a 49er for life, but he is to us. That's good enough.

Another reason why Steve will always be #1 for a few of us.
  • dman
  • Veteran

sarcasm I hope

if not

I mean who cares? he won 4 damn superbowls lay off him
Originally posted by Afrikan:
OMG you guyz are some babies, who cares..... imagine if you....yes you were fortunate to make a football team, .....anyway wouldn't you still root for the 49ers.....if not then you were never a true fan in the first place

and also helped Joe that the Steelers were at least in the AFC.

and one more thing, this thread brings out all the Young homers who are insecure about these two and will take any opportunity to bash Joe.

FYI, I loved both for various reasons.

What he said...
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Another reason why Steve will always be #1 for a few of us.

Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Understandable..But to root for a team your competing for a title with? Nah, I dont like that. A lot of guys say they were fans of certain teams growing up....but they dont root for them while competing for a championship with them

When did the 49ers while Montana was playing compete with the Steelers for the Superbowl trophy? I missed that game.

Every team's goal is to win a Super Bowl right? Therefore all 32 teams are competing for that right to hoist the Lombardi trophy. Not to mention te 1984 season when the only loss of the season was to Montana's beloved Steelers.

And you really think Montana was rooting for the Steelers on the day he played them? No way would any competitor do that. I think you are digging for controversy where there is none. As far as the Lombardy trophy - remember Steelers are AFC, 49ers are NFC. They have never competed against each other in the post season.
Share 49ersWebzone