There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners sign G/T Drew Radovich

Originally posted by whole49yards:
Radovich played next to Rachal at USC.

I find that very interesting.

That is very interesting. Not sure how long he will stay there onces Crabtree signs & we send someone down to practice squad.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Khaliff Mitchell needs to take Radovich or Collins PS spot righ NOW... and McC? I'm not asking... I'm telling you!

I didn't realize that we need a back up NT that played like a blocking sled. This guy got pushed backwards just about every time I saw him in the lineup during Preseason.

How low are your expectations when your begging for Khalif Mitchell to make the team.
Originally posted by tohara3:

That is very interesting. Not sure how long he will stay there onces Crabtree signs & we send someone down to practice squad.

Its not When, its IF crabtree signs.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tohara3:

I don't think we will cut someone to the PS when Crabs signs. I think by the time Crabs signs we will have to make a decision on whether or not to keep Spurlock or Rossum on the roster. I think Spurlock is going to get his chances to shine in the slot the first couple of weeeks while Jones is out. If he shows potential I think they will give him the return duties when Jones returns and Crabs signs and that will be the end of Rossums career.

Just my feelings though.
Khaliff Mitchell needs to take Radovich or Collins PS spot righ NOW... and McC? I'm not asking... I'm telling you!

I didn't realize that we need a back up NT that played like a blocking sled. This guy got pushed backwards just about every time I saw him in the lineup during Preseason.

Haha, then you watched little or nothing of him then. He was easily the best looking NT on the field this preseason.

• dj43
  • Veteran

Haha, then you watched little or nothing of him then. He was easily the best looking NT on the field this preseason.

Fixed
  • dj43
  • Veteran

Collins is very important because he gives practice depth for the passing game. Bruce and Battle don't go full practice time for different reasons. Zeigler has an ankle sprain that will keep him out a couple of weeks. Hence, Collins is needed, at least for now, to give the starters more rest.
We should have two OL on the PS...Boone, and if this report is true, Radovich. They kept RJF on the roster because he's too risky to clear waivers. Agree we need to develop a DT/NT, but apparently Mitchell's not the guy. Next year's draft is loaded with DT's...so I'm sure they're targeting several of them. We have 7 roster DL...so really no need to have one on the PS.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I had us taking him in the 6th or 7th in my mock draft 2 years ago,
welcome to the Niners Rado

He was as a solid "underated" OG at USC

Yeah, I didn't see much out of Khalif Duckett. And like Corva said, we're carrying seven D-linemen as it is for three spots.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 9, 2009 at 23:23:27 ]
his dad was(is) the oline coach at my high school
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yeah, I didn't see much out of Khalif Duckett. And like Corva said, we're carrying seven D-linemen as it is for three spots.

Ooookay then...

(just assuming you misspelled his name on acident or were making a Damane Duckett joke of him)

Have to say, I'm fascinated at how others apparently watched but did not see anything from this kid... even if against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'll leave it alone now... others made good points about the squeeze on PS players, but I'll never give up the search for a good NT until we acquire one.
He's not too bad, good size and a powerful lineman ..who knows ? ..he showed some potential during pre season games, the Vikes almost kept him on the regular season roster...good pickup for us IMO
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Ooookay then...

(just assuming you misspelled his name on acident or were making a Damane Duckett joke of him)

Have to say, I'm fascinated at how others apparently watched but did not see anything from this kid... even if against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'll leave it alone now... others made good points about the squeeze on PS players, but I'll never give up the search for a good NT until we acquire one.

I'd read that the Niners were toying with the idea of converting Mitchell to O-Line like they tried to do with Duckett . . . but I agree that we still need to find a dominant NT.