There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The positive thinking Niner Thread

Originally posted by susweel:
Silly noob we dont think positive in Ninertalk.

As long as you exist the toilet will always have its place in this world

GO NINERS!!
Here's my attitude towards this team:

I think the niners will go 6-10, maybe 5-11. I think Singletary is a bad choice as HC and Jimmy Raye was a joke of a choice for OC. Also, firing Martz was unbelievably stupid. Not only that, I think McCloguhan is in over his head as a GM. He could use a few years working as an assitant GM for someone who actually knows what he is doing before can be a good GM himself.

Hvaing said that, I will rot for the Niners as passionately as ever. I will hope from the bottom of my heart to be wrong in each of my previous statements. In other words, I hope I'll eat some serious crow when the season ends. And if that happens, it will be the most delicious crow I've ever tasted.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Oh optimism. I used to have plenty of that this time of year. And it wasn't just blind optimism. Then the Eddie D era ended and the York era began.

A simple question - Why are you here? Because you're a Fan I would think. To say, "I use to have optimism" is basically saying I expect us to lose every year. If that is the case, why watch a single game. If you plan to watch the Niners, why not expect your team to win. Period.

Am I being a Homer in saying this?
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Here's my attitude towards this team:

I think the niners will go 6-10, maybe 5-11. I think Singletary is a bad choice as HC and Jimmy Raye was a joke of a choice for OC. Also, firing Martz was unbelievably stupid. Not only that, I think McCloguhan is in over his head as a GM. He could use a few years working as an assitant GM for someone who actually knows what he is doing before can be a good GM himself.

Hvaing said that, I will rot for the Niners as passionately as ever. I will hope from the bottom of my heart to be wrong in each of my previous statements. In other words, I hope I'll eat some serious crow when the season ends. And if that happens, it will be the most delicious crow I've ever tasted.

Fair enough. The Point of what I'm trying to say. It's alright to be mad, pissed, ticked off or make statement about what this team needs to do, but always expect your team to win, even if the odds are against us.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Oh optimism. I used to have plenty of that this time of year. And it wasn't just blind optimism. Then the Eddie D era ended and the York era began.

A simple question - Why are you here? Because you're a Fan I would think. To say, "I use to have optimism" is basically saying I expect us to lose every year. If that is the case, why watch a single game. If you plan to watch the Niners, why not expect your team to win. Period.

Am I being a Homer in saying this?

No, you're absolutely right. It's like these people are trying to raise their post counts or something like that.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

Positive thinking seems to be a foreign thought in the zone here.Nothing wrong with your enthusiasm.

Myself,I have a couple of concerns with the team but overall they very well can reach the season record you indicated.I started feeling positive last year when they finally fired Nolan!

Here's to a good upcoming season

GO NINERS!
I positively think that every negative person on this board will positively be on the bandwagon once we start winning games.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Why does a person get ripped in here for being realistic? Someone who "expects" that this current team win every game they play is unrealistic. From 1981 till Lawrence Phillips lack of blocking skills let Steve Young get his final concussion,
I thought the 49ers could win every game they played and they were capable of winning against any opponent. This group is going to be over matched many a time this year, realizing this and realizing this team's many short comings does not make a person any less of a fan than the guy who predicts Super Bowl every year.
Originally posted by BobS:
Why does a person get ripped in here for being realistic? Someone who "expects" that this current team win every game they play is unrealistic. From 1981 till Lawrence Phillips lack of blocking skills let Steve Young get his final concussion,
I thought the 49ers could win every game they played and they were capable of winning against any opponent. This group is going to be over matched many a time this year, realizing this and realizing this team's many short comings does not make a person any less of a fan than the guy who predicts Super Bowl every year.

So, Bob, how will you approach the Monday night game? Will you even watch it? The Cards ARE better than us so it's not worth watching, right? I assume you are a realist and therefore, assume that you expect the Niners to lose to the Cards on Monday, because that's a realistic thought process. I'm I not right?

And I'm not ripping you. I'm just interest in a honest reply. You or any other realist may answer this question.
Nate Davis could be a gem..
I'm not as positive about this team as I was at the end of last season, but all things considered, I'm pretty positive. I think we're going in the right direction in very tangible ways.

For the last few years there were a lot of mirages in the desert that led us to believe we were going to be improved. Nolan's confidence and the general change of attitude that occurred when he took over and the roster was reshaped gave a lot of us reason to believe that we could make big jumps quickly.

That proved false.

But something we should acknowledge is that this team is much, much better than it was several years ago. We have several bona-fide superstars and interesting potential at nearly every position, where before we had nothing. Our recent infatuations with guys like Nate Davis, Diyral Briggs, and Kory Sheets don't say to me that we're grasping at straws, but the future is bright for the 49ers.

I think this offseason has been very promising for the future, with draft picks like Coffee, Davis, McKillop, RJF, and pickups like Briggs and Sheets, the emergence of guys like Reggie Smith and Kentwan Balmer (come on, admit it: he's made some plays this preseason!), so while people say we didn't address our needs well enough this offseason, I think we'll look back on this year and say that it was one where we greatly improved the team, if not for right now, today, then for the near future.

I think that Singletary, for all his inexperience, is a great step for the franchise. Nolan set the table for the attitude change and for a new philosophy, and Sing will put that attitude into work. McCloughan is still a little green, perhaps, but I think he's been very good at picking guys in the late rounds, and he's drafts are going to get better and better.

Those are my positive thoughts fon the Niners this year. Flame on you negative nelly's, but I'm excited to see our team and I'm excited for the future.

Go Niners

So, Bob, how will you approach the Monday night game? Will you even watch it? The Cards ARE better than us so it's not worth watching, right? I assume you are a realist and therefore, assume that you expect the Niners to lose to the Cards on Monday, because that's a realistic thought process. I'm I not right?

And I'm not ripping you. I'm just interest in a honest reply. You or any other realist may answer this question.

Any given Sunday! Having realistic expections for the season doesn't mean you expect the team to lose every game against a so called "superior" team.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Positive thinking is one thing, UNREALISTIC thinking is another.

Some people have TUNNEL VISION while other have BLINDERS and refuse to see the obvious.

Some will perceive the 49er's as being a force in league, while others will think that they haven't improved enough to be that force.

The first FIVE games should determine just how good they are!

So say..we start out 1 and 4, and for the next week, I'm approaching the game with an, "I know we can win attitude"; Am I wrong for thinking that?

What pisses me off is when other so called fans try to impose their way of thinking on others, calling you stupid, dumb or a homer for not having the same point of view as they do. Interesting enough, this thread was started for positive sake, and it's already been hijacked with bs.

As far as I'm concerned, I approach every game with an positive attitude, no matter how bad the season. Those who don't like it, know what they can do.

I have a negative attitude about this season lol but true that whith your statement this s**t pisses me the f**k off
Originally posted by backontop:
I POSITIVELY think we will not make the playoffs this year.

I C What U did there

Let me clear something up. Expecting to win does not mean I expect us to be 16-0 or even 11-5. (Not without key positions being seriously addressed) What it means is me, being a fan, expect MY team to win. That is the way I get enjoyment out of each season. I know perfectly well what this team needs and lacks. Doesn't mean I have to approach each season with gloom and doom. Enjoy yours however you choose.