There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I've read many "opinions" this offseason regarding Shaun Hill.....vote time!

I've read many "opinions" this offseason regarding Shaun Hill.....vote time!

does someone have a personal problem with the Afrikan man .....seems like it.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
These people have already spoken their thoughts on many QB threads... so either you are just not getting it or have a lame fascination with redundancy.

Quote:
That's because it's now time to just STFU, sit back, and see what unfolds. If you need this kind of thread to reassure and validate your opinion, then clearly you're not terribly confident in that opinion... nor should you be.

"..nor should you be"

HA! there are many of us who have been right so far about this whole QB situation, as far as who deserves to be and will be our starting QB....not because we speak out of our arses with a personal bias, but because we follow our team and know what the F' is going on.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 13, 2009 at 09:11:37 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Pro-Hill and have been since his helmet was knocked off and I saw that chubby determined face.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Persdonally I think Hill might fall on his face. He didn't get enough reps in pre-season and he looked out of sync. I know he played well last season but I also believe the team played with high emotion because of the Nolan firing and Singletary coming in.

I think with teams looking closer at hill I think they will scheme that short pass away from us and stack the box with 7-8 defenders. I pray that we can win some of the battles in the trenches. I know we can run block but pass blocking hasn't been out forte.

A real possibility...
  • NMNiner
  • Info N/A
Considering Hill's previous perfromances I think he will do good. He won't put up any jaw dropping numbers but his touchdown to interception ratio and QB rating will be good, and if he can keep turnovers low then we will have opertunities to win some games. Winning games is the only stat that matters and like Sing said "I want winners" well thats exacly what Hill does.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Persdonally I think Hill might fall on his face. He didn't get enough reps in pre-season and he looked out of sync. I know he played well last season but I also believe the team played with high emotion because of the Nolan firing and Singletary coming in.

I think with teams looking closer at hill I think they will scheme that short pass away from us and stack the box with 7-8 defenders. I pray that we can win some of the battles in the trenches. I know we can run block but pass blocking hasn't been out forte.

A real possibility...

my man.
he has the arm of a high school QB N the intelligence of a college QB. Ill be extremely surprise if he does any good.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

A real possibility...

Probability is more like it. I expect for Hill to be enjoying status close to that of JTO this time next year. People are expecting waaay too much and he is going to dissapoint. I like Hill, but he is not an NFL starter, and is going to be the bright neon sign that makes this team ensure they get a top QB in April.
Originally posted by DANADA:
if Chad Pennington can do it so can Hill

do what?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DANADA:
if Chad Pennington can do it so can Hill

do what?

I guess he means just succeed in this league as a true Starter.

I will tell you this much, I was on the Jets board last year and about 80% of the replies were people either saying "I told you so" or "wish we had him back" all talking about Chad as far as comparing to Bret....It was stuff like.... "you guys wanted a strong armed QB, now you we have" and talking about how Chad was more accurate.

I personally feel Shaun Hill is better than Chad, as far as finding the open man. And yes, has a stronger arm.........if that means anything.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 12, 2009 at 17:59:49 ]
As much as I pray it won't be this way, I think our offense will be rendered ineffective as the season progresses, because with a run first mentality, and shaky pass protection, defenses will be able to compress down and stuff our offense.

We need play action, and Brandon Jones speed to stretch defenses. We have a raft of possession receivers and QB with a questionable arm.

I pray to go we make it work. We might survive against mediocre teams, but we won't be elite until we have these issues solved. Even most of the run first offenses that survived last year (Baltimore, Carolina, Atlanta) had QBs that could stretch the field with strong arms.
Originally posted by Sugatis:
He is a scrub day in and Day out - Anyone who thinks he is a guy that is going to win any games for us (granted he may play well enough to not LOOSE the games but he will never win it) - Anyone who thinks he is a solid NFL starting QB are the same games that were screaming that Steve Bono should Start over Young after he came off the bench when Steve was hurt - He was then traded to KC given the starting job and promptly failed miserably - there is such a thing as a career backup - Hill is one in that category.

They should Sign Garcia and get 2 years out of him - Hope Nate Davis Develops or draft someone who will perform.

Out of the 7 games Shaun Hill started and the 49ers won - how many were contenders and how many of those games did he actually make a throw to win the game? Answer Zero - his biggest play that he lost his helmet and kept going for the TD we lost - Meaningless Wins is not leadership it is mediocrity...

That long pass the Morgan against the Rams.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 12, 2009 at 18:18:57 ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Sugatis:
He is a scrub day in and Day out - Anyone who thinks he is a guy that is going to win any games for us (granted he may play well enough to not LOOSE the games but he will never win it) - Anyone who thinks he is a solid NFL starting QB are the same games that were screaming that Steve Bono should Start over Young after he came off the bench when Steve was hurt - He was then traded to KC given the starting job and promptly failed miserably - there is such a thing as a career backup - Hill is one in that category.

They should Sign Garcia and get 2 years out of him - Hope Nate Davis Develops or draft someone who will perform.

Out of the 7 games Shaun Hill started and the 49ers won - how many were contenders and how many of those games did he actually make a throw to win the game? Answer Zero - his biggest play that he lost his helmet and kept going for the TD we lost - Meaningless Wins is not leadership it is mediocrity...

That long pass the Morgan against the Rams.

as well as that TD to Bryant Johnson against the Jets.....but it doesn't really matter.... if he can throw TDs early in the games to where he doesn't need to "win a game" with a TD..that is also a good thing, I would think.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

as well as that TD to Bryant Johnson against the Jets.....but it doesn't really matter.... if he can throw TDs early in the games to where he doesn't need to "win a game" with a TD..that is also a good thing, I would think.

Since I like you as a poster, I'm going to give a boat load of s**t if Shaun Hill plays how badly I think he will in this game. If he plays well I hope you do the same to me.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Since I like you as a poster, I'm going to give a boat load of s**t if Shaun Hill plays how badly I think he will in this game. If he plays well I hope you do the same to me.

haha.... I'll try just for you....but I'm not good at stuff like that.... during that whole Nolan situation I was posting like crazy how he was bad for the team for like 3 1/2 years....but when he finally got fired....I just kept quiet and let the other posters go crazy with the "I told you so"s

so if Hill does great this year, like I expect him too then later in the season as others might be gloating (imo rightfully so for all the sh1t they took) and others converting (*cough* Method), I'll just be doing more of this behind the keyboard...more so than typing.