LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

If/When Crabtree Signs, Who Get's Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would rather it be Battle, but it won't be so I'm thinking Spurlock.
It's got to be between Hill/Spurlock. I prefer to keep Hill.
I didn't realize it had to be a WR.

I'd cut either Rossum or Spurlock. whoever they think is the lesser return guy. IMO Spurlock provides more for the offense than Rossum does for the defense.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'd cut either Rossum or Spurlock. whoever they think is the lesser return guy. IMO Spurlock provides more for the offense than Rossum does for the defense.

It doesn't have to be a WR. They may end up cutting a defensive lineman,cb or linebacker.
Curtis Taylor, and then put him on the PS.

Or Spurlock. I think he's kind of redundant with Rossum, MRob, and Battle on the roster.
Originally posted by teeohh:
roman

yes please
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by genus49:

It doesn't have to be a WR. They may end up cutting a defensive lineman,cb or linebacker.

It does have to be a WR because there is absolutely no reason imaginable why we would carry 7 wide receivers.
Taylor or Spurlock, IMO
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
IBTM

What does IBTM mean?

It shouldn't be merged. This is a different subject than CRABASS
IMO, probably Taylor or Briggs.

one of the 12 LBs
one of the safeties maybe............
Battle or Roman
Originally posted by BigMar:
What makes you honestly believe, at this point he is going to sign?

The fact that he will never get what he wants by holding out until next year. He wouldn't get half of what he's being offered now. Everyone knows this, including Crabtree.
  • dj43
Originally posted by XrayEcho:
They'd probably cut a practice squad player then attempt to move someone from the 53 man squad to PS.

That would be one logical option.

Another would be to cut Rossum and move Spurlock into the return slot. Spurlock is younger and has more value as a slot receiver than does Rossum as a dime back.

I'm not real crazy about losing Rossum because he is a quality return man. Don't know if Spurlock would be his equal but I definitely would not like to see a young guy like Hill get cut. He is developing now that he is healthy. Also, Bruce is on his last year. Hill would definitely get picked up by someone else as he was a third round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone