There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Roster List (53 Man)

Originally posted by showtime49:
I wonder how big of a deal this Jason Hill situation is. It's kind of unsettling...the first rumblings of discontent in the new era. That being said, if I were him, I'd be more than a little pissed if I were cut for Crabtree down the line.

He was upset because he wants to play and contribute, if that's his only complaint then I'm ok with it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinersSF:
cutting sheets was an obvious mistake. He could of cut 10 other guys before sheets. Keeping spulock? Damn singeltary u r an official bonehead. I've already lost respect for u. U better win games to earn my respect back. Then again we're not gonna win so he's screwed.

SPURLOCK WILL BE CUT ONCE CRABS SIGNS!!!!!!

Or Hill

Exactly!!
Originally posted by showtime49:
I wonder how big of a deal this Jason Hill situation is. It's kind of unsettling...the first rumblings of discontent in the new era. That being said, if I were him, I'd be more than a little pissed if I were cut for Crabtree down the line.

He was upset because he wants to play and contribute, if that's his only complaint then I'm ok with it.

Yeah, that's true. Always good to have a lot of competitive spirit
Robinson has always performed well on Special Teams. I am guessing thats why they kept him. Maybe Sheets will make it through waivers and we will sign him to the Practice Squad.

Say Crabtree does come to his senses and signs, who gets cut?

We need someone to back up Snyder on the right, anyone keeping track of other team releases on this position?
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
I think Sing and his staff and Scotty pretty much did the proper thing with the roster and will continue to do well.
Hopefully Sheets,Miller,Spanos,Boone and one of the TE's will make it through waivers and will improve and be able to contribute in the future. But remember,next year the roster will be better again,thanks to the draft and free agency etc(and the good work of McGloughan),so these guys will need to get better or find a nitch to make themselves indespensable.
I hope they find a quality vet RT that has at least one good year left in him,that was cut.Or maybe they trade for one ? And I hope Snyder and Staley never miss a snap ,so Sims is never needed!!!
I understand why they needed to keep Sims and Roman on the team for now,but neither of them will be here long term.
cutting sheets was an obvious mistake. He could of cut 10 other guys before sheets. Keeping spulock? Damn singeltary u r an official bonehead. I've already lost respect for u. U better win games to earn my respect back. Then again we're not gonna win so he's screwed.

Or Hill
Hey u guys r right i forgot abt crabs
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Robinson has always performed well on Special Teams. I am guessing thats why they kept him. Maybe Sheets will make it through waivers and we will sign him to the Practice Squad.

We need someone to back up Snyder on the right, anyone keeping track of other team releases on this position?

crabtree will not sign
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:

crabtree will not sign

not with that attitude

Singletary's roster has 7 D linemen, 9 LBs, and 10 DBs, plus Rossum.

Seems like Briggs played his way onto the roster last night--showing that he's at least one OLB who can bring some pressure on the QB.

I really like the move at QB, making N. Davis the 3rd QB. Who doesn't.

Keeping RJF on the DL seems like a very smart move as well.

Keeping Taylor at FS gives additional insurance in case Goldson gets injured.

I like the fact that they kept both Spurlock and Hill behind Bruce, Battle and Morgan (and Jones).

Only real issue I see is the OL, where I'd like to see someone a little stronger than Sims at backup OT. Perhaps they fill that need with someone else's reject.

In my opinion, the PS will look like:

Boone
Spanos
Sheets
Miller
Mitchell
Egboh
Zeigler
Pascoe--forgot about him.

I think both Boone and Sheets will clear waivers and make it to PS. Still too many red flags for another team to take a risk?

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Sep 5, 2009 at 15:53:21 ]
Very Nice Job my Matt M on the roster.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/09/niners-53-man-roster.html
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Singletary's roster has 7 D linemen, 9 LBs, and 10 DBs, plus Rossum.

Seems like Briggs played his way onto the roster last night--showing that he's at least one OLB who can bring some pressure on the QB.

I really like the move at QB, making N. Davis the 3rd QB. Who doesn't.

Keeping RJF on the DL seems like a very smart move as well.

Keeping Taylor at FS gives additional insurance in case Goldson gets injured.

I like the fact that they kept both Spurlock and Hill behind Bruce, Battle and Morgan (and Jones).

Only real issue I see is the OL, where I'd like to see someone a little stronger than Sims at backup OT. Perhaps they fill that need with someone else's reject.

In my opinion, the PS will look like:

Boone
Spanos
Sheets
Miller
Mitchell
Egboh
Zeigler
J. Moore (???) or Toledo (if he's eligible.)

I think both Boone and Sheets will clear waivers and make it to PS. Still too many red flags for another team to take a risk?

I think Taylor was kept due to M Lewis 2nd concussion, if this keeps up he will be on IR soon.

Or Hill

Lucky you.
sheets pascoe miller green boone gone.I was really pulling for these guys to make the team.Especially Sheets and Miller.The list below is the players waived

T Alex Boone

WR Dobson Collins

DE Pannel Egboh

TE Joe Jon Finley

CB Eric Green

G Kyle Howard

CB Terrail Lambert

FB Brit Miller

DT Khalif Mitchell

LB Jay Moore

TE Bear Pascoe

WR Maurice Price

FB Bill Rentmeester

LB Justin Roland

RB Kory Sheets

G/C Matt Spanos

T Joe Toledo

LB Mark Washington

WR Dominique Zeigler
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Or Hill

Lucky you.

If only we all could forget.
Of the 53, 23 are offense and 26 defense. It's clear which squad Singletary believes will be on the field more often.