LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Umm, it's blatantly obvious that we need help at tackle. I made no mention of tackle other than we need some better ones. You argued that Briggs and Harris were worth less than Sheets and you're acting like you can't get a refund on your Sheets jersey. That's what I'm taking issue with.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by showtime49:
I don't see how that follows my argument in any way. You still fail to address my utility argument.

Why do you keep harping on one point? Yes, he had decent success against some scrubs but does he have more inherent utility than some of the players we kept at this point in time?

We kept a few pass rushing OLBs, a safety but cut a RB. Is it me, or do I see a pattern? We kept players in positions where we have questions at, and we cut a bubble player in arguably, our most talented position on offense.

That being said, I don't know why our OTs and TEs are so thin, but we're talking about Sheets here.

Originally posted by bigninerfan56:

We kept Briggs & Harris over Sheets, good by SM hello new GM next year!
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

That was before they saw him do his thing, I doubt he makes our PS.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

Our Tackles suck, these are the same guys that broke a sack record the last couple years in terms of sacks given up! But we keep them because we need warm bodies in the position! You must work in the PR dept. Put a new spin on it buddy!

You don't have a utility argument square, the guy we kept to back-up our tackle positions can get everyone injured including our best player (Gore) and our QB!
Originally posted by NinersSF:
cutting sheets was an obvious mistake. He could of cut 10 other guys before sheets. Keeping spulock? Damn singeltary u r an official bonehead. I've already lost respect for u. U better win games to earn my respect back. Then again we're not gonna win so he's screwed.

SPURLOCK WILL BE CUT ONCE CRABS SIGNS!!!!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
cutting sheets was an obvious mistake. He could of cut 10 other guys before sheets. Keeping spulock? Damn singeltary u r an official bonehead. I've already lost respect for u. U better win games to earn my respect back. Then again we're not gonna win so he's screwed.

Or Hill
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Or Hill

I think Hill is safe, if he can get in the game he will turn it on,
  • krizay
  • Veteran
So with only 2 TE's. Who becomes our 8th "lineman" on short yardage situations.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Rossum and/or Spurlock over Sheets is only thing I don't like.

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

dear ninertalk:

this was a mans post.

Take note.

Put down the nacho chips and mountain dew.
Turn off the xbox/playstation And go outside.

It's actually Pistachio's, Stella-Artois and Wii . . . and I am outside.

Stella-artois!
Originally posted by krizay:
So with only 2 TE's. Who becomes our 8th "lineman" on short yardage situations.

Rathman
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
. And why did they waste that pick on Pascoe I questioned drafting him from the beginning and now they cut him.

I hate when they waste 6th rd picks too...LOL
I wonder how big of a deal this Jason Hill situation is. It's kind of unsettling...the first rumblings of discontent in the new era. That being said, if I were him, I'd be more than a little pissed if I were cut for Crabtree down the line.

I wonder how big of a deal this Jason Hill situation is. It's kind of unsettling...the first rumblings of discontent in the new era. That being said, if I were him, I'd be more than a little pissed if I were cut for Crabtree down the line.

He was upset because he wants to play and contribute, if that's his only complaint then I'm ok with it.

Or Hill

Exactly!!

He was upset because he wants to play and contribute, if that's his only complaint then I'm ok with it.

Yeah, that's true. Always good to have a lot of competitive spirit
Robinson has always performed well on Special Teams. I am guessing thats why they kept him. Maybe Sheets will make it through waivers and we will sign him to the Practice Squad.

Say Crabtree does come to his senses and signs, who gets cut?

We need someone to back up Snyder on the right, anyone keeping track of other team releases on this position?
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
I think Sing and his staff and Scotty pretty much did the proper thing with the roster and will continue to do well.
Hopefully Sheets,Miller,Spanos,Boone and one of the TE's will make it through waivers and will improve and be able to contribute in the future. But remember,next year the roster will be better again,thanks to the draft and free agency etc(and the good work of McGloughan),so these guys will need to get better or find a nitch to make themselves indespensable.
I hope they find a quality vet RT that has at least one good year left in him,that was cut.Or maybe they trade for one ? And I hope Snyder and Staley never miss a snap ,so Sims is never needed!!!
I understand why they needed to keep Sims and Roman on the team for now,but neither of them will be here long term.
Share 49ersWebzone