LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 133 users in the forums

preseason, sky is falling.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hi, its preseason, 2-14 '09 49ers hmm?
All things are possible.
Everyone likes to think they know more than the people getting paid to make the calls.
It's actually pretty funny to see people whine so much.
  • ZRF80
Some of you suffer from a complex that we are the New England Patriots or the Indianapolis Colts. You see, those teams can afford 1-3 records in preseason, because they have proven track records. Their starters go in, execute 1 good drive, and you know they're ready for the season. In those circumstances, you can say "it's only preseason".

However, on a team that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 8 years (and the only team in the NFC West that hasnt qualified for the playoffs in that span, not to mention one of 3 teams in the CONFERENCE that hasnt ranked for playoff qualification in those years, the preaseason is a LOT more than "it's just preseason". And sure, you can all you want about "vanilla" scheming, but lets keep in mind that thisa team has done a PISS-POOR job of transitioning from the same vanilla offense/defense to their "superbowl" type playcalling since 2002.

So unless you can provide me with key examples where we've surprised our opposition and thrown out spectacular games in the start of the season (as opposed to our typical "its only preason" play during the preseason), please refrain from making bogus comments that dont make sense.

Yeah, back in the 90s, when we went 1-3 consistently during preseason, I like you would strut my s**t, hold my head up high, and talk about "it's only preseason". But now, with a team that cant even make 8-8..the preseason is a BIG DEAL because it showcases whether or not we've MASTERED the BASICS in our offensive/defensive schemes. When our starters cant sustain drives, put up points on the board, or even commit a decent pass rush...it worries me. Especially when the OPPOSITION, who also plays the same VANILLA offense/defense, can score at will and sack our QBs consistently with basic plays.

And Im sure when our team is struggling this year, the lot of ya will go hide in your closets (as you always do), sport SF Giants or SJ Sharks hats..........and pretend ther Niners dont even exist. Typical half-assed Niner fans that Ive become accustomed to over the years.

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Some of you suffer from a complex that we are the New England Patriots or the Indianapolis Colts. You see, those teams can afford 1-3 records in preseason, because they have proven track records. Their starters go in, execute 1 good drive, and you know they're ready for the season. In those circumstances, you can say "it's only preseason".

However, on a team that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 8 years (and the only team in the NFC West that hasnt qualified for the playoffs in that span, not to mention one of 3 teams in the CONFERENCE that hasnt ranked for playoff qualification in those years, the preaseason is a LOT more than "it's just preseason". And sure, you can all you want about "vanilla" scheming, but lets keep in mind that thisa team has done a PISS-POOR job of transitioning from the same vanilla offense/defense to their "superbowl" type playcalling since 2002.

So unless you can provide me with key examples where we've surprised our opposition and thrown out spectacular games in the start of the season (as opposed to our typical "its only preason" play during the preseason), please refrain from making bogus comments that dont make sense.

Yeah, back in the 90s, when we went 1-3 consistently during preseason, I like you would strut my s**t, hold my head up high, and talk about "it's only preseason". But now, with a team that cant even make 8-8..the preseason is a BIG DEAL because it showcases whether or not we've MASTERED the BASICS in our offensive/defensive schemes. When our starters cant sustain drives, put up points on the board, or even commit a decent pass rush...it worries me. Especially when the OPPOSITION, who also plays the same VANILLA offense/defense, can score at will and sack our QBs consistently with basic plays.

And Im sure when our team is struggling this year, the lot of ya will go hide in your closets (as you always do), sport SF Giants or SJ Sharks hats..........and pretend ther Niners dont even exist. Typical half-assed Niner fans that Ive become accustomed to over the years.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Originally posted by ZRF80:

Q.F.M.F'N.T
Share 49ersWebzone