There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We Need to calm down: Qb's with no TD's

  • carl
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,754
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Guys can you please calm down and relax. It is preseason, Hill hasn't done anything to lose his job in a game that counts. He still gives us the best chance to win right now.

ROFL

So you're new around these parts eh?
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Smtih could very well be the starter at some point in the season if Hill fails to produce.

The way the pass protection looks I think anyone who plays QB is going to take a beating and that all of our QBs on the roster are going to see time this year.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
its completely legit to be frustrated with Hill. He has looked like crap. No one has problems saying how bad Smith is.

Plus it doesn't really matter, our qb for next year is either Davis or someone who hasn't been drafted yet.

I agree. Qbs next year 1# COLT MCCOY 2# Shaun Hill 3# Nate Davis

i agree...Colt davis and hill .......
everyone was so happy with what Shaun Hill did last year after he replaced JTO. All that love has turned to hate now. I don't get it
Our quarterbacks are going to get pancaked all year if the line doesn't improve their pass protection.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
everyone was so happy with what Shaun Hill did last year after he replaced JTO. All that love has turned to hate now. I don't get it

Well, I mean if 4 meaningless preseason games are enough to anoint Nate Davis as the next coming, it's enough to throw Shaun Hill under the bus.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Method:
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

And just to go down your list really quickly:

Jason Campbell 41 pass attempts
Jake Delhomme 36 pass attempts
Trent Edwards 38 pass attempts
Ben Roethlisberger 26 pass attempts
KURT WARNER 46 pass attempts
Shaun Hill 30 pass attempts
Brady Quin 35 pass attempts

Jason Campbell - 2 touchdown drives vs. Patriots
Jake Delhomme - 1 td drive vs dolphins
Trent Edwards - 0 tds (yay found one)
Ben Roethlisberger - 1 td drive vs redskins, 2 td drives vs bills


... and im tired of this lol


You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

Don't throw facts at him, most likely he will ignore it.

If you are going to try to convince me that Shaun Hill has looked good this preseason, you are fooling yourself.

All the Hill lovers, go back and watch the highlight of that 2nd Cardinals game in 2008. Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty.

I'm not saying Hill is garbage, but he's been built up on this forum to ridiculous heights. He is not that good.
LMAO, this is the same nonsense that's going on at the cardinals message board here:

Should We Be Worried? (Cardinals MB)
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Method:
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

And just to go down your list really quickly:

Jason Campbell 41 pass attempts
Jake Delhomme 36 pass attempts
Trent Edwards 38 pass attempts
Ben Roethlisberger 26 pass attempts
KURT WARNER 46 pass attempts
Shaun Hill 30 pass attempts
Brady Quin 35 pass attempts

Jason Campbell - 2 touchdown drives vs. Patriots
Jake Delhomme - 1 td drive vs dolphins
Trent Edwards - 0 tds (yay found one)
Ben Roethlisberger - 1 td drive vs redskins, 2 td drives vs bills


... and im tired of this lol


You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

Don't throw facts at him, most likely he will ignore it.

If you are going to try to convince me that Shaun Hill has looked good this preseason, you are fooling yourself.

All the Hill lovers, go back and watch the highlight of that 2nd Cardinals game in 2008. Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty.

I'm not saying Hill is garbage, but he's been built up on this forum to ridiculous heights. He is not that good.

"Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty"

Guess what, genius, those don't count as interceptions. We should go through all games and look at things that penalties overturned and apply them to the game. That would make the most sense.
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Method:
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

And just to go down your list really quickly:

Jason Campbell 41 pass attempts
Jake Delhomme 36 pass attempts
Trent Edwards 38 pass attempts
Ben Roethlisberger 26 pass attempts
KURT WARNER 46 pass attempts
Shaun Hill 30 pass attempts
Brady Quin 35 pass attempts

Jason Campbell - 2 touchdown drives vs. Patriots
Jake Delhomme - 1 td drive vs dolphins
Trent Edwards - 0 tds (yay found one)
Ben Roethlisberger - 1 td drive vs redskins, 2 td drives vs bills


... and im tired of this lol


You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

Don't throw facts at him, most likely he will ignore it.

If you are going to try to convince me that Shaun Hill has looked good this preseason, you are fooling yourself.

All the Hill lovers, go back and watch the highlight of that 2nd Cardinals game in 2008. Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty.

I'm not saying Hill is garbage, but he's been built up on this forum to ridiculous heights. He is not that good.

"Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty"

Guess what, genius, those don't count as interceptions. We should go through all games and look at things that penalties overturned and apply them to the game. That would make the most sense.

Guess what genius? He still threw the ball to the other team, and I believe at least one of those penalty-picks was returned for a TD.

Take your blinders off. s**t, watch the 2nd Rams game from last season, then watch the Dallas game. Hill is not that good.
Originally posted by Winners:
LMAO, this is the same nonsense that's going on at the cardinals message board here:

Should We Be Worried? (Cardinals MB)

Fans are fans everywhere and they all pretty much think alike.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by Winners:
LMAO, this is the same nonsense that's going on at the cardinals message board here:

Should We Be Worried? (Cardinals MB)

Fans are fans everywhere and they all pretty much think alike.

Well that's cause they look like s**t too. They know it. That Packers game was embarrassing.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Method:
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

And just to go down your list really quickly:

Jason Campbell 41 pass attempts
Jake Delhomme 36 pass attempts
Trent Edwards 38 pass attempts
Ben Roethlisberger 26 pass attempts
KURT WARNER 46 pass attempts
Shaun Hill 30 pass attempts
Brady Quin 35 pass attempts

Jason Campbell - 2 touchdown drives vs. Patriots
Jake Delhomme - 1 td drive vs dolphins
Trent Edwards - 0 tds (yay found one)
Ben Roethlisberger - 1 td drive vs redskins, 2 td drives vs bills


... and im tired of this lol


You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

Don't throw facts at him, most likely he will ignore it.

If you are going to try to convince me that Shaun Hill has looked good this preseason, you are fooling yourself.

All the Hill lovers, go back and watch the highlight of that 2nd Cardinals game in 2008. Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty.

I'm not saying Hill is garbage, but he's been built up on this forum to ridiculous heights. He is not that good.

"Yeah he led us back, but he threw a ton of picks, many that were called back due to penalty"

Guess what, genius, those don't count as interceptions. We should go through all games and look at things that penalties overturned and apply them to the game. That would make the most sense.

Guess what genius? He still threw the ball to the other team, and I believe at least one of those penalty-picks was returned for a TD.

Take your blinders off. s**t, watch the 2nd Rams game from last season, then watch the Dallas game. Hill is not that good.

You might want to capitalize the word "s**t," in a sentence you use the word "genius."
Originally posted by GoNiners:
everyone was so happy with what Shaun Hill did last year after he replaced JTO. All that love has turned to hate now. I don't get it

no matter how illogical it maybe everyone LOVES the backup quarterback.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Excuse my paranoia, but after 6 consecutive losing seasons I'm a little skeptical about a turn around, particularly when it looks like the same o'l same o'l. Not only has Hill not thrown a TD, he has looked completely ineffective. His best drive actually looks more accidental than skillful.

Please don't tell me its preason, because other teams that are legit look just fine. While were at it you might as well throw in the pass rush. Where is it? Every other team we are playing seems to have one. Are we really the only team "not showing our blitz packages?" I doubt it. Even when we bring multipul guys we aren't getting pressure.

Oh yeah, we still dont have a solid RT. We are in trouble. I would take Kwame over Simms any day of the week. At this point Kwame would probably play for a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

After watching 4 preseason games in detail, I can't help but think the Sky IS FALLING. And if you dont believe me just ask Nate Clements....

hate to say it but i kind of agree with you