There are 252 users in the forums

We Need to calm down: Qb's with no TD's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everyone is going crazy and worried about our first team offense.

"OMG...HILL SUCKS..ZERO TD'S.."

"Hill is horrible, put DAVIS IN"

etc...

etc.

Guys can you please calm down and relax. It is preseason, Hill hasn't done anything to lose his job in a game that counts. He still gives us the best chance to win right now.

Look at this list:

QB's who are slated to start week 1 ..without a TD pass in the pre-season*(hint its not only shaun Hill):

Jason Campbell 41 pass attempts
Jake Delhomme 36 pass attempts
Trent Edwards 38 pass attempts
Ben Roethlisberger 26 pass attempts
KURT WARNER 46 pass attempts
Shaun Hill 30 pass attempts
Brady Quin 35 pass attempts

^We are completely overreacting, and the above DATA proves that all of you guys need to calm down and stop panicing, until the season starts and we see what goes down.

CASE CLOSED

- FARO

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Sep 5, 2009 at 01:00:06 ]
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

And just to go down your list really quickly:

Jason Campbell - 2 touchdown drives vs. Patriots
Jake Delhomme - 1 td drive vs dolphins
Trent Edwards - 0 tds (yay found one)
Ben Roethlisberger - 1 td drive vs redskins, 2 td drives vs bills

... and im tired of this lol
its completely legit to be frustrated with Hill. He has looked like crap. No one has problems saying how bad Smith is.

Plus it doesn't really matter, our qb for next year is either Davis or someone who hasn't been drafted yet.
Originally posted by Method:
It's not the TD pass that upsets me, it's just the fact that he hasn't led a drive for a TD the entire Preseason. I think that's a reasonable complaint for any fan.

You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Sep 5, 2009 at 01:59:45 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
its completely legit to be frustrated with Hill. He has looked like crap. No one has problems saying how bad Smith is.

Plus it doesn't really matter, our qb for next year is either Davis or someone who hasn't been drafted yet.

I agree. Qbs next year 1# COLT MCCOY 2# Shaun Hill 3# Nate Davis

owned
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Angryninerfan:
owned

Mature internet response...
I just want him to come out week 1 & get going against the Cardinals very quickly!
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

You went in detail with the other Qb's statistical categories, but didn't dig deep into Shaun Hills stats:

Shaun Hill like i said threw 30 passes, completed 17 of them. 9 of the 17 passes he completed were for 1st downs. His Longest pass play was a total of 23 yards. He only is Averaging exactly 7.5 passes a game. How can he get any rythm to drive the team on 7-8 passes each game??? Continuing, Shaun Hill is averaging 8 pass attempts, but has been sacked a total of 5 TIMES, and rushed or knocked down a total of 10 times. So 10 of his 30 pass attempts he has been rushed or nearly hit, and 5 times he has been sacked. So is it really a QB issue, or more of an OLINE ISSUE! My point is, before we point the blame on 1 person, lets look at all the surrounding players!

Had to get back at you with detailed statistics..HAHA

Don't throw facts at him, most likely he will ignore it.
so can we start calling people Hill apologists? :)

Excuse my paranoia, but after 6 consecutive losing seasons I'm a little skeptical about a turn around, particularly when it looks like the same o'l same o'l. Not only has Hill not thrown a TD, he has looked completely ineffective. His best drive actually looks more accidental than skillful.

Please don't tell me its preason, because other teams that are legit look just fine. While were at it you might as well throw in the pass rush. Where is it? Every other team we are playing seems to have one. Are we really the only team "not showing our blitz packages?" I doubt it. Even when we bring multipul guys we aren't getting pressure.

Oh yeah, we still dont have a solid RT. We are in trouble. I would take Kwame over Simms any day of the week. At this point Kwame would probably play for a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

After watching 4 preseason games in detail, I can't help but think the Sky IS FALLING. And if you dont believe me just ask Nate Clements....
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:
owned

[ Edited by Angryninerfan on Sep 5, 2009 at 08:46:39 ]
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:
owned

Smtih could very well be the starter at some point in the season if Hill fails to produce.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

I agree. Qbs next year 1# COLT MCCOY 2# Shaun Hill 3# Nate Davis

I don't see Davis being a #3 next year.
Share 49ersWebzone