There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by AkNiners:
WTF Is Scotty Mac thinking right now?

What does he have to do with the players playing or not playing? They have stated numerous times that the coaches make that decision.

I know, I'm just wondering what his reaction to having sing cut his third rd. pick from two years ago will be.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Its Sullivan's fault he has favorites... and he likes to pick who are the WR that join the team. Remember when it was leaked that some of the staff was upset that Brandon Jones was signed? I bet its that a-hole Sullivan. He likes to influence the coaches IMO about the WR and stuff and I hope Sing sees pass that and makes his own decision.

Ànother reason why we should've kept Martz. He showed that he was willing to overrule Sullivan.

Or does anyone think that, had it been Sullivan's call we would have seen that heavy dose of Morgan/Hill/Zeigler we saw at the end of last season?

Sullivan seems like he's a control freak. He wants every receiver to learn things his way, and if they don't, he puts them in the dog house. They stop getting reps and Sullivan probably talks up the brown nosers while putting down the guys not totally with his program, regardless of the talent of that player.

The All-Sullivan Team aka Brown Nosers - Taylor Jacobs, Arnaz Battle, Bryan Gilmore, Dominique Zeigler, Curtis Conway, Johnny Morton

Sullivan's Dog House - Ashley Lelie, Antonio Bryant, Jason Hill

I gotta agree. This is becoming a pattern for sullivan of alienating a receiver because he has his guy he wants to succeed. So if Hill gets cut and Spurlorck or Zeigler make the roster instead would they be considered Suiiy guys? I like Jason and I agree he hasn't had the oppurtunities this preseason. That said he is behind Bruce,Battle and Morgan on the depth chart and if Crabtree signs will most likely be behind him too.
Supposedly zeigler and spurlock have been cut. jason hill should be safe!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I think Jason Hill has talent and like the commentators were saying, he did make a lot of plays at the end of last season. Shaun Hill seemed to like him as a target. I hope he makes the roster and gets a fair shot at cracking the starting line up.

Bruce
Morgan
Hill
Battle
Spurlock

Brandon Jones is injured
Crabtree... well, we don't know what's going to happen with him so we need to work with what we've got.
Keeping Hill makes sense.

Isaac Bruce is in his final year, and may even slow down during the season. You never know when a guy gets to that age.

Morgan will make the team and so will Battle though his injury history works to Hill's advantage.

With Zeigler injured he seems destined for the PS.

That makes Spurlock and Hill 4 and 5. Until Jones and Crabtree are healthy/signed, there is no reason NOT to keep Hill on the roster. That leaves the team with only 5 WRs to start the season.
He's feeling under appreciated. He's productive when given the opportunity. I really hope he isn't cut.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Its Sullivan's fault he has favorites... and he likes to pick who are the WR that join the team. Remember when it was leaked that some of the staff was upset that Brandon Jones was signed? I bet its that a-hole Sullivan. He likes to influence the coaches IMO about the WR and stuff and I hope Sing sees pass that and makes his own decision.

Ànother reason why we should've kept Martz. He showed that he was willing to overrule Sullivan.

Or does anyone think that, had it been Sullivan's call we would have seen that heavy dose of Morgan/Hill/Zeigler we saw at the end of last season?

Sullivan seems like he's a control freak. He wants every receiver to learn things his way, and if they don't, he puts them in the dog house. They stop getting reps and Sullivan probably talks up the brown nosers while putting down the guys not totally with his program, regardless of the talent of that player.

The All-Sullivan Team aka Brown Nosers - Taylor Jacobs, Arnaz Battle, Bryan Gilmore, Dominique Zeigler, Curtis Conway, Johnny Morton

I gotta agree. This is becoming a pattern for sullivan of alienating a receiver because he has his guy he wants to succeed. So if Hill gets cut and Spurlorck or Zeigler make the roster instead would they be considered Suiiy guys? I like Jason and I agree he hasn't had the oppurtunities this preseason. That said he is behind Bruce,Battle and Morgan on the depth chart and if Crabtree signs will most likely be behind him too.

Do you have a link or are you just assuming ? Maybe those players who see little to no PT is because said players run sloppy/poor routes and have not shown a great work ethic on and off the field ? You have to earn PT not have it handed to you based on draft or contract status.

The OC & HC stand on the same field as Sully and they have their own 2 eyes, obviously if guys aren't getting the opportunities they feel they deserve it is not all on Sully. If guys aren't running precise routes or if they aren't working hard off the field then why should Sully be pushing the OC & HC to give them more reps ?

Everyone wants to hate on Sully yet they simply assume. If you have no facts to support your claims you should be weary of who your blaming because you may just be blaming the wrong guy/s.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Do you have a link or are you just assuming ? Maybe those players who see little to no PT is because said players run sloppy/poor routes and have not shown a great work ethic on and off the field ? You have to earn PT not have it handed to you based on draft or contract status.

So under your/Sullivan's logic, a player like Randy Moss would not get reps because he ran sloppy/poor routes and lacked a great work ethic? Ashley Lelie had over 1000 yards with the Broncos, but the combination of Sullivan, Hostler and Nolan let him play in 3 games. Out of his 10 receptions, one went for 47 yards, which was one of the longest plays of the season. Singletary and Scotty should've fired Sullivan along with Nolan and Martz.

No link. I'm going by what I have read in the past. There was the Lelie situation where Lelie was completely healthy and he refused to play him. He plays Taylor Jacobs and we go out of our way to resign Brian Gilmore and start each of them over Lelie? Both of them end up being total flops. I'm just questioning Sullivan's judgement at this point. Hill showed at the end of last season that when given the reps he can produce but throughout this whole preseason he hasn't had much oppurtunities.

So under your/Sullivan's logic, a player like Randy Moss would not get reps because he ran sloppy/poor routes and lacked a great work ethic? Ashley Lelie had over 1000 yards with the Broncos, but the combination of Sullivan, Hostler and Nolan let him play in 3 games. Out of his 10 receptions, one went for 47 yards, which was one of the longest plays of the season. Singletary and Scotty should've fired Sullivan along with Nolan and Martz.

How much time did Lelie spend on the sidelines nursing injuries while here ? Do you know how well he digested the playbook ?

And how well has he done since he left here ? Yeah we should have kept his sorry ass

And yes players who run sloppy or poor routes and lack great work ethics tend to pick splinters out of their ass on Sunday's as opposed to stepping on the field. If you want to be out there on the field then put in the effort and or the extra effort.

The OC & HC stand on the same field as Sully and they have their own 2 eyes, obviously if guys aren't getting the opportunities they feel they deserve it is not all on Sully. If guys aren't running precise routes or if they aren't working hard off the field then why should Sully be pushing the OC & HC to give them more reps ?

Everyone wants to hate on Sully yet they simply assume. If you have no facts to support your claims you should be weary of who your blaming because you may just be blaming the wrong guy/s.

I do have facts. How about this blog post by Barrows right after we hired Martz:

Question: Who is the odd man out at WR? The intuitive response would be Ashley Lelie, but logically, out of all the receivers on the roster, Arnaz Battle's skills seem the most ill suited for Martz's offense. Although Lelie will probably never be a #1 receiver, if used correctly he has more value than Battle. For example, Battle's top attribute is his blocking, but this proficiency is negated when his lack of deep speed allows a safety to play in the box. Lelie's speed forces that safety to play out of the box, effectively occupying two men to Battle's one.
Terry, Davis

Answer: (Terry wrote this before the Darrell Jackson news but it's still an interesting question). One thing I've learned over the past five seasons: Never bet against Arnaz Battle. The guy is like a tick. You can't kill him. He's out-survived plenty of bigger-named receivers and I expect he'll do the same in 2008. As for Lelie ... If the 49ers are already cleaning house (see: jackson, Darrell) and haven't gotten rid of Lelie, who had a hard time satisfying the Gatekeeper last year, you only can conclude that Martz and co. think Lelie has potential in the offense.
- Matt

LINK

"Gatekeeper"! Get it?

[ Edited by Brazilian49er on Sep 5, 2009 at 14:34:23 ]

No link. I'm going by what I have read in the past. There was the Lelie situation where Lelie was completely healthy and he refused to play him. He plays Taylor Jacobs and we go out of our way to resign Brian Gilmore and start each of them over Lelie? Both of them end up being total flops. I'm just questioning Sullivan's judgement at this point. Hill showed at the end of last season that when given the reps he can produce but throughout this whole preseason he hasn't had much oppurtunities.

Sullivan was not the OC or HC so at the end of the day he had input but it was not his final call to play those guys over Lelie.

FWIW Lelie has been a total flop since he left us so what makes one believe he would have lit it up ?

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Sep 5, 2009 at 14:34:04 ]

I do have facts. How about this blog post by Barrows right after we hired Martz:

Question: Who is the odd man out at WR? The intuitive response would be Ashley Lelie, but logically, out of all the receivers on the roster, Arnaz Battle's skills seem the most ill suited for Martz's offense. Although Lelie will probably never be a #1 receiver, if used correctly he has more value than Battle. For example, Battle's top attribute is his blocking, but this proficiency is negated when his lack of deep speed allows a safety to play in the box. Lelie's speed forces that safety to play out of the box, effectively occupying two men to Battle's one.
Terry, Davis

Answer: (Terry wrote this before the Darrell Jackson news but it's still an interesting question). One thing I've learned over the past five seasons: Never bet against Arnaz Battle. The guy is like a tick. You can't kill him. He's out-survived plenty of bigger-named receivers and I expect he'll do the same in 2008. As for Lelie ... If the 49ers are already cleaning house (see: jackson, Darrell) and haven't gotten rid of Lelie, who had a hard time satisfying the Gatekeeper last year, you only can conclude that Martz and co. think Lelie has potential in the offense.
- Matt

LINK

"Gatekeeper"! Get it?

Harlfy fact seeing as it's speculation from a BEAT WRITER. Nothing against Barrows however none of that is FACT.

Terry, Davis

- Matt

LINK

"Gatekeeper"! Get it?

Harlfy fact seeing as it's speculation from a BEAT WRITER. Nothing against Barrows however none of that is FACT.

Fair enough. However, given that those guys pratically LIVE in the 49ers, everything points to him being right.

Plus, think about this: beat writers usually avoid getting into confrontation with players or coaches, so for him to make an insinuation like that, he must have known something, don't you think?
He's on the team. I hope he gets some playing time now.