There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

Originally posted by AkNiners:
WTF Is Scotty Mac thinking right now?

What does he have to do with the players playing or not playing? They have stated numerous times that the coaches make that decision.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Its Sullivan's fault he has favorites... and he likes to pick who are the WR that join the team. Remember when it was leaked that some of the staff was upset that Brandon Jones was signed? I bet its that a-hole Sullivan. He likes to influence the coaches IMO about the WR and stuff and I hope Sing sees pass that and makes his own decision.

Ă€nother reason why we should've kept Martz. He showed that he was willing to overrule Sullivan.

Or does anyone think that, had it been Sullivan's call we would have seen that heavy dose of Morgan/Hill/Zeigler we saw at the end of last season?
Im kind of surprised he is so down the depth chart. He had a pretty good season last year. I do think he is better then Spurlock as a WR, however Sprulock is more versatile.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
wow the way people are reacting youd think Hill is the missing link to push us over the top. If this is the reaction just based on speculation its gonna be hilarious to see what happens if he gets cut lol.

but lets add somthing meaningful to this thread. lets see whos ahead of Hill/Spurlock.

Bruce
Morgan
Jones
Battle
Hill/Spurlock or both stay?

Either way 1) were a running team. 2) even if he makes the team hes teh fifth WR. even with Jones out Battle will get the call in the slot. Again he wont exactly be making that big a difference. and if Crabtree signs he gets pushed even further down. I know folks have a soft spot for him but Fire Sing for cutting Hill??? seriously?

we don't need him in every play...but I think Shaun would love it if Jason came in on 3rd and longs....Jason is a pretty reliable receiver on 3rd downs.... we can use that, even if we are a running team.....also, Jason is a pretty good blocker (showed that again last night). He also did great on special teams....helped Spurlock for a great return yesterday.

I would rather Hill make the team over these players...

Micheal Robinson
Allen Rossum
Eric Green
Ziegler
Spurlock

and hell I would rather have our Long Snapper Brian Jennings get more time at TE and save a roster spot by not keeping Pascoe or that rookie on the active roster...Practice squad fine.

I thought I read some where that the best 53 players would make the team.

With the logjam at reciever in front of him its not like he would be the 3rd reciever in. I think shaun trusts Battle a lot more and when Jones comes back hell be playing almost exclusively out of the slot on third downs. and this is without Crabtree. So at this point Hill would come in due to injury to one of the top two or three if he makes the squad. His primary role willbe on ST.

i want to hit up ur list of guys who ud rather get cut first.

Robinson: This guy is a probowler at ST. you dont cut that kinda guy for a 5th WR just because guys have a soft spot. Robinson is def one of the bet 53/

Rossum: Hill isnt a return man. only guy really any good at this spot is Rossum so no can do on Rossum.

Eric Green: the guy is just a body. I Highly highly doubt hes gonna make the roster.

Zieg: injury, hes out so hill not going up against him.

Spurlock: Everytime this guy has an opportunity hes made a play. just like Hill. Just becase Hill is a hometown boy everyon seems to jump on his side. (me included at first..i mean who doesnt want a player whos been a fan). but if you look at it objectively Spurlock can return, run the wildcat, be a reliable reciever. Why does that not warrent respect? shouldnt a player like that be wanted on the team?

oh and about Jennings. I love that guy. hes probably one of my top 3 niners today. but we dont know how good a blocker Jennings is. or how good a reciever he is. Hes a probowler at his spot. leave him there. Get one o these younger guys to develop em.
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
wow the way people are reacting youd think Hill is the missing link to push us over the top. If this is the reaction just based on speculation its gonna be hilarious to see what happens if he gets cut lol.

but lets add somthing meaningful to this thread. lets see whos ahead of Hill/Spurlock.

Bruce
Morgan
Jones
Battle

Either way 1) were a running team. 2) even if he makes the team hes teh fifth WR. even with Jones out Battle will get the call in the slot. Again he wont exactly be making that big a difference. and if Crabtree signs he gets pushed even further down. I know folks have a soft spot for him but Fire Sing for cutting Hill??? seriously?

Firing Sing not ruthless enough for ya?

But you're right. We need 6 and it seems to me the odd man out is Zeigler. He has practice squad eligibility and he's the weakest(literal) link in the receiving corps. Getting hurt never help.

I dont think Sing would let them fire him. "Well go out there and hit em in the mouth!!" Jeds gon b too scared to lol.. but i agree Zieg is out. and even if he was healthy hes never done anything in practice or in games to warrent anything. either way he wouldve been on the PS.
If Jason Hill has to go.... the 9ers better at least get a draft pick for him because he clearly has "trade value".

But I think he makes this team.
Maybe it's hard to evaluate receivers when you have crappy QBs.
Originally posted by Method:
What a bunch of bulls**t. If he gets cut this will have to be the worst off season in a long motherf**king time.

1st round pick isn't going to sign.

No 2nd round pick.

Jason Hill gets cut.

Absolutely no meaningful additions to the roster offensively or defensively.

Wow what a joke. We f**king suck.

Method why don't you just tell us what's really on your mind?

All sarcasm aside, I tend to agree with you. I don't really fault the FO for pulling the trigger on Crabtree, I mean who would've predicted this circus other than Crabtree, the bail-bonds-man/advisor/cousin and Parker oh yeah and Primetime? The football Gods have chosen the 9ers as their team of choice for crapping on for the time being. Yay, we're the new Bengals or maybe we just switched places with the Tards.

It's obvious from Hill's comments that he thinks he's more than likely on the bubble and is getting a--rammed when it comes to getting reps.

The wreckless nature of his comments seem more by design than thoughtlessness. I'm sure he's concerned that even if he does stay he'll get cut when the Diva signs. The same Diva who has stayed home while he's busted his ass through "the toughest camp ever". (which now we see really hasn't improved this team by any measurable means but instead has just made a lot of mediocre players tired mediocre players but that's fodder for another thread discussion I guess) That's a tough pill to swallow. Who wants to make the team just to get cut whenever Crabtree signs and then be scrambling to try and land on another team for the rest of the season? I'm guessing not him.

Sh-t rolls down hill (no pun intended) and at the top of that hill sits Sullivan.
i dont blame him for being pissed. this guy turned it on last year when they actually threw a few passes his way. i would be pissed to see jason hill get cut
I actually agree with ruthless49er.

Hill is going to be down in the depth chart and when Crabtree () and Jones come into things, he's going to be getting no playin time.

Bottom line is that you're 3rd team RB/WR/DB/LB you have to be a good special teamer because you're not going to be seeing much field action unless a rash of injuries occur.

As much as we all love Hill, him playing with the 3rd team all preseason is not a good sign at all.

-9fA
What will it take to finally get rid of Battle. This guy is so mediocre it's embarrassing that he keeps finding a way to keep his job.
Originally posted by Hopper:
What will it take to finally get rid of Battle. This guy is so mediocre it's embarrassing that he keeps finding a way to keep his job.

it cause he continues to make good clutch plays on the field!!!!!

Bruce
Morgan
Jones
Battle

we don't need him in every play...but I think Shaun would love it if Jason came in on 3rd and longs....Jason is a pretty reliable receiver on 3rd downs.... we can use that, even if we are a running team.....also, Jason is a pretty good blocker (showed that again last night). He also did great on special teams....helped Spurlock for a great return yesterday.

Micheal Robinson
Allen Rossum
Eric Green
Ziegler
Spurlock

and hell I would rather have our Long Snapper Brian Jennings get more time at TE and save a roster spot by not keeping Pascoe or that rookie on the active roster...Practice squad fine.

With the logjam at reciever in front of him its not like he would be the 3rd reciever in. I think shaun trusts Battle a lot more and when Jones comes back hell be playing almost exclusively out of the slot on third downs. and this is without Crabtree. So at this point Hill would come in due to injury to one of the top two or three if he makes the squad. His primary role willbe on ST.

Robinson: This guy is a probowler at ST. you dont cut that kinda guy for a 5th WR just because guys have a soft spot. Robinson is def one of the bet 53/

Rossum: Hill isnt a return man. only guy really any good at this spot is Rossum so no can do on Rossum.

Eric Green: the guy is just a body. I Highly highly doubt hes gonna make the roster.

Spurlock: Everytime this guy has an opportunity hes made a play. just like Hill. Just becase Hill is a hometown boy everyon seems to jump on his side. (me included at first..i mean who doesnt want a player whos been a fan). but if you look at it objectively Spurlock can return, run the wildcat, be a reliable receiver. Why does that not warrent respect? shouldnt a player like that be wanted on the team?

oh and about Jennings. I love that guy. hes probably one of my top 3 niners today. but we dont know how good a blocker Jennings is. or how good a receiver he is. Hes a probowler at his spot. leave him there. Get one o these younger guys to develop em.

I think Spurlock can take over for Rossum on Special Teams.... as far as Robinson...he has wiffed on a few pass blocking assignments this preseason. I believe someone can step up and replace his services on ST....like maybe Curtis Taylor or Delanie Walker.

and to be honest, I don't think Crabtree will sign this year.....and we don't know about Brandon Jones health after he gets back....as well as Battle...but we do know that Jason Hill has been healthy this year and has made plays in all of his opportunities...

Bruce
Morgan
Jones
Battle

Micheal Robinson
Allen Rossum
Eric Green
Ziegler
Spurlock

Spurlock: Everytime this guy has an opportunity hes made a play. just like Hill. Just becase Hill is a hometown boy everyon seems to jump on his side. (me included at first..i mean who doesnt want a player whos been a fan). but if you look at it objectively Spurlock can return, run the wildcat, be a reliable receiver. Why does that not warrent respect? shouldnt a player like that be wanted on the team?

oh and about Jennings. I love that guy. hes probably one of my top 3 niners today. but we dont know how good a blocker Jennings is. or how good a receiver he is. Hes a probowler at his spot. leave him there. Get one o these younger guys to develop em.

I think Spurlock can take over for Rossum on Special Teams.... as far as Robinson...he has wiffed on a few pass blocking assignments this preseason. I believe someone can step up and replace his services on ST....like maybe Curtis Taylor or Delanie Walker.

and to be honest, I don't think Crabtree will sign this year.....and we don't know about Brandon Jones health after he gets back....as well as Battle...but we do know that Jason Hill has been healthy this year and has made plays in all of his opportunities...

At this point i think Rossum is the better Return man. Spurlock does have versatility but at the pure Return game i dont think hes beaten out Rossum.
Robinson will no be that easy to replace n ST. and Delanie has been around for a while...he hasnt gotten to Robinson's level. I actualy thought Robsinson played quite well this preseason. either way niether Curtis Taylor nor Delanie is taking his place on the roster.

about the WR situation. Even if Crabs doesnt sign Hill is way down teh list. Jones and battle do have injury concerns...but so does Hill. You do remember that hamstring that kept him out of workouts? and last year? and the year b4? Hill has jjust as many injury concerns which i think is one o the biggest reasons hes been slowed in progress.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Its Sullivan's fault he has favorites... and he likes to pick who are the WR that join the team. Remember when it was leaked that some of the staff was upset that Brandon Jones was signed? I bet its that a-hole Sullivan. He likes to influence the coaches IMO about the WR and stuff and I hope Sing sees pass that and makes his own decision.

Ă€nother reason why we should've kept Martz. He showed that he was willing to overrule Sullivan.

Or does anyone think that, had it been Sullivan's call we would have seen that heavy dose of Morgan/Hill/Zeigler we saw at the end of last season?

Sullivan seems like he's a control freak. He wants every receiver to learn things his way, and if they don't, he puts them in the dog house. They stop getting reps and Sullivan probably talks up the brown nosers while putting down the guys not totally with his program, regardless of the talent of that player.

The All-Sullivan Team aka Brown Nosers - Taylor Jacobs, Arnaz Battle, Bryan Gilmore, Dominique Zeigler, Curtis Conway, Johnny Morton

Sullivan's Dog House - Ashley Lelie, Antonio Bryant, Jason Hill
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home