There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by 915Niner915:
dude ND is not ready to play against 1st string D's. Let the guy develop, let him stay in that 3rd role. I personally cant wait for the season to start IMO. Hill had like 13-8 TD/INT from half a season? Play the whole and double 26-16 and 3k + yrds? Idk lol

double his stats over 16 games?

32 games MAYBE, but not 16. You WERE paying attention to what Hill was... Errrrr WASN'T able to do were you not?

~Ceadder

Ceaddar, your man love with Smith is very transparent. The things errr Hill can't do are still better than the things Alex can do. Alex can't do anything and offers nothing. And by doubling his stats he probably meant that if Hill had 13 TD and 8 int in half a season. Double that for a whole season and that is what he is looking forward to. Pretty straight forward, no?

ALex Smith should be QB 3 at the very best. PErsonally I don't even think he belongs in the NFL. Have him play up there in Americas Hat, AKA Canada.

Mmmmm'kay Shaun is just so much better than Smith. Then he should have shown that TODAY, but from all accounts that I have seen Shaun was just flat. No Gore no Win. Isn't that the same thing that people were saying about Smith? I'll give Hill time, but he's on a short leash imho. If he looks flat against ST. LOUIS who got blown out today by Sheattle then I'm all for yanking the plug on him. Even if it's DURING the game.

There is no room for error based on the schedule that we have. I mean honestly folks we play half our division schedule in the 1st 4 weeks. We got LUCKY beating Arizona today.

~Ceadder

Ummm, Hill is better than Smith. Its 2009 bro, not 2005. Stop clinging to his useless c*ck. Can't blame Hill today on our "lucky" win...blame our blind dedication to the run after it was evident that it wasn't working.

Ummmmm what?!?

How can you NOT blame Hill? I mean let's be honest for a moment shall we? If Hill had HALF the talent that you believe he does then don't you think at all that we just MIGHT not have stuck with something that as you say WASN'T working?

I'm not going to take offense to you myopic thought process that I'm clinging to anything btw. It's not that I do not like Hill. I've been saying this since LAST YEAR that Hill is not the guy. Other people who BACK him have even stated similar things.

If your intent by suggesting that I swing from vines is to get me riled you failed miserably. I want the BEST guy under Center. So far it's looking like Hill is not THAT guy. Now whether it's Alex or Nate, remains to be seen. But Hill has the chance to step up and change my opinion of him as well as those who believe as I do.

And I stand by my opinion that if he's flat against St. Louis a team that got BLANKED and scored on at will today, then he must be removed. Seems to me though that it's not me that's swinging from a vine.

~Ceadder

Dude you're so ridiculous that you don't even warrant a response.
  • kirkfiege
  • Info N/A
Nate Davis number two is incredibly, incredibly ridiculous at this point and it shows that a lot of you have no true football knowledge.

Preseason play against vanilla defenses filled with third stringers? An ineffective fourth game? A learning disability that requires patience?

And for the record Alex Smith has a lot of physical talent.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
dude ND is not ready to play against 1st string D's. Let the guy develop, let him stay in that 3rd role. I personally cant wait for the season to start IMO. Hill had like 13-8 TD/INT from half a season? Play the whole and double 26-16 and 3k + yrds? Idk lol

32 games MAYBE, but not 16. You WERE paying attention to what Hill was... Errrrr WASN'T able to do were you not?

~Ceadder

Ceaddar, your man love with Smith is very transparent. The things errr Hill can't do are still better than the things Alex can do. Alex can't do anything and offers nothing. And by doubling his stats he probably meant that if Hill had 13 TD and 8 int in half a season. Double that for a whole season and that is what he is looking forward to. Pretty straight forward, no?

ALex Smith should be QB 3 at the very best. PErsonally I don't even think he belongs in the NFL. Have him play up there in Americas Hat, AKA Canada.

Mmmmm'kay Shaun is just so much better than Smith. Then he should have shown that TODAY, but from all accounts that I have seen Shaun was just flat. No Gore no Win. Isn't that the same thing that people were saying about Smith? I'll give Hill time, but he's on a short leash imho. If he looks flat against ST. LOUIS who got blown out today by Sheattle then I'm all for yanking the plug on him. Even if it's DURING the game.

There is no room for error based on the schedule that we have. I mean honestly folks we play half our division schedule in the 1st 4 weeks. We got LUCKY beating Arizona today.

~Ceadder

Ummm, Hill is better than Smith. Its 2009 bro, not 2005. Stop clinging to his useless c*ck. Can't blame Hill today on our "lucky" win...blame our blind dedication to the run after it was evident that it wasn't working.

Ummmmm what?!?

How can you NOT blame Hill? I mean let's be honest for a moment shall we? If Hill had HALF the talent that you believe he does then don't you think at all that we just MIGHT not have stuck with something that as you say WASN'T working?

I'm not going to take offense to you myopic thought process that I'm clinging to anything btw. It's not that I do not like Hill. I've been saying this since LAST YEAR that Hill is not the guy. Other people who BACK him have even stated similar things.

If your intent by suggesting that I swing from vines is to get me riled you failed miserably. I want the BEST guy under Center. So far it's looking like Hill is not THAT guy. Now whether it's Alex or Nate, remains to be seen. But Hill has the chance to step up and change my opinion of him as well as those who believe as I do.

And I stand by my opinion that if he's flat against St. Louis a team that got BLANKED and scored on at will today, then he must be removed. Seems to me though that it's not me that's swinging from a vine.

~Ceadder

I agree. I obvious can't talk sense into someone who cant get Alex out of his mind.
Yes. And not for long, either.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Ummmmm what?!?

~Ceadder

I agree. I obvious can't talk sense into someone who cant get Alex out of his mind.

...And we play Seattle next week, not St. Louis anywayz lolz. Did someone mention NOT knowing if Alex was the man or not. Lemme just say this, if you have it, you have it. Here are some young QB's that have "it".

Has it:

Ryan, Atlanta
Manning, Giants
Flacco, Baltimore
Sanchez, Jets

...Now we need moreltime to make a judgement on Nate but he has shown some wonderful promise. ALex NEVER showed that promise or that poise and at least in my eyes he definitely doesn't have "it" at the NFL level.

You donm't need to sit forever behind someone to learn. You need to have a decent team surrounding you, sure but a good QB makes the team better as a whole so it goes hand in hand.
hill ftw.... btw..first game of the season and we're seriously debating this?
^^^Name a better time and we'll meet up then.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Ummmmm what?!?

~Ceadder

Mmmmm hmmmm.

And yet you responded anyway.

So it can't be as rediculous as you claim it is.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:43:10 ]

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Ummmmm what?!?

~Ceadder

...And we play Seattle next week, not St. Louis anywayz lolz. Did someone mention NOT knowing if Alex was the man or not. Lemme just say this, if you have it, you have it. Here are some young QB's that have "it".

Has it:

Ryan, Atlanta
Manning, Giants
Flacco, Baltimore
Sanchez, Jets

...Now we need moreltime to make a judgement on Nate but he has shown some wonderful promise. ALex NEVER showed that promise or that poise and at least in my eyes he definitely doesn't have "it" at the NFL level.

You donm't need to sit forever behind someone to learn. You need to have a decent team surrounding you, sure but a good QB makes the team better as a whole so it goes hand in hand.

Point of clarification for the obtuse in the Zone. Please point out WHERE, I stated that we play St. Louis next week.

I stated that if Hill comes out FLAT against St. Louis he should RIGHTFULLY be yanked. You read into it that I believe that we play the SOSAR's next week and it's not even what I said. We play them in week 4. So that should tell YOU that I am giving the man 4 freakin weeks.

I know you guys are much smarter than this, you're 9er fans. Stuff like this I expect from Raitards fans not my own compatriots for pete sake.

Was SUPPOSED to be a competition. FACT.

3 games during preseason. FACT. (Picked after 2)

Smith outperformed Hill. FACT. Hill was EXTREMELY flat in his appearances regardless of snaps taken.

Hill has now carried this trend into the regular season when it matters most. FACT. One decent drive out of 4 quarters is NOTHING to cheer about. Excessive 3 and outs are NOT good. These are FACTS.

But yet Leatha believes that I am not worth responding too. Yet did anyway.

And people keep throwing this Nate Davis to QB2 garbage around like they even truly understand that Nate had his success against 3rd and 4th teamers scratching and clawing to get a spot on their Camp teams. Are you freakin KIDDING ME????

This is the NFTRUCKINL You don't name players to roster spots based on how you FEEL about other players. Works in Madden, not so much for the real thing.

But hey screw it we'll fire Sing and McCloughan and name you guys to their positions. I mean come on already. Use your head for what the Lord intended it instead of a hat rack. Cool?

~Ceadder

Ohhhh yes. "If you have it you have it"

Here's some names that by your standards would NEVER have held the Lombardi over their head.

Jim Plunkett
Troy Aikman
Terry Bradshaw
and our very own QB who wore a [Kick Me] sign...

STEVE YOUNG

But of course you were nowhere around the decision making process and it's a good thing too for all concerned. I can name more QBs' if you wish but I'm sure you get the point. You never know until their careers are over what ANYONE will or will not do.

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:49:09 ]
the kids better than both qb's so why scoot him just in front of alex...... and i dont think hill is even better than smith, but if he is barely. so like i said if hes better than alex his also better than hill.
Originally posted by fan49:
the kids better than both qb's so why scoot him just in front of alex...... and i dont think hill is even better than smith, but if he is barely. so like i said if hes better than alex his also better than hill.

If and when he plays better talent and PROVES himself I would be all for it until then he is no better than QB1 or 2.

~Ceadder
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ya his 9 total yards and the 0 total first downs in the second half against the chargers 3rd team was AMAZING o wait i forgot he lit up the 3rd team of the raiders my bad

It's not all about his stats. Just the way he's playing football, the decisions he's making, the throws he's making, his pocket presence, allllll better than Alex Smith. Alex Smith is a 5 year veteran, Davis is a rookie... Now shouldn't Smith be performing better than Davis???? hmmmmmmmm i would think so.

Alex Smith was drafted number one overall, Nate Davis is a 5th round pick. hmmmmmm isn't a number one overall pick be better than an undrafted journeyman like Shaun Hill, or even a 5th rounder in Nate Davis? hmmmmmmmm

Not to let a little accuracy enter the conversation but Smith has been in the league 4 years , sucked his first year , improved 2nd year played 3 games his third year , and hasn't played since, IMO Davis looks potentially the best of all of them but he's not ready yet and neither is the supporting cast in place to carry an inexperienced qb, as S Hill will prove
hard question to answer.....

how functional is smith......we know how challenged he can be in a new system. off the street free agents with no talent at ALL can beat him out until he finds his "happy" place in the system.

Hell he might not be Functional in this offense until next season.....

ITs very possible that Davis threshold knowledge of the system and comfort level is ALREADY higher then Smiths.....

In a perfect world.... if hill goes down , you put smith in and let him take the beating and let the future of the franchise sit on the bench and learn.

Granted...it looks like Davis is actually hte coolest of them all under pressure....but he is still a rookie....

throwing a pick because you were tricked or confused ...it just the same as throwing a pick because you were panicked or felt the pressure.....

Every one wants to point out that we have only seen him against Second/third Team players...

Every one forgets to mention that he can do things with a football that No other QB on the team can do....

All the experience in the world...or None at all... he can make throws that Hill and Smith will never be able to make .....on or off the football field.

Its not like he has to beat out Joe Montana...he has to beat out a guy who is a Notoriously Slow learner that has a HARD time adjusting from the class room to the football field.....In all likely hood He has to beat out a guy who is not going to be in the NFL in a year or two.
Originally posted by fan49:

If and when he plays better talent and PROVES himself I would be all for it until then he is no better than QB1 or 2.

~Ceadder

And how does a QB in the league actually PROVE himself by playing against “better” talent other than getting on the field in a real game against the other team’s real defense? By your theory, no QB should ever play in a real game, because they will never PROVE it until they play in a real game, and if they can’t PROVE it, they shouldn’t play in a real game. It’s a big circle that just doesn’t make any sense, unless you want your team’s QB to be always grabbed from free agency, letting other teams do the experiment to see what they can do. Of course, with that method, the niners would never get a great QB, because the other teams wouldn’t want to trade them. On the other hand, Hill and Smith have both played in real games, and exactly what have they PROVEN?
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
He needs a new number, though. #7 reminds me of John "Horsetooth" Elway, and after living in Colorado for a number of years and having to see that dude's horsey grin, I don't want anything to remind me of him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kirkfiege:
Nate Davis number two is incredibly, incredibly ridiculous at this point and it shows that a lot of you have no true football knowledge.

Preseason play against vanilla defenses filled with third stringers? An ineffective fourth game? A learning disability that requires patience?

And for the record Alex Smith has a lot of physical talent.

Why?? Shaun Hill didn't even play against 1st or 2nd string defenses in the Preseason before he started a game in the regular season.

And unless you know Nate Davis, you don't really know how his learning disability affects him. He may be dumb as an Ox when it comes to bookwork, but hes probably smarter than just as any QB when it comes to playbooks.