There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Originally posted by socalniner:
Nate is right where he should be. If a game was played tomorrow and Hill couldn't start, I wouldn't Nate in there.

Of course Nate has the brighter future, but game experience? Advantage - Alex.

Game experience... Advantage - Alex
Everything else... - Advantage - Nate
  • watahitbylott42
  • Info N/A
THAT KIDS PHENAMANAL...BETTER ARM, BETTER WORK ETHICS, AND WAY BETTER DECISION MAKING....
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Why rush him?

being a back up is not rushing him. He won't be starting unless Hill gets hurt. All I'm saying is that he's a better option at backup rather than Alex Bust.
unless we get rid of A.Smith otherwise no...too early...no need to rush this kid, let him sit and learn.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Here we go... Nate Davis > Alex Smith

Its so obvious that he is better than smith. I lost all faith in smith after that missed easy screenpass against oakland in the preseason.
Originally posted by NinersSF:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Here we go... Nate Davis > Alex Smith

Its so obvious that he is better than smith. I lost all faith in smith after that missed easy screenpass against oakland in the preseason.

If it is so obvious, then it is so obvious we should treat the kid with kid gloves "no pun intended" -- kid, gloves lol

Some QBs can play right away (Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez (apparently), Marino, Roethlisberger).

Others take time (Montana, Young). Hell, Joe Theismann returned punted. Ken Andersen took time to develop.

Elway, Aikman played early and got butchered like Alex did. They emerged from it, some never do, and Alex hasn't yet (some say he never will). Couch, Smith, etc.

Some are just bums like Ryan Leaf, Drunkenmiller, Schlichter.

Some start fast but peter out (Vince Young anyone)

Plunkett was a Heisman winner at Stanford and was the #1 pick by the Patriots. He was pounded there, went to the 49ers ("Plunkett to me lol') for a year or 2, and wound up winning 2 SBs for the Raiders.

People are hugging Rodgers' nutz but he sat for 3 years.

No 2 QBs are the same.

Let's let the kid transition. The so-called QB competition did not have a true winner which means Alex will probably play at some point. I don't want Nate playing, unless it is a blow out. Or both Hill and Smith are injured.

If we could fuse Smith and Hill . . .
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Nate is right where he should be. If a game was played tomorrow and Hill couldn't start, I wouldn't Nate in there.

Of course Nate has the brighter future, but game experience? Advantage - Alex.

Game experience... Advantage - Alex
Everything else... - Advantage - Nate

Exactly. If we start the season 1-3 or something along those lines, I say play Davis and stop wasting time.
Davis isn't even active for todays game.
Give him time to develop.
I am not advocating just throwing Nate in there but when he does go in the defenses are going to get shredded with the types of throws Nate can make. He needs time to learn but stacking the box when you have a guy who has such a quick arm is going to be pretty risky. Nate, when he wants to can match Elway's shots. I am thinking Nate is setting his entry into the games because he is not being daunted. He is taking it to the other team. It is hard to keep a guy out when he is doing it to the other team and not vice versa. Funny how in this game the running sucked but the pass blocking was better. Makes one wonder if they planned it that way. I mean stressed pass blocking all week. I am pretty sure the OL will improve as the OL was not together much and did not play a whole lot. I think getting that vet Pashos will be big in the future. Having that depth ensures a lot. I think from what we have seen our dbs are pretty good and really deep. I think two guys who will help a lot is RayMac and RJF. I think they can be our Darnell Dockett types. I think Evans and Marques Douglas should be let go and Briggs and Green brought back.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,472
I am late to the discussion but, isn't Nate Davis #2 due to an injury to Smith
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 915Niner915:
dude ND is not ready to play against 1st string D's. Let the guy develop, let him stay in that 3rd role. I personally cant wait for the season to start IMO. Hill had like 13-8 TD/INT from half a season? Play the whole and double 26-16 and 3k + yrds? Idk lol

double his stats over 16 games?

32 games MAYBE, but not 16. You WERE paying attention to what Hill was... Errrrr WASN'T able to do were you not?

~Ceadder

Ceaddar, your man love with Smith is very transparent. The things errr Hill can't do are still better than the things Alex can do. Alex can't do anything and offers nothing. And by doubling his stats he probably meant that if Hill had 13 TD and 8 int in half a season. Double that for a whole season and that is what he is looking forward to. Pretty straight forward, no?

ALex Smith should be QB 3 at the very best. PErsonally I don't even think he belongs in the NFL. Have him play up there in Americas Hat, AKA Canada.

Mmmmm'kay Shaun is just so much better than Smith. Then he should have shown that TODAY, but from all accounts that I have seen Shaun was just flat. No Gore no Win. Isn't that the same thing that people were saying about Smith? I'll give Hill time, but he's on a short leash imho. If he looks flat against ST. LOUIS who got blown out today by Sheattle then I'm all for yanking the plug on him. Even if it's DURING the game.

There is no room for error based on the schedule that we have. I mean honestly folks we play half our division schedule in the 1st 4 weeks. We got LUCKY beating Arizona today.

~Ceadder
No, Alex knows all of the plays better and can play just as well.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 915Niner915:
dude ND is not ready to play against 1st string D's. Let the guy develop, let him stay in that 3rd role. I personally cant wait for the season to start IMO. Hill had like 13-8 TD/INT from half a season? Play the whole and double 26-16 and 3k + yrds? Idk lol

double his stats over 16 games?

32 games MAYBE, but not 16. You WERE paying attention to what Hill was... Errrrr WASN'T able to do were you not?

~Ceadder

Ceaddar, your man love with Smith is very transparent. The things errr Hill can't do are still better than the things Alex can do. Alex can't do anything and offers nothing. And by doubling his stats he probably meant that if Hill had 13 TD and 8 int in half a season. Double that for a whole season and that is what he is looking forward to. Pretty straight forward, no?

ALex Smith should be QB 3 at the very best. PErsonally I don't even think he belongs in the NFL. Have him play up there in Americas Hat, AKA Canada.

Mmmmm'kay Shaun is just so much better than Smith. Then he should have shown that TODAY, but from all accounts that I have seen Shaun was just flat. No Gore no Win. Isn't that the same thing that people were saying about Smith? I'll give Hill time, but he's on a short leash imho. If he looks flat against ST. LOUIS who got blown out today by Sheattle then I'm all for yanking the plug on him. Even if it's DURING the game.

There is no room for error based on the schedule that we have. I mean honestly folks we play half our division schedule in the 1st 4 weeks. We got LUCKY beating Arizona today.

~Ceadder

Ummm, Hill is better than Smith. Its 2009 bro, not 2005. Stop clinging to his useless c*ck. Can't blame Hill today on our "lucky" win...blame our blind dedication to the run after it was evident that it wasn't working.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 915Niner915:
dude ND is not ready to play against 1st string D's. Let the guy develop, let him stay in that 3rd role. I personally cant wait for the season to start IMO. Hill had like 13-8 TD/INT from half a season? Play the whole and double 26-16 and 3k + yrds? Idk lol

double his stats over 16 games?

32 games MAYBE, but not 16. You WERE paying attention to what Hill was... Errrrr WASN'T able to do were you not?

~Ceadder

Ceaddar, your man love with Smith is very transparent. The things errr Hill can't do are still better than the things Alex can do. Alex can't do anything and offers nothing. And by doubling his stats he probably meant that if Hill had 13 TD and 8 int in half a season. Double that for a whole season and that is what he is looking forward to. Pretty straight forward, no?

ALex Smith should be QB 3 at the very best. PErsonally I don't even think he belongs in the NFL. Have him play up there in Americas Hat, AKA Canada.

Mmmmm'kay Shaun is just so much better than Smith. Then he should have shown that TODAY, but from all accounts that I have seen Shaun was just flat. No Gore no Win. Isn't that the same thing that people were saying about Smith? I'll give Hill time, but he's on a short leash imho. If he looks flat against ST. LOUIS who got blown out today by Sheattle then I'm all for yanking the plug on him. Even if it's DURING the game.

There is no room for error based on the schedule that we have. I mean honestly folks we play half our division schedule in the 1st 4 weeks. We got LUCKY beating Arizona today.

~Ceadder

Ummm, Hill is better than Smith. Its 2009 bro, not 2005. Stop clinging to his useless c*ck. Can't blame Hill today on our "lucky" win...blame our blind dedication to the run after it was evident that it wasn't working.

Ummmmm what?!?

How can you NOT blame Hill? I mean let's be honest for a moment shall we? If Hill had HALF the talent that you believe he does then don't you think at all that we just MIGHT not have stuck with something that as you say WASN'T working?

I'm not going to take offense to you myopic thought process that I'm clinging to anything btw. It's not that I do not like Hill. I've been saying this since LAST YEAR that Hill is not the guy. Other people who BACK him have even stated similar things.

If your intent by suggesting that I swing from vines is to get me riled you failed miserably. I want the BEST guy under Center. So far it's looking like Hill is not THAT guy. Now whether it's Alex or Nate, remains to be seen. But Hill has the chance to step up and change my opinion of him as well as those who believe as I do.

And I stand by my opinion that if he's flat against St. Louis a team that got BLANKED and scored on at will today, then he must be removed. Seems to me though that it's not me that's swinging from a vine.

~Ceadder
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home