There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (week 4)

Next week will be ugly if the offense doesn't turn it up, The Falcons won't hand the game to us on a platter.
Critisism of playcalling is unfair, Sing/Raye are bringing along the offense slowly the O is pretty young/inexperienced. We opened it up more this game and need to continue to do so. What I would like to see more of Vs. ATL
Vernon Davis-make him a priority min of 8-10 targets, give him a shot at an end around run, get him involved early in the game, give him at least 2 shots down the field

Josh Morgan-he proved he can get open (CATCH THE BALL!) give him a shot to make plays

Jason Hill- give him a chance please!
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Winners:
I think our offense did just fine. We ran the clock out a lot on those runs. I liked to see Shaun Hill get more opportunities to throw, and he threw for two touchdowns. Acting like "He didn't break 200 yards passing" is ridiculous, seeing as how we were often starting at around the 50 yard line.

I think everyone who is mad or whatever about our offense needs to relax. We just shut out a team 35-0 and had two offensive TD's, both through the air, and another that would've happened had Morgan not dropped that pass. We're 3-1, 3-0 against the NFC West, and yet people here still are complaining. Weird.

I don't think you watched the 1st half.

I didn't think that a full football game was only one half. I watched the whole game, and overall, I thought we played just fine. Did we do super amazing? No. Was our running game that good? Not really, but Coffee is a rookie and a third rounder at that. Did we get two passing TD's and no INTs? Yep. Did we eat up a lot of clock? You bet.
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
We simply must address the O line in the next draft and Free Agency, We probably need as many as 3 new starters, or at least 2 to help Rachal, I mean a Practice squad player owned him today. That's not a good sign at all. We need help, lots of it.

Wasn't too keen on the up the gut running when it wasn't overly working and we could have run up a few more points with some varition, we were still too predictable, Coffee really could and should have had a 100 yard game, if the O line performs that poorly in the run game next week, he'll be lucky to hit 60 again.

I have to agree with you and what others on the board are echoing. We need better "O" line play and we need it now! If we want to win and ve a playoff team this year that is the one area that has ti improve dramatically now. And yes we will have to address it in next year's draft and FA. But He!! we are in first place with 1 1/2 game lead over Zona, 2 games on the Seachickens, and 3 games on the Lambs! Don't worry, Be Happy!
Really sloppy today. The entire offense needs to improve drastically over the next three games. As well as the defense has played, a performance like today against Falcons, Texans, and Colts is not going to get it done. We won't win any of those games scoring 0 points in the first half. It seems like this offense is set up for 2 touchdown drives a game. Rest of the game it's just missed blocks, dropped passes, and punts.
Is the sweep an illegal play in the NFL now? I'm all for the running game, but lets get some variation. What I did like was our slowly-improving passing game. If Morgan doesn't drop that pass in the second half we're all singing his praises right now, and I don't think he'll do that too much more. O-line is biggest concern, something that Atlanta will be looking to exploit next week. The good news is, from the little I've seen from Atlanta this year, their defense really doesn't look very good (more like the Rams than the Vikings).

GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'll say I am not a fan of the play of the 9ers oline. They are not good right now. But Raye needs to help out. Run, screen pass, run isn't going to get it done in the NFL.

We're still giving up quite a lot of sacks. We gave up 4 sacks again today. It is due to a combination of poor line play and Hill holding on too long but you're right, the line does need to improve.

I thought Coffee looked like a rookie out there as well. I was hoping for more.

-9fA

Yeah our O-line needs really step up thier game. Raye called a very good game and Hill should have stepped up in the pocket a couple times but our Oline is garbage besides Staley and Rachal. Heitmann got owned almost every play today.

Besides Rachal? Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachal got beat on three different ocassions to the QB. He's the guy wearing number 62, the guy blown by by the undertackles on a consistent basis. Heitmann was number 66, and while he did not have a great game, he was not the culprit for the team's woes on the O-Line.

Staley had an interesting game as well, as he gave up at least two pressures. He was not at the top of his game. Baas had another forgetable day.

Your bias against Heitmann goes back to last year's thread on Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player, and we all learned that your unfair analysis was debunked by his play on the field and by the beat writers who followed the team. You even admitted crow on the thread.

So, why are you slipping back to your old ways?

Heitmann is not the problem.

Yeah but then he struggles like this. When we had this discussion last year he played like crap then turned it around, I infact admitted that. It shows me that he is inconsistent. I'm sure that he has good games left in him. If anything I think he would make a probowl guard. It looks like on film to me that he has a problem with getting set after snapping the ball. Shift him to take Baas's spot and put Wallace in. Rachal's issue on film clearly look like a communication problem's. Heitmann is not the problem but he is sure a part of it. Either he's making the wrongs calls at the line or were just not executing. I just know it needs to change.
Horrid offensive showing today. Passing, running, everything was just f**king putrid. One dropped ball wouldn't have changed my opinion.

[ Edited by Method on Oct 4, 2009 at 17:21:10 ]
only 228 yards offense on the day

Originally posted by GEEK:
They need to think about benching Baas or Rachal for Wragge. They both have been awful at their respective positions.

The writing is on the wall for Baas, who needs to step up his game or the Niners will let him walk.

Rachal takes so many bad angles, and is getting beat way too many times by the undertackle. Maybe the better option is to slide him over to the LG position, and have him take on the NT more often.

I agree Baas looked awful today. I'm kinda disappointed in Rachal too. Hey Maddog can the struggles of the o-line in the running game be partially blamed to the switching to a zone blocking scheme? It just seems like we were running the ball alot better in years past even against 8 and 9 men fronts.
Still not crazy about Jimmy Raye's playcalling and the O-Line still isn't playing very well. Im really dissapointed with Chilo Rachal.

I thought Coffee played pretty solid considering he did not have much running room for most of the game.

Morgan dropped a TD pass but made a nice TD catch and overall played pretty well. Vernon Davis had a good game but he should be getting the ball thrown to him more, IMO.

Delaine Walker...Good things happen when he touches the football.

Issac Bruce is washed up.

Where was Brandon Jones? Were going to need him and Jason Hill to make plays for us the 2nd half of the season, IMO.

Shuan Hill played pretty good, not pretty but efficient as usual.

For a team that runs a lot of screens we sure can't run them very well.
Chilo, Heitman and Baas all looked inept today. Hill was okay, but we still need an upgrade.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Is the sweep an illegal play in the NFL now? I'm all for the running game, but lets get some variation. What I did like was our slowly-improving passing game. If Morgan doesn't drop that pass in the second half we're all singing his praises right now, and I don't think he'll do that too much more. O-line is biggest concern, something that Atlanta will be looking to exploit next week. The good news is, from the little I've seen from Atlanta this year, their defense really doesn't look very good (more like the Rams than the Vikings).

GO NINERS!!!!!

Running outside in Raye's system is apparently a rare thing. If you listened to the color commentary closely, John Lynch mentioned that Jimmy Raye got into Coffee's grill because he was trying to break everything to the outside in the running game, not between the tackles. Still Coffee had a decent game. He still needs to work on his receiving skills, but overall not bad for a backup rookie RB.

Passing game and play calling made some strides. O-line still makes me nervous.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
only 228 yards offense on the day

They never had the ball in the second half. The defense was too busy scoring TD's.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'll say I am not a fan of the play of the 9ers oline. They are not good right now. But Raye needs to help out. Run, screen pass, run isn't going to get it done in the NFL.

We're still giving up quite a lot of sacks. We gave up 4 sacks again today. It is due to a combination of poor line play and Hill holding on too long but you're right, the line does need to improve.

I thought Coffee looked like a rookie out there as well. I was hoping for more.

-9fA

Yeah our O-line needs really step up thier game. Raye called a very good game and Hill should have stepped up in the pocket a couple times but our Oline is garbage besides Staley and Rachal. Heitmann got owned almost every play today.

Besides Rachal? Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachal got beat on three different ocassions to the QB. He's the guy wearing number 62, the guy blown by by the undertackles on a consistent basis. Heitmann was number 66, and while he did not have a great game, he was not the culprit for the team's woes on the O-Line.

Staley had an interesting game as well, as he gave up at least two pressures. He was not at the top of his game. Baas had another forgetable day.

Your bias against Heitmann goes back to last year's thread on Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player, and we all learned that your unfair analysis was debunked by his play on the field and by the beat writers who followed the team. You even admitted crow on the thread.

So, why are you slipping back to your old ways?

Heitmann is not the problem.

Yeah but then he struggles like this. When we had this discussion last year he played like crap then turned it around, I infact admitted that. It shows me that he is inconsistent. I'm sure that he has good games left in him. If anything I think he would make a probowl guard. It looks like on film to me that he has a problem with getting set after snapping the ball. Shift him to take Baas's spot and put Wallace in. Rachal's issue on film clearly look like a communication problem's. Heitmann is not the problem but he is sure a part of it. Either he's making the wrongs calls at the line or were just not executing. I just know it needs to change.

The weakness of the offense is def the O-Line play. The reason we really can't open or up is the fault of the OL. The line really hasn't been run blocking all that well either. The guards are not playing well, Rachel/Baas are playing horrible. Soon and I'm going to be calling for Wraage to take over, seems like Baas was better on the right side.