LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill needs to audible more when he sees the line stacked with D-men.

[ Edited by GEEK on Oct 4, 2009 at 16:10:48 ]
  • ZRF80
He opened it up a little bit. Still not there yet, but I like that he was willing to let Hill make plays......
our run game is wack
I was somewhat impressed, we continued to rub in the wound, and during the middle of the fourth we did a passing play on 3rd down (even though it failed) to rub some clock out (at least Raye learned from the last game, none-the-less).

Raye needs to take notes, passing can win you games, yeh know?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Raye was a never going to do a complete 360 on his whole philosophy.

What i liked was that he showed the willingness to adjust and be creative. I do agree that there are still some issues but for the most part, i thought he did well.

-9fA

Well if Sing intervenes and tells him plan B, he has no choice.
First half was terrible, we were playing that 7 point lead like it was 35+.

I'm glad we threw it more in the 2nd half.

Hill does need to audible more, but he doesn't seem to be facing any repercussions from the coaching staff, which needs to be fixed.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Raye was a never going to do a complete 360 on his whole philosophy.

What i liked was that he showed the willingness to adjust and be creative. I do agree that there are still some issues but for the most part, i thought he did well.

-9fA

Well if Sing intervenes and tells him plan B, he has no choice.

It will open up more every week. It's still a new system to everyone. It will only improve week after week.
I'll say I am not a fan of the play of the 9ers oline. They are not good right now. But Raye needs to help out. Run, screen pass, run isn't going to get it done in the NFL.
Originally posted by taney71:
I'll say I am not a fan of the play of the 9ers oline. They are not good right now. But Raye needs to help out. Run, screen pass, run isn't going to get it done in the NFL.

We're still giving up quite a lot of sacks. We gave up 4 sacks again today. It is due to a combination of poor line play and Hill holding on too long but you're right, the line does need to improve.

I thought Coffee looked like a rookie out there as well. I was hoping for more.

-9fA
I don't mind all the running, but running the ball straight up the gut every time simply isn't working. Throw some counters and off tackle stuff in there every once in a while.

We're still giving up quite a lot of sacks. We gave up 4 sacks again today. It is due to a combination of poor line play and Hill holding on too long but you're right, the line does need to improve.

-9fA

Yeah our O-line needs really step up thier game. Raye called a very good game and Hill should have stepped up in the pocket a couple times but our Oline is garbage besides Staley and Rachal. Heitmann got owned almost every play today.
Darth Slumberous's game plan is still a mystery, but as long as we win I'm good.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

-9fA

Yeah our O-line needs really step up thier game. Raye called a very good game and Hill should have stepped up in the pocket a couple times but our Oline is garbage besides Staley and Rachal. Heitmann got owned almost every play today.

Did you guys see the pass rush the Rams got up the middle at times? What was up with that? Seriously they need to protect Hill or Alex Smith goes in ASAP.
If Hill continues to get sacked 4 times per game, we could be seeing Alex Smith really... really... soon.
O-Line is by far the weakest link of the team. It needs to get better real fast because the defense can't do it all themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone