There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (week 4)

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:


I didn't get to watch it, just viewing play by play through game center.

It was better you did not watch. Nothing was going right.
Nate Davis played an OKAY game...not great...

but after the 1st half you can tell they put in receivers that were not going to make the team...and u can tell there's alot of mis communication and confusion when the offense is running the called plays...
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Thought Davis had a mixed game. Some good, some bad. He finally had a ball picked after two others should have been picked. Against first teamers, it probably would have been four picks in the last two games, so he's got to be careful.

At the same time, his TD pass to Hill was very nice, and he's showing good awareness under pressure.

I think we can all see that under the center, he's simply not as comfortable or effective as in the shotgun.

I agree, he is still learning the difference between throws you can make in college and throws you can make in the NFL. This is exactly why he needs time to develop!
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Fail.

EPIC.......

Davis will start later in the season, bet ya!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

I think he made a strong case for himself tonight.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

Which one; noddle arm or the guy who tries to catch passes? (sarc)

Is it possible to cut J Raye?
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

I think he made a strong case for himself tonight.

I'm just going off from what both Matt's said.

Hill has been with the 2nd and 3rd teamers all preseason. It seems the team likes Spurlock more.

-9fA
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

I think he made a strong case for himself tonight.

Yea. I reallllllllly hope he makes it. He ran a nice route and got the tip toe first down. Ran another great route with Davis looking off the coverage for the long td and he drew a pass interference and put our guys in a position to get points.

Our WR's imo might look like:

Bruce
Morgan
Battle
Jones
Hill
Spurlock

Crabtree doesn't count against the 53 man squad right? So if he does sign eventually then the team might cut a wr or another player.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

Which one; noddle arm or the guy who tries to catch passes? (sarc)

Is it possible to cut J Raye?

3 other teams have done it...



but, until Hill leads us to a TD drive he has lost my confidence

our offense has just been bad this preseason

and I'm really worried about the defense
Play calling: Horrible and conservative.

Scheme: Pound the rock. Throw some screens in there.

Philosophy: Hit em in the mouth. WTF is that supposed to mean? Who knows. But the result of that aimless philosophy is what we saw tonight.

Its the same old crap.

Go into a game with FEAR.

We are afraid to throw the ball because we are afraid of interceptions and turnovers. The other teams can smell this fear. The defensive opposition is filled with energy and aggression because they know that we are just going to run the ball, dink and dunk, and screen our way down the field. This fills them with confidence, and they just go out and play relaxed and aggressive.

This kind of conservative, "Don't make a mistake" philosophy, brings a certain attitude that says, "We don't trust our quarterback."
That type of attitude is not what playoff teams have.

"Ball control" teams rarely have success in this league.

Aggressive, attacking teams, who pass the ball have an opportunity to grow into a successful team.

Fearful, conservative teams rarely do.

Once we go into our two-minute drill, we start to move the football effectively. This is because the quarterback gets into a rhythm.

"Rhythm" does not exist with a conservative, "hit em in the mouth" philosophy.

All the hard work in the world will get destroyed by a talented aggressive team who spent half of training camp playing X-Box.

The hardest working team in the league is not the best team. That is bull$*%@.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow the second half was brutal.

Does Hill get cut?

-9fA

Which one; noddle arm or the guy who tries to catch passes? (sarc)

Is it possible to cut J Raye?

3 other teams have done it...



but, until Hill leads us to a TD drive he has lost my confidence

our offense has just been bad this preseason

and I'm really worried about the defense

Well our D looked dead tired because our O never everrrrrrrrr got going in the second half. You really gotta give it up for our rook Briggs. Brought consistent heat.
6-10 folks... that is all
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Play calling: Horrible and conservative.

Scheme: Pound the rock. Throw some screens in there.

Philosophy: Hit em in the mouth. WTF is that supposed to mean? Who knows. But the result of that aimless philosophy is what we saw tonight.

Its the same old crap.

Go into a game with FEAR.

We are afraid to throw the ball because we are afraid of interceptions and turnovers. The other teams can smell this fear. The defensive opposition is filled with energy and aggression because they know that we are just going to run the ball, dink and dunk, and screen our way down the field. This fills them with confidence, and they just go out and play relaxed and aggressive.

This kind of conservative, "Don't make a mistake" philosophy, brings a certain attitude that says, "We don't trust our quarterback."
That type of attitude is not what playoff teams have.

"Ball control" teams rarely have success in this league.

Aggressive, attacking teams, who pass the ball have an opportunity to grow into a successful team.

Fearful, conservative teams rarely do.

Once we go into our two-minute drill, we start to move the football effectively. This is because the quarterback gets into a rhythm.

"Rhythm" does not exist with a conservative, "hit em in the mouth" philosophy.

All the hard work in the world will get destroyed by a talented aggressive team who spent half of training camp playing X-Box.

The hardest working team in the league is not the best team. That is bull$*%@.

This..

If this is it, then turn off the lights..
Nate Davis should be our backup QB. Hands down. Alex Smith, either take a seat as the 3rd stringer, or hit the road jack!