There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Youngone:
Why do the football gods hate us?

because of our 5 rings! Haters gonna hate bro!
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Who was the last rookie WR to make a team credible? All sports analyst say the 49ers are going to suck because we dont have Crabtree. How big of a difference would he really make to the team?

Does anyone know if they are still negotiating or is he waiting for the 49ers to contact him with a new offer?

very true. Calvin Johnson didn't make the Lions any better immediately. The only position that can turn a franchise around with a rook is QB, maybe RB.

He suffered a lower back injury in week 2 or 3 of his rookie season, he would take Vicodin 2x a game to be able to get though the game. He was on a team that could not run the ball and whose QB was sacked 50+ times. It's possible he would have had a greater impact had they had an OL who could run and pass block.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Why do the football gods hate us?

Do they hate us? Or do they love us so much that they are keeping this guy off the team because he will ruin our next run of Dominance?

JK I like Crabtree I want him on our team, wait do i defy the football gods? damnit i dont know what to think anymore

I think the football gods are evening the score we had back to back HOF QBs who were throwing to an HOF receiver, now the football Gods are making us take our lumps.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
If he doesnt sign by saturday

I wont care if the niners sign him or not.

I’m with you I’m waiting till Saturday if he doesn’t sign by then I’m done with him he is dead to me. And when we see him next year I hope P Willie takes his head off. But I hope he is just doing what his agent says and come Saturday he says screw this I’m signing
jon clayton reported on espn this morning that there has been very little to no talks between crabtree agent and the 9ers.
Originally posted by westcoastchamps:

I’m with you I’m waiting till Saturday if he doesn’t sign by then I’m done with him he is dead to me. And when we see him next year I hope P Willie takes his head off. But I hope he is just doing what his agent says and come Saturday he says screw this I’m signing

i think if he doesnt sign by saturday or the few days after, i dont think it will be about caring if we sign him or not. I think by then, there's enuf writing on the wall to see we just plainly aren't signing him unless we offer more then the slot, which i dont think we are going to do. if not signed by next week, its pretty evident he does infact truly intend to hold out till the draft unless niners give him what he wants.

for all the leverage we had, its down to a matter of days in my opinion to where leverage will now be his. from his standpoint, if we want him, we know the price tag to get him. otherwise, we'll see him on a opposing team next season.
Originally posted by westcoastchamps:

BINGO
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Just seen that Goodell will be doing a live chat tomorrow @ 2pm eastern on NFL.com. We need to get as many zoners on as possable and hound his ass about this Sanders crap.

Agreed. I already sent in my question:

In a recent NFL Network interview Deion Sanders claimed that two teams had attempted to trade for Michael Crabtree and were willing to meet his contract demands. The 49ers have stated no such talks occurred. Essentially, if Deion is speaking the truth then this is an obvious case of tampering. If not then Deion is inappropriately using his position on the NFL Network to attempt to push the 49ers into meeting Crabtree's contract demand.

Given the public nature of the revelation does the league require the 49ers to lodge an investigation and if not will the league be investigating under its own initiative?

Bumping a good question

Halfway through and Goodell hasn't dealt with a sensitive quesiton yet. All publicly available statements (Time Warner network issue and rookie salary cap) he's made elsewhere. I doubt he'll deal with any contentious issues here.
Originally posted by battletowin:
jon clayton reported on espn this morning that there has been very little to no talks between crabtree agent and the 9ers.

I have a feeling that if Crabtree does sign, we're not going to get any forewarning of any negotiations.

I don't see the 49ers caving. The contract is there Crabtree just needs to sign on the dotted line and the deal needs to be processed which supposedly doesn't take more than 30 mins.

-9fA
Crabtree is a wash this year anyway, funny how we were all pumped on him being picked a few months ago. The Raiders front office looks a lot smarter than us now at least there guy is in camp to drop all of those passes.

I think he is really going to hold out until next years draft!
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Just seen that Goodell will be doing a live chat tomorrow @ 2pm eastern on NFL.com. We need to get as many zoners on as possable and hound his ass about this Sanders crap.

Agreed. I already sent in my question:

In a recent NFL Network interview Deion Sanders claimed that two teams had attempted to trade for Michael Crabtree and were willing to meet his contract demands. The 49ers have stated no such talks occurred. Essentially, if Deion is speaking the truth then this is an obvious case of tampering. If not then Deion is inappropriately using his position on the NFL Network to attempt to push the 49ers into meeting Crabtree's contract demand.

Given the public nature of the revelation does the league require the 49ers to lodge an investigation and if not will the league be investigating under its own initiative?

Bumping a good question

Halfway through and Goodell hasn't dealt with a sensitive quesiton yet. All publicly available statements (Time Warner network issue and rookie salary cap) he's made elsewhere. I doubt he'll deal with any contentious issues here.

Goodell isn't ballsy enough to take any tough questions...

-9fA
Originally posted by MrOrange:
That John Clayton clone/wannabe on NFL.com said that he expects Crabtree to sign no later than week 10 when of course he would stand to lose too much if you will. I say he probably signs week 2 or 3 when he realizes he's lost close to $50,000 in game checks.

When he does sign though it'll be a little awkward for whomever ended up caving in. Someone is going to have to answer some tough questions about why he wasn't at camp when it started let alone there for the season opener.

Holding out till the first game of the preseason? I'm ok with that. There is nothing wrong with seeing how much leverage you have and what you can walk away with, but this has turned into something absurd. Lose/lose situation....moreso for Crabtree.

i think most of you guys don't understand crabtree cos you don't think like him.
I think you're wrong cos what 50K means for a guy expecting 30M ? (you know there's a big difference between a K and a M) It means absolutely nothing ! He has a high opinion of himself and signing for the contract given by the niners is like an insult to him.
HE WILL NOT SIGN UNLESS THE NINERS MAKE A BETTER OFFER
i SAY IT TODAY AND I'LL SAY IT TOMORROW
forget about the guy and yes you can burn your #15 jersey for good (thank god after hesitation i finally bought a #52 jersey cos i went for the guy who already proved somethin')

[ Edited by 49Fever on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:45:07 ]
Can't we just sweeten the deal with some local endorsements or something under the table......I'm gonna cry
i think saturday night we should all have a Crabtree burn party if he dosent sign and post it on you tube i bought #52 as well thank god.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Hi there, I'm #15, Michael "Cashtree".... Deion wants me to have this nickname.

i like it very much
is it your idea ?
nice nickname
from now on i'll call him 'cashtree'